Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    There is no official reason stated yet. Headcanon is that the Keepers probably were being jerks with their magic. They magically altered proto-drakes' eggs to become dragons to assist the Aspects and provide them with consorts. Now that the Aspects are done with their jobs and gave up their powers, there isn't any need for additional dragons anymore so the magic stopped working and existing dragons can't give birth.
    I don't think that's how reproduction works. I could understand if only the aspects were sterile because of magical shenanigans, but the WHOLE species? It's just completely absurd on all levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    I don't think that's how reproduction works. I could understand if only the aspects were sterile because of magical shenanigans, but the WHOLE species? It's just completely absurd on all levels.
    Nobody said it was good writing. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Yes but did that lead to anything like the current emerald nightmare issues where druids and dragons were being corrupted? That's what I'm getting at. So far as I've heard people being corrupted inside it like that is a relatively new thing.
    Weren't the Druids of the Fang victims of the Nightmare? Something to do with Naralax and the Glowing Shard we retrieve from the Wailing Caverns. The quest is no longer available as of Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Weren't the Druids of the Fang victims of the Nightmare? Something to do with Naralax and the Glowing Shard we retrieve from the Wailing Caverns. The quest is no longer available as of Cataclysm.
    My understanding is that occurs between WC 3 and the start of vanilla and not a long time ago, just like Malfurion getting stuck there because of Fandral and the dragons going nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Well, the whole species came to be specifically because of the magics from the Keepers, casted specifically to give the Aspects their helpers and consorts. Maybe the only reason they were able to reproduce from the beginning was because of that magic were always there. Also, What Florena said :P Although, just a reminder that it was just headcanon. Lore-wise, I don't think we ever got any explanations.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    My understanding is that occurs between WC 3 and the start of vanilla and not a long time ago, just like Malfurion getting stuck there because of Fandral and the dragons going nuts.
    I see, so it's more post-Warcraft and more recent.

With new lore bits being written, it would've been nice if we got a timetravel expansion based on Warcraft events rather than Warlords/Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    no no wait
    he had help from Gruul
    And he still barely won, he seperated some of his chest plates and DW retreated.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I see, so it's more post-Warcraft and more recent.

With new lore bits being written, it would've been nice if we got a timetravel expansion based on Warcraft events rather than Warlords/Draenor.
    Please no. I like the occasional Caverns of Time instance that lets us see specific points in history, but I don't want an expansion built around it. At least WoD gave us the chance to see Draenor before it became Outland even if I have issues with the story.