Page 6 of 138 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Five fucking reviews and this awful fucking community is already considering it a flop.

I hate that I play WoW sometimes. Not because of the game but because of the horrendous, mind-boggling stupidity of its playerbase.
    no-no don't think the playerbase that way, just mmo-champion players.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    Blizzard actually thought that their B-movie grade writing was on par with LotR or Song of Fire and Ice ...

Hired a director that has limited experience with special effects.

TL;DR - Delusions of grandeur.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It's pretty dumb to generalize from select people disagreeing with the movie on mmo champion forums, discounting all the people that have said basically the same as you or have liked it, all the way to the entire WoW playerbase
    I'm frustrated by the constant hivemind mentality of players who look at one extremely small sample size of information and make broad, sensationalized determinations from it. It's happening with increased frequency as of late and I've about had my fill of it.

After 5 reviews...5!! Have read some good reviews as well.

Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    The point is your an idiot for letting 5 reviews sum up a judgement.

For the love of god do "Not" let a site like RT tell you everything about a movie's potential or lack of it.

Movies like Starwars episode 7 for example are considered the shit to a number of reviewers.

Personally, I thought it was a very "meh" film and over-used tropes from previous starwars movies to save its own ass, relying too heavily on nostalgia.

Warcraft might not surprise me, but I do already like the CGI combat scenes, they look very actiony and engaging and I aint even seen the damn film yet.

Im not going to judge a book by its reviwer.

going to see it twice, if i liked it ill see it 2 more times
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    It's barely the first day, how is it a "flop"?

It won't be considered a flop unless it doesn't generate enough moneys

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Review in Kotaku.

The Warcraft Movie is Not Good

"I had hoped Warcraft would at a minimum be entertaining, but really, I’ve had more enjoyable two-hour sessions wiping on Molten Core. At least the armor looks good."
    I'm not really impressed by this review. The reviewer spent an entire paragraph explaining why he felt like he should be the movie's intended audience. That's not to discredit his criticisms but I'm a bit annoyed by somebody who feels the need to preface everything by implying their perspective is somehow more relevant since he played through the Warcraft trilogy and WoW in 2005. It just irks me. But it's about what I'd expect from a Kotaku review so maybe that's just par the course and I'm being overly critical. I'm still going to wait for a little more data before writing the movie off as trash.

Review in Kotaku.

The Warcraft Movie is Not Good

"I had hoped Warcraft would at a minimum be entertaining, but really, I’ve had more enjoyable two-hour sessions wiping on Molten Core. At least the armor looks good."
    kotaku, like IGN, is a joke
    Be feared, or be fuel

Isnt RT like the IGN of movies??

The only review that matters... is the fan review. Critics aren't going to understand horseshit and expect LOTR because they read a book 50 years prior.

Quote Originally Posted by hnlntm View Post
    I'll pass judgment once I've seen it thanks. This is why:

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainme...or-good-movies
    Can't believe Airplane! made that list. (or The Big Lebowski, for that matter)

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    The only review that matters... is the fan review. Critics aren't going to understand horseshit and expect LOTR because they read a book 50 years prior.
    The movie needs to expand greatly beyond the fan base in order to be successful, so you're wrong.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the critics praised DragonBall Evolution, with this in mind we can see how "good" reviewer he is

Seriously, such a dramatic conclusion over someone's personal opinion? Remember, there are ZERO skills in being a movie critic, it's just personal opinion. If a food critic disliked your favorite restaurant, would you stop going there simply due to his or her opinion? See the entire film first and come to your own conclusions.

The movie needs to expand greatly beyond the fan base in order to be successful, so you're wrong.
    He's also wrong in that fans are going to have a positive bias going into it

This just proves WoW is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    Seriously, such a dramatic conclusion over someone's personal opinion? Remember, there are ZERO skills in being a movie critic, it's just personal opinion. If a food critic disliked your favorite restaurant, would you stop going there simply due to his or her opinion? See the entire film first and come to your own conclusions.
    eh, there's lots of different levels you can critique a movie on, with comparisons to other movies and exercising good judgement. I wouldn't say there's "ZERO" skill in critiquing a movie, that's be just as extreme as the few people giving it such blatantly ignorant reviews

Movie looked horrible on the trailers, and i expect it to suck, but it's Warcraft, so it will at least be fun to watch once.

That being said, it's 5 fucking reviews... be serious lol.

10+ Year Old Account

What was the point?
    Are you seriously this dumb?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.