Page 7 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    FUCK!

Damn, I had decent expectations, but the more I hear, the worse it seems it is. People are saying it's really no better than the first Resident Evil movie...

If Warcraft can't break the video game movie curse... I don't think anyone can...

Fingers crossed for Assassin's Creed.
    Break the video game movie curse? With WoW's writing?
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by sanchoz View Post
    the game in general would be better received if it were dark and grim like the original warcraft cinematics

compare this:

to this:

the audience of Warcraft got older and yet the themes Blizzard are pushing get younger. nice logic
    oh fuck off, MoP was such a underrated expansion, saying it was more childish than other expansions is stupid thing to say

I would have aimed for purposely camp

If it sucks, then it sucks. I'm still interested enough to see it and make up my own mind.

I'll never understand the Rotten Tomatoes obsession.

The pathetic part is that there are people who are truly excited for this movie, but will choose not to see it because of its Rotten Tomatoes rating. As if what's written on that site is infallible gospel.

Reading a review on Rotten Tomatoes is no different than asking a random person walking out of the theater what they thought about the movie.

In all fairness there are only 5 reviews, I think people need to let the sample size get bigger before they start judging in either direction.

Also, just because a movie isn't rated well doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, be your own judge, don't let other people decide if you like dislike something for you. The inverse is also true.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i never listen to critics or movie reviewers but that being said, everything ive seen about the movie gives me a pretty generic "meh" feeling about it. the cgi is really about the only thing that will save it. outside of that it looks like a typical game to movie production. itll probably make its money back but i doubt seriously itll break any records or make anything compared to LotR.

An army of Captain Hindsight rising in this thread. -.-
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2016-05-25 at 02:32 AM.

Critics only know LOTR and expect LOTR.

They read the book ages ago and get excited about Frodo. Sorry critics, Warcraft doesn't have Frodo.

Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    oh fuck off, MoP was such a underrated expansion, saying it was more childish than other expansions is stupid thing to say
    Childish or not, it certainly didn't feel like the grim Warcraft we used to know. Wow/Warcraft has steadily been getting cheesier and more cartoony since about 2008.

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably should have done the Lich King from the beginning to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    Agree. As far as expansions go MMOC has consistently rated it a solid #2 position to Wrath (if not being technically better than Wrath).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't trust Rotten Tomatoes as many of the movies that have a high "freshness" rating are actually trash, like "The Babadook" and "The Witch", while movies like "Synecdoche, New York" and "Antichrist" receive low ratings. A lot of the movies they have at high rating seem to be very surface level movies that do nothing spectacular or different and aim to please the general audience.

Although I do believe this is likely to be a very shitty movie. I would wait until you see it yourself or wait for more reviews to form a concrete opinion on this movie.
    Last edited by Odobisean; 2016-05-25 at 02:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Childish or not, it certainly didn't feel like the grim Warcraft we used to know. Wow/Warcraft has steadily been getting cheesier and more cartoony since about 2008.
    Did you play it? Sure the zones were pretty, and it had silly looking races, but the actual themes going on in the story at least post max level were pretty dark.

Legion is zero Cartoony. 2008? Try 2006 in BC, gnomes all over Blade's Edge.

I'm going to call BS, first of all, there was plenty of grim and dark things that happened in MoP, and second, WoW specifically has never been an overly serious game, there has always been poop quests and pop culture references, the game hasn't changed much in terms of tone, maybe you've just outgrown the humor/style.

Embargo 'til the 30th, not sure what these reviewers are reviewing.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Legion is zero Cartoony. 2008? Try 2006 in BC, gnomes all over Blade's Edge.
    It is cartoony. World of Warcraft has steadily moved from realism, to semi-realism, to cartoon with MoP. It's not exactly pure cartoon, but it's cartoon with some traits of realism. Extremely stylised and not even close to realism.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Kotaku can be disregarded entirely.

As for Rotten Tomatoes, I've found that they can be very nitpicky. I've watched plenty of films that they've rated poorly, and I've enjoyed them.

How about we decide for ourselves whether the film is any good or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Doesn't WC have a good following in Asia? Asian markets are what make your money back these days.
    Idk. I dont see this movie getting greenlit for a sequel for less than 400m. Narnia had a similarly sized budget to Warcraft, but had a lot of time to become a well known name. I wasn't really a fan of the movies tbh, but the first one did make 745m worldwide. With inflation maybe 800m? So i guess half of that isn't out of the realm of possibility. Idk what kind of profit a movie needs to get a sequel?