Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So you didn't get the Legendary cape in MoP ?
    Only if you are a horde
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    pve (which is considerably easier, even at highest level)
    Ive always loved these statements that pvp is harder than pve and vise versa.

Please tell me why you think so?

Deleted
    That really isn't the point, he has to go pve (which is considerably easier, even at highest level) to get the gear he needs to compete. Or just not be competitive.
    That is exactly the point.

The guy you quoted asked : "Can someone explain how pvp is forcing pve players into pvp in Legion?"
    You said: "Well, to get max number of drops for the week, since the gear you will get from pvp is... pve gear."

There's nothing indicating that you'll get gear from sub 1700 rating, which is the first threshold for ilvl upgrades. The previous pvp gear is the BG one at 810. Even LFR will stomp that. So no, unless you can someone develop insanely leet skills and go beyond 1700 when you've never gotten past 1200 in your life, you cant get any good pvp gear.

Deleted
    tbh im at least glad ranked in pet battles, imo i should be awarded some gear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So you didn't get the Legendary cape in MoP ?
    You people are incredible, I'm laughing my ass off over here. Like lemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Winning like two battlegrounds or something was pretty difficult, wasn't it?
    Yes it was pretty difficult with half of you team (me including) being carebears that hate PVP and can't do PVP. I've spend few days trying to do "mines" just being rolfstopmed by geared and more skilled opponent teams.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Pvp is a minigame. It's not nor should it ever be a focus dev resources outside of them tweaking it in their free time.
    Ability prunning of utility skills and a massive PvP talent tree in the expansion disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    You play on a RP relm with 2/13 Normal HFC or something ?
    No, just a normal PVE server with average progression. I just don't get why it would be so unbelievable to someone that other people don't like to do PVP - at all.

Just to quote Blizzard: "A minority of players raid. A minority of players participate in PvP. A tiny minority touch Mythic raiding. A tiny minority of players do rated PvP. A minority of players have several max-level alts. A minority of players do pet battles, roleplay, list things for sale on the auction house, do Challenge Mode dungeons, and the list goes on."

While there very likely are intersections, just don't assume that other people feel the same about something you like doing or don't mind doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    No, just a normal PVE server with average progression. I just don't get why it would be so unbelievable to someone that other people don't like to do PVP - at all.

Just to quote Blizzard: "A minority of players raid. A minority of players participate in PvP. A tiny minority touch Mythic raiding. A tiny minority of players do rated PvP. A minority of players have several max-level alts. A minority of players do pet battles, roleplay, list things for sale on the auction house, do Challenge Mode dungeons, and the list goes on."

While there very likely are intersections, just don't assume that other people feel the same about something you like doing or don't mind doing.
    So what do you do in game ? farm pets battle ? No i don't get what one can get to do in game if you self carve out 90% of the game (PvP and, high end PvE)

Quote Originally Posted by CursedVision View Post
    That is exactly the point.

The guy you quoted asked : "Can someone explain how pvp is forcing pve players into pvp in Legion?"
    You said: "Well, to get max number of drops for the week, since the gear you will get from pvp is... pve gear."

There's nothing indicating that you'll get gear from sub 1700 rating, which is the first threshold for ilvl upgrades. The previous pvp gear is the BG one at 810. Even LFR will stomp that. So no, unless you can someone develop insanely leet skills and go beyond 1700 when you've never gotten past 1200 in your life, you cant get any good pvp gear.
    You're still missing the point.

A player walks into first raid week 1 of raiding and has poor luck. Welp, time to go hit up the BGs to get more chances at gear. It doesn't matter that it's not the best gear, didn't you read anything in the blog? The Boss doesn't give two shits what your gear looks like, and having 1 or 2 or even 3 BG items in your set the first few weeks isn't going to break your raiding. But having nothing in those slots will.

That's why PVE players will be forced to pvp. Early advantage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Ive always loved these statements that pvp is harder than pve and vise versa.

Please tell me why you think so?
    It's simple logic. PVE encounters don't change. PVP encounters rarely are exactly the same. After 1000 times killing a raid boss you can do it by memory without any effort. After 1000 of the same PvP matchups it doesn't mean you are guaranteed to win the 1001th. The difficulty to reach a certain point might be similar but holding it is way easier in PvE.

Deleted
    You're still missing the point.

A player walks into first raid week 1 of raiding and has poor luck. Welp, time to go hit up the BGs to get more chances at gear. It doesn't matter that it's not the best gear, didn't you read anything in the blog? The Boss doesn't give two shits what your gear looks like, and having 1 or 2 or even 3 BG items in your set the first few weeks isn't going to break your raiding. But having nothing in those slots will.

That's why PVE players will be forced to pvp. Early advantage.
    Bruh, BG gear is at 810ilvl and so is heroic dungeon gear. Lfr/normal is better. That's without counting crafted/mythic+ dungs/world quests. Do you even?

Quote Originally Posted by CursedVision View Post
    Bruh, BG gear is at 810ilvl and so is heroic dungeon gear. Lfr/normal is better. That's without counting crafted/mythic+ dungs/world quests. Do you even?
    You don't understand how gear works in Legion, sorry.

I thought what he said was correct, what's he missing?

Deleted
    Yeah m8, keep queuing BGs for gear instead of hc dungeons or everything else that gives you better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    So what do you do in game ? farm pets battle ? No i don't get what one can get to do in game if you self carve out 90% of the game (PvP and, high end PvE)
    Well, yes, acutally I did pet battle quite a bit. But why would we not do high end pve? That's exactly what we did.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, how the fuck does gear being available through PvP FORCE you to play PvP when you can get the -same freaking gear- from PvE? Dungeons and world quest offer the same rewards, maybe even better.

It can give better loot than 810 (the new warforged thingy) but still there's a higher chance to get good gear from hc dungeons anyway. The early advantage will be for people who get good ratings the first few weeks, not people doing random bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Seriously, how the fuck does gear being available through PvP FORCE you to play PvP when you can get the -same freaking gear- from PvE? Dungeons and world quest offer the same rewards, maybe even better.
    He means weekly cooldowns. PVP increases your chances to get gear, etc.

But it's going to be the other way around, PVPers having to PVE - because of ilvls per effort.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    He means weekly cooldowns. PVP increases your chances to get gear, etc.

But it's going to be the other way around, PVPers having to PVE - because of ilvls per effort.
    Then again how does that change anything vs what we are seeing today or through any of the expansions? If someone desperately has to have everything available at all times then he will have to do both PvE and PvP, while either option is more than OK if you're generally sane.