Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    Why would you pre-order anything for that matter? You only enter into risk of not wanting to play when the product is released. Just pay for it when it comes out. How is pre-ordering even a thing? It only makes sense for something that may run out of stock on release.
    Its just how the market roles. Pre-orderng was a good thing for game manufacturers. As it let them know how many each state would need minimum. So they gave a bonus if you did it. When the digital market came out. They were feeling ripped off
    So it was added to digital market too
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    "Telling the bank the situation" does not mean lying to them and telling them that you didn't actually authorize the purchase. That would be fraud. Period.
    Hi, i purchased a game called World of Warcraft Legion on {insert date and time}, it was a preorder and i decided to cancel my order. They have been reluctant to refund my purchase so i would like to report this as suspicious activity. - That goes to the bank, most banks in my Country act on information and how is it fraud if you legitimately cannot get your refund for a game you don't own and cant play and that isnt released.

Next you go to the site or email the people that set up the new consumer rights laws in gaming and you explain your case. They will then reattain your purchase on your behalf.

End.

Fraud has nothing to do with consumer rights when pre-purchasing games. The new laws super-exceed that of the company policy for that game. If they say you can never get a refund then that is their rules but it is NOT LAW. Da Dum Tissh.
    Do a little research on this and you'll see why responding is futile and that you are indeed wrong. Enjoy eating your curds and whey!

Spreading lies and hatred to create a shitstorm. "Well done" mr Troll McFart. Your name must be pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylum1 View Post
    Hi, i purchased a game called World of Warcraft Legion on {insert date and time}, it was a preorder and i decided to cancel my order. They have been reluctant to refund my purchase so i would like to report this as suspicious activity. - That goes to the bank, most banks in my Country act on information and how is it fraud if you legitimately cannot get your refund for a game you don't own and cant play and that isnt released.
    Because 90% of the time people aren't telling the bank that the company refuses to refund their purchase, they're telling the bank that they never authorized the purchase in the first place because the bank is more likely to act on that lie than they might be to act on the truth. And that IS fraud.

Because 90% of the time people aren't telling the bank that the company refuses to refund their purchase, they're telling the bank that they never authorized the purchase in the first place because the bank is more likely to act on that lie than they might be to act on the truth. And that IS fraud.
    Where do you get these figures from? A retailer refusing a refund for a product they have not provided is a valid reason to issue a chargeback so would the customer need to lie to their bank?

Isnt it a Pre-Purchase and not a Pre-Order? Like actually buying it instead of just "ordering" it?

Tried 3 times and wasnt able to get my refund, probably due to German Law wich states only 14 days after purchase you can get a refund, friends that also live in germany/europe got theirs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Where do you get these figures from? A retailer refusing a refund for a product they have not provided is a valid reason to issue a chargeback so would the customer need to lie to their bank?
    Maybe stop falsely implying that Blizzard has no intention of providing the product or is refusing to do some on some spurious grounds and think for a moment.

If you want to force your bank to reverse the charge, what would you tell them?
    That you made a purchase and changed your mind and the vendor won't give you a refund? Even if the product hasn't been delivered yet, there's every intention to do so once it's available. As has been pointed out, there are no laws requiring that refunds be given simply because you decided you didn't actually want the product. There's every chance the bank will refuse to honor your request because the merchant is not obligated to issue a refund.
    Or will you tell them that an unauthorized purchase was made on your account without your knowledge and that you want the fraudulent charge reversed? The bank will almost certainly comply in this case, because it's their job to help protect your account against misuse.

People lie to get what they want because the truth is less certain to work, or might make them look bad.

Maybe stop falsely implying that Blizzard has no intention of providing the product or is refusing to do some on some spurious grounds and think for a moment.

If you want to force your bank to reverse the charge, what would you tell them?
    That you made a purchase and changed your mind and the vendor won't give you a refund? Even if the product hasn't been delivered yet, there's every intention to do so once it's available. As has been pointed out, there are no laws requiring that refunds be given simply because you decided you didn't actually want the product. There's every chance the bank will refuse to honor your request because the merchant is not obligated to issue a refund.
    Or will you tell them that an unauthorized purchase was made on your account without your knowledge and that you want the fraudulent charge reversed? The bank will almost certainly comply in this case, because it's their job to help protect your account against misuse.

People lie to get what they want because the truth is less certain to work, or might make them look bad.
    I've not implied anything of the sort.

I would tell them that I had ordered a product which I had not received and now I would like a refund which the retailer have refused. There is no need to lie. Whilst I cannot speak for every country certainly within the UK you are entitled to seek a refund for a product which has not been delivered (unless it is bespoke). The merchant is obligated to offer a refund as the sales contract is not complete.

It would appear that you are making up fanciful situations to cover up your lack of understanding.

Deleted
    If you issue a chargeback for the Legion pre-order, does that get your entire Battle.net account banned?

Just asking out of curiosity, I haven't even pre-ordered Legion yet (but I plan to, and I certainly won't be asking for a refund).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    Isnt it a Pre-Purchase and not a Pre-Order? Like actually buying it instead of just "ordering" it?

Tried 3 times and wasnt able to get my refund, probably due to German Law wich states only 14 days after purchase you can get a refund, friends that also live in germany/europe got theirs though.
    When I asked for a refund they said they wouldn't refund it because of US laws and I'm in the EU.

However if you really want a refund in the EU and blizzard doesn't want to give it and gives the same BS, contact the EU consumer protection agency, they even send free letters and look into it, and if you are indeed allowed to get one, they can force any company to refund their product (granted the product is not as advertised, not released yet, postponed, or within the 14 days refund term).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neps View Post
    If you issue a chargeback for the Legion pre-order, does that get your entire Battle.net account banned?

Just asking out of curiosity, I haven't even pre-ordered Legion yet (but I plan to, and I certainly won't be asking for a refund).
    I think it gets frozen, ie, you can do much with it until you pay again.

Not to mention if they see you do it, you get bad behavior on your account, meaning they'll be less inclined to help you in a future refund.