Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    My suggestion would be that they force people to be a tank or support at least once every 5-10 games. I have gotten to the point where I end up having to play Tank/Support so often that if no one else picks them, I just leave game.

Another would be for them to just disconnect people from the server who refuse to get on the point without a legit reason (Sniper mainly)

Another would be to implement a reward/penalty system for Friendly/Toxic players. I have just gotten to the point that I will report people for Harassment for being toxic, and leave group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    My suggestion would be that they force people to be a tank or support at least once every 5-10 games. I have gotten to the point where I end up having to play Tank/Support so often that if no one else picks them, I just leave game.
    I mean, I totally understand the frustration with this kind of thing. I feel the same way sometimes. But there's no solution by enforcing things like this, it'll just lead to bad things and resentment.

Besides, I'd rather play the support myself or go without one than have some guy who doesn't like it, doesn't want it and doesn't understand it forced to play it in one game and fail badly at it, or just go afk cause he cba and wanted to play Soldier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft View Post
    You could also use voice coms play with a group of friends.
    Your reply to my debate was basically to repeat yourself. Some people don't have friends to play with, so they have to play alone and play quick match. Sure, you can use voice coms. You end up talking to yourself because no one else will use them or even acknowledge that you're talking. And no, a more visible note that the only support switched or left the match only. Or are you only trying to play the devil's advocate here? You make it sound like solo players without friends to play with should be penalized for not having friends to play with.

In competitive, people are more than likely in a premade team so they can do whatever their heart desires. Quick match is where you're going to see the casual solo players, and that's where the restrictions should be. I doubt you'll see many casual solo players venture into competitive.

While we're at it, it'd be nice if they didn't match pugs up against full premades in quick match.

All in all, I'm around 50% win rate, which I assume most people will be in pugs, but it's really frustrating when you get teammates who don't even attempt to play as a team in any manner whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    All in all, I'm around 50% win rate, which I assume most people will be in pugs, but it's really frustrating when you get teammates who don't even attempt to play as a team in any manner whatsoever.
    This isn't going to change just because roles are enforced. Even if you play Tank or Support, it isn't going to fix people running off on their own and getting themselves killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    This isn't going to change just because roles are enforced. Even if you play Tank or Support, it isn't going to fix people running off on their own and getting themselves killed.
    Well that wasn't relevant to my initial point. My initial point was that I've had far too many matches where someone starts as a support and you're going about your game thinking you have a support and then you randomly start losing and check and see they changed to McCree or something without ever bothering to say a word to anyone about anything.

Deleted
    Well that wasn't relevant to my initial point. My initial point was that I've had far too many matches where someone starts as a support and you're going about your game thinking you have a support and then you randomly start losing and check and see they changed to McCree or something without ever bothering to say a word to anyone about anything.
    That is usually because the people playing support are usually the better players (at least thats how I have experienced it).
    Im a support "main" but when playing with randoms I usually go to a dps class when we start losing as the dps is not pulling their weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's unlikely they'd switch from support if they felt they were being effective in their supporting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    I would like some form of daily quests, maybe even 20 credits per one?
    I could get behind this idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    That is usually because the people playing support are usually the better players (at least thats how I have experienced it).
    Im a support "main" but when playing with randoms I usually go to a dps class when we start losing as the dps is not pulling their weight.
    Literally ALL it takes is to say to your team that you're not being protected and to kill whatever is harrassing you, or that you're switching from support. Not silence.

Deleted
    • The ability to mute all chats from options, so that you never have to read anyone's bullshit ever again.
    • The ability to skip the completely pointless Play of the Game -screen.
    • The ability to skip the completely pointless commendation -screen.

Give me those things and I'll be a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    After playing Overwatch for a few days, I've come to the conclusion that it is quite good, but there are some things that I feel the game needs.

1. Daily quests. Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm both use this method of unlocking items over time. I think Overwatch needs this too and I think the daily quests need to give credits. 2 reasons for this: To give people a reason to play every day. Of course this isn't a problem right now, but when the game has been out for a couple months, giving people a reason to dive in every day can't hurt. The other reason is to provide a consistent source of credits. Credits are great because they are versatile. They let you buy anything you want, but currently there's no consistent source of them because you can only get them from Loot Boxes and it's random if you'll get any. This would allow players the excitement and disappointment of the loot box system while also allowing them to slowly and reliably work towards whatever skin or whatever they want.

2. Hero levels. I think it would be cool if you could unlock the blue skins by leveling up your heroes. Maybe even an epic skin when you reach a high level. This would give you a reason to try every hero and have a solid understanding of what each hero can do. I've only played the game for 2 days but there are still characters I haven't played and I probably won't play them for a while because I don't like their style. In Heroes I've at least tried every hero and gotten almost all of them to level 5 for the 500 gold reward. I think it'd be healthy for the game.

3. Being able to queue into a specific gametype. My personal favorite is the King of the Hill/Domination type mode. If I could, I'd play that mode over and over again because I like the round system that it has in it. Really allows your team to switch up tactics and rally together in the next round. In the other game modes when you win the match you get put in the same lobby but often most people leave so you don't really get to try again against the same people. I think Quick Play should stay like it is, but with additional options for queuing for a specific game mode.

Those are my main 3 suggestions so far. Obviously I have others like I feel like they need to add more game types, more maps, and eventually more heroes but those will come with time and are obvious additions. What do you guys think? Do you have any more suggestions to add?
    I agree with you in point 3. I really wish you could queue for a specific game mode.
    At this point, I just leave if I get one of the boring modes or unbalanced maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    I would like some form of daily quests, maybe even 20 credits per one?
    This is not unreasonable.

But I also see the other issue brought up here:
    "We need a tank/healer"
    "Sorry bruh, gotta do my daily"

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    • The ability to mute all chats from options, so that you never have to read anyone's bullshit ever again.
    • The ability to skip the completely pointless Play of the Game -screen.
    • The ability to skip the completely pointless commendation -screen.

Give me those things and I'll be a happy camper.
    Someone doesnt get PotG or commended :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    Someone doesnt get PotG or commended :/
    No, I do, I do. I know how to push Q. It's just a pointless waste of time to sit in those screens.

Deleted
    Literally ALL it takes is to say to your team that you're not being protected and to kill whatever is harrassing you, or that you're switching from support. Not silence.
    But after I switch I can't be arsed dealing with the annoying 12 year olds raging at me while they are not doing their job.
    So I switch and try to save the game (like dealing with the hanzo/widow that my team was getting killed by the whole game last night and we won the game afterwards as they were the only 2 people actually killing things from the other team).
    People these days don't like to talk in Online games as you get abused, raged at, yelled at in languages that we usually don't understand.
    The last time I met a decent human being in a video game that wasn't a complete asshat was 4 years ago in WoW.
    That person is still a good friend of mine which I talk to every week.

That is something you don't see much anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    But after I switch I can't be arsed dealing with the annoying 12 year olds raging at me while they are not doing their job.
    So I switch and try to save the game (like dealing with the hanzo/widow that my team was getting killed by the whole game last night and we won the game afterwards as they were the only 2 people actually killing things from the other team).
    People these days don't like to talk in Online games as you get abused, raged at, yelled at in languages that we usually don't understand.
    The last time I met a decent human being in a video game that wasn't a complete asshat was 4 years ago in WoW.
    That person is still a good friend of mine which I talk to every week.

That is something you don't see much anymore.
    It doesn't take much to ignore the ragers. At the very least, if you switch and they complain, at least they know they don't have a support anymore. If they don't switch then it's their own fault.

Deleted
    It doesn't take much to ignore the ragers.
    It's way, way too much work to rightclick names and click mutes on literally thousands of people. The game should have an option to mute chats completely, just like HotS. It's needed, because 99.999% of the people out there have nothing worthwhile to say in chats, and most of them are just annoying as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcharm View Post
    Here's another : Rework Tracer's voice. THAT VOICE is the reason I won't buy this game. Sometimes they try toooooooo much and over do it
    Please. That's nothing.

I want to stab out my eardrums every time this kitty-ho speaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not Hots or HS, stop asking for features from a card game and a moba to be implemented into a team based shooter.
    Why the fuck would I want daily quest saying "play 2 defensive hero's" and then have 3 widow's and 2 bastions on my attacking team.
    Of course I will say something and all 5 of them will say, Just doing my daily quest Bro. chill out.

And its already fucking easy getting loot boxes by just playing the game, we don't need more ways to get more skins and other stuff.

The get everything fast and free community is out in full force again i see.
    Do you understand that dailies are randomly generated for each individual player? So not everyone would have a "Play 2 defensive hero's" daily. Plus, they could get more creative with the dailies in Overwatch, they wouldn't have to be copy pasted from HotS and HS. They could be something like "Spend 2 minutes on an Objective" or something.

It's pretty easy getting loot boxes, but they are random. I've gotten 2 legendary skins so far but they are for characters that I really don't like, daily quests could be a slow but reliable way of working towards the skin you want. I'm thinking like 50 credits a day, which would mean it would take you 20 days to get 1 legendary skin. That is hardly fast.

As for free? I already gave Blizzard my money, so you're damn right I expect to be able to get the skins I want for free. Right now, I really want the Hanzo wolf legendary skin, but I have NO idea when I'll be able to get it. I could get it in my next loot box. I could get enough credits over the course of my next 10 loot boxes, or it could be a long time before I am able to get that skin. Randomness is okay to an extent but you should also be able to have some control over what you want to work towards next.

10+ Year Old Account
    My suggestion: An "I knowz how to push Q" meme featuring a kitten and a keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The only rewards they could give for daily stuff would have to be cosmetic/currency, which would decrease sale of lootboxes for Blizz in the long run. I don't see them actually doing that as a business.

They say they didn't want to add individual heroes leveling because they saw people playing unsuited heroes for longer than they should because those people wanted to stick on said heroes just to level them up. Went against their desire for hero swapping being a thing.

And of course we should be able to select which map/gamemode we want to play. Lumping everything you can do, granted that isn't much, into a single button is just a horrible decision.
    Which is fine because we already gave them our money. I'm thinking like 50 currency per daily which would amount to 1 legendary skin every 20 days. I think that's pretty damn reasonable.

That is a fair point for the hero leveling thing, but personally I think that won't be too much of a problem due to the fact that there are 21 heroes, so yeah I may be leveling up tracer right now, but if we need a tank, I'm sure there will be at least one tank that I'll need to level up as well. Plus, you could increase the win bonus to hero levels to prevent people from just doing whatever they want and actually playing a character that complements the team.