Thread: No Man's Sky

Deleted
    Bah. It was my birthday present for myself, being launched in the EU on my birthday and everything. Goddamnit.

I feel like this is going to be a massive disappointment. It looks pretty and the concept is good, but I fear the game is a mile wide and an inch deep.

Delayed game is evenetually good, but rushed one is always bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    Delayed game is evenetually good, but rushed one is always bad.
    Like, I dunno, Duke Nukem Forever, for example?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Mighty no.9?
    That game has Delayception. Pretty sad really
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    There's delayed, and then there's DNF.

To help everyone release their pain, here is to "noooooooooooooo!"- button.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Press as many times as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Depends on what the delay is for. Games like Zelda or GTA or Uncharted being delayed months upon months before release dates are usually to polish and put out a quality product.

Game like DNF delayed and handed through various dev studios was just developer hell trash.

NMS doesn't seem to be either of these. To be delayed so close to release date the most likely reasons are 1) Massive game killing bug found they have no idea how to fix yet or 2) Sony's QA people are not giving great feedback and they're not confident in the game.

Keep in mind that No Man's Sky is also produced by a relatively small studio. Something that wouldn't impact a AAA studio to fix might take them longer and require them to bump it back.

Deleted
    Reason for the delay, was that there are 42 people out there that are interested, but have still not pre-ordered the game, because they want to see game play before they purchase.

So NMS folks decided let`s make them sweat it for a little longer ;p

- - - Updated - - -

New release date...?

Quote Originally Posted by Progressive Boy View Post
    How much will the game cost? After watching that video I'm seriously contemplating on whether I should buy it or not. This could be something to nolife for weeks on end and always have some sense of progression.
    Its a $60 title.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

New release date is June 24th, so it only gets delayed for 3 (or 2, depending on your location) days. The new date seems logicial, after all it will be Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    New release date is June 24th, so it only gets delayed for 3 (or 2, depending on your location) days. The new date seems logicial, after all it will be Friday.
    Don't see this announced anywhere and I'm pretty sure you're just confusing the old UK date with being a new date. The rumors if true have the game pushed back to August.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Don't see this announced anywhere and I'm pretty sure you're just confusing the old UK date with being a new date. The rumors if true have the game pushed back to August.
    Source of my information: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4lb4nz/new_release_date_information/

So the source of your information is EB Games posters printed months ago in a region where the release date already was June 24th?

Already been debunked in both the reddit post you just linked as well as the neogaf thread.

As I said...

So the source of your information is EB Games posters printed months ago in a region where the release date already was June 24th?

Already been debunked in both the reddit post you just linked as well as the neogaf thread.

As I said...
    You will see the official announcement But for that we have to wait until at least Monday

10+ Year Old Account

As I said...
    Canada has a June 21st release date currently. So, not debunked. Worldwide release with some possible information is more believable and logical than a Kotaku article without sources.

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/about/
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    Canada has a June 21st release date currently. So, not debunked. Worldwide release with some possible information is more believable and logical than a Kotaku article without sources.

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/about/
    Canada never had an official release date. The posters in question where confirmed printed weeks ago long before any rumors came out or stores where instructed to cover up the 21st release date.

Sorry that your lame reddit source got debunked but it did.

As it is right now it's all a rumor. Don't believe anything until there is an official statement. Kotaku could be full of shit but your reddit source is 100% full of shit as already proven.

A several day delay doesn't make a lot of sense, but what do I know. I'd rather have a friday release anyway though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canada never had an official release date. The posters in question where confirmed printed weeks ago long before any rumors came out or stores where instructed to cover up the 21st release date.
    The entirety of NA was set for June 21st, that includes Canada as well. Source for your second claim? Other than "it takes time to print posters" or some random guy on Neogaf saying pretty much the same thing.

Also, lol "my reddit source," trying to make this into a us vs. them type thing?

Edit: But really, I agree---don't actually believe anything till official announcement. Nothing is solid enough to even bet on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    A several day delay doesn't make a lot of sense, but what do I know. I'd rather have a friday release anyway though.
    Worldwide release, maybe influence from Overwatch's success? idk
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions