Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    To be fair the black guy was put in a white washing machine.
    That looks gray.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol it's china what are middle class nu-males and tumblr feminists that pretends to be oppressed on the behalf of black people going to do? riot in america? that'll teach china!
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Not trying to be argumentative here and I will say both are very weird commercials lol, but I feel like the word "racism" may be used out of confusion here.... I dunno, I just don't see any form of oppression here as the commercials are clearly done as jokes and I think that the weirdness of what transpires in them was done with the intent of sticking out in people's minds. I could be wrong here though lol. Not sure what word I would use for these commercials other than weird.
    Racism doesn't have to be oppression. For example if I just say the word "nigger" on this forum, or in the street, I'm not oppressing anyone. It's insulting and hateful, though.

Both of them really are implying (very strongly if not explicitly) some kind of racial superiority. The creepy black guy gets cleaned up into desirable asian guy, and the scrawny unkempt weirdo Italian gets cleaned up into a smooth, muscular desirable black guy. If that weren't enough they literally say "colored is better", lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It's suggesting that he's dirty and black, which makes him undesirable, but once we clean him up, he's not black anymore which makes him desirable. It's implying that being black is dirty and bad. You don't see that?
    I didn't get this at all. I got he was dirty, and that the laundry detergent was so good it washed his black off. I never got the " black is bad". Seems you are making up shit to be offended by on behalf of a race. Also, if the black guy was willing to be in the ad, he clearly didn't have any qualms about it. So how can you say that it's racist against blacks if a black guy was a willing participant.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    They seem to have issues with black people, and Wookies.
    What's the difference?

And before anyone gets all butthurt, I'm just kidding. Obviously Wookies have more hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Daren View Post
    What's the difference?

And before anyone gets all butthurt, I'm just kidding. Obviously Wookies have more hair.

Oh man, Endus is going to be like a kid in a candystore as soon he wakes up and his SJW senses starts tingling.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Oh man, Endus is going to be like a kid in a candystore as soon he wakes up and his SJW senses starts tingling.
    TBH he probably will infract me, just because he's so autistic that he can't tell when things are a joke or not.

Deleted
    TBH he probably will infract me, just because he's so autistic that he can't tell when things are a joke or not.
    tbh he will probably ban you for calling him autistic

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    tbh he will probably ban you for calling him autistic
    Probably. He's literally the worst, most power-abusive mod on this website. But I guess I should probably contribute something on topic to this thread, so here goes. I don't see how this ad, or the original Italian one are racist. I think people who see racism in it are reading way too much into it. Or maybe I'm just naive.

Are people really going to care what happens in another country and what they put on their telelvision for an advertisement?

Seriously a first world issue. I believe the SJWs have bigger fish to fry.

That being said I got a good chuckle out it but its not going to adversely affect me in any way.

Probably. He's literally the worst, most power-abusive mod on this website. But I guess I should probably contribute something on topic to this thread, so here goes. I don't see how this ad, or the original Italian one are racist. I think people who see racism in it are reading way too much into it. Or maybe I'm just naive.
    I always figured he would be the one with the most infractions overturned upon supermod review.

10+ Year Old Account
    Race threads arent allowed, and thats exactly what a racist ad is going to spawn. In addition, concerns about moderation is to be brought to a global, not openly discussed here

closing