Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Left out nations

Overwatch Heroes nationality http://i.imgur.com/W3iqVav.jpg

Why is East and South Europe always left out in video games... so sick of it to be seen as second class citizens. I understand why is Africa and Antarctica left out, because it doesn't have many players.. but this part of Europe has millions of gamers and nobody notices us.
    And those nationalities in Overwatch are very unoriginal too. Same as every other game. Boring.

And no, it doesn't have to be every single country. Just something less predictable. Give us Italian throwing pizzas in your face, Greek philosophising you to death or Bosnian feeding you with "cevapi" until you explode. Why we need 3 Americans and Japanese. Isn't one enough?
    Last edited by mmoc09d949bcd0; 2016-05-27 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    Overwatch Heroes nationality http://i.imgur.com/W3iqVav.jpg

Why is East and South Europe always left out in video games... so sick of it to be seen as second class citizens. I understand why is Africa and Antarctica left out, because it doesn't have many players.. but this part of Europe has millions of gamers and nobody notices us.
    And those nationalities in Overwatch are very unoriginal too. Same as every other game. Boring.

And no, it doesn't have to be every single country. Just something less predictable. Give us Italian throwing pizzas in your face, Greek philosophising you to death or Bosnian feeding you with "cevapi" until you explode. Why we need 3 Americans and Japanese. Isn't one enough?
    You forgot to add The Moon.
    Also, I believe only 1 is from the US, Soldier 76.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    You forgot to add The Moon.
    Also, I believe only 1 is from the US, Soldier 76.
    http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Heroes

McCree, Soldier: 76, Reaper. 3 Americans

http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Heroes

McCree, Soldier: 76, Reaper. 3 Americans
    Yep, just found that page :P

Going by map:character, there should be a Greek character coming up. There's a map (or series of maps) set in Greece, but no toon yet
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    Yep, just found that page :P

Going by map:character, there should be a Greek character coming up. There's a map (or series of maps) set in Greece, but no toon yet
    Even maps, imagine map located in "Macedonia" or "Albania" I mean wth, that would be on their national news I'm sure lol.
    Even for my country, if something like this happens, it would be all around the news. It happened before with movies where they just showed our flag for 3 seconds and it was reported in TV news as a big deal. I'm sure mainstream countries don't experience things like that xD

Why is Denmark always left out in video games... soo sick of it--

Boy, it's hard to keep up the whining. Get over it, it's a video game. This has nothing to do with your national pride, it's a game.

Why do you feel like there needs to be heroes from more countries? Personally I could get a damn how many came from mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Why is Denmark always left out in video games... soo sick of it--

Boy, it's hard to keep up the whining. Get over it, it's a video game. This has nothing to do with your national pride, it's a game.
    You have Torbjörn, quite close to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are the Dutch not represented? Imagine Junkrat being from that, sporting this giant cheese-wheel bomb thing...
    Yeah, let's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that Lucario with his hockey skin is an acceptable diplomat for my nation.

Yeah Overwatch is pretty racist...the only black guy looks like a monkey!

15+ Year Old Account
    going by that map... hmmm Iran, south africa, nigeria,argentina, canada and....greenland. :P 4 more heroes from those countries will evenly scatter the hero roster.

but meh, who knows...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Why do you feel like there needs to be heroes from more countries? Personally I could get a damn how many came from mine.
    Just don't want them to be generic. It's like those aliens invading earth movies when they hover above New York City and London every time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just don't want them to be generic. It's like those aliens invading earth movies when they hover above New York City and London every time.
    *aliens blast liberty statue*

-"Help! aliens are destroying the world!"

*meanwhile in the rest of the word, people are chillin and watching NY getting rekt by alien UFOs.*

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there no scottish character???

Deleted
    A Greek character would be sick! And judging by the existence of a Greek map I d say there is a good chance we ll see one at some point!
    Please oh please give him nice and coherent Greek quotes!! All my friends from other nationalities have told me that their respective country's hero speaks the language very fluently and with an appropriate accent (widow, mei, zarya) and since the only other language I can speak apart from Greek and English is German I can confirm that Mercy also speaks in a very coherent manner.
    Greek hero in Overwatch please
    Philosopher support, Spartan shield tank, artemis like looking character with a bow! So many different ideas they could pull from! All of course steam-punkized to fit the setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    A Greek character would be sick! And judging by the existence of a Greek map I d say there is a good chance we ll see one at some point!
    Please oh please give him nice and coherent Greek quotes!! All my friends from other nationalities have told me that their respective country's hero speaks the language very fluently and with an appropriate accent (widow, mei, zarya) and since the only other language I can speak apart from Greek and English is German I can confirm that Mercy also speaks in a very coherent manner.
    Greek hero in Overwatch please
    Philosopher support, Spartan shield tank, artemis like looking character with a bow! So many different ideas they could pull from! All of course steam-punkized to fit the setting.
    So Mercy IS German? I thought my language settings were broken...

I don't think complaining about this comes at the right time. When they've patched in stream of US Americans, sure you can complain. But at present the lineup is remarkably diverse imo.

You also don't make any particularly concrete suggestions. All Overwatch heroes have a very clear silhouette and identity that fits their background. What might a Polish or Romanian hero look like and do?

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah Overwatch is pretty racist...the only black guy looks like a monkey!
    So Mercy IS German? I thought my language settings were broken...
    Reaper doesn't look one bit like a monkey, more like the...yeah Reaper (- scythe + shotguns) himself.

And mercy is swiss, as given away by her job as medic.

Reinhardt on the other hand is german, and with very funny accent too. XD

Give us Italian throwing pizzas in your face, Greek philosophising you to death or Bosnian feeding you with "cevapi" until you explode.
    First I thought this was the lamest and shittiest thread of the day, but now I realize that this is the best idea ever.

Deleted
    You have Torbjörn, quite close to you.
    Torbjörn is not really Swedish though. There are basically no references in his voice lines/emotes or skinns. He isn't talking with a Swedish accent. To me it's more like blizz just wanted to check off a box, he could literally be from anywhere.

Also, any greek character should have meachanics involving some sort of life drain/soul leach ability and there should be some sort of unique voice line triggering each and every time reinhardt comes close to greek hero.
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2016-05-27 at 07:15 AM.