Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What's the link between WoW2 and Cataclysm?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    cata was fine only dragon soul sucked don't know why people think its the worse expan when it really wasn't bad.
    4.0 sucked more.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    cata was fine only dragon soul sucked don't know why people think its the worse expan when it really wasn't bad.
    TBH I preferred it to WoD

Wow 2 is this intangible idea that people use to say "I want how I felt before to come back and I have this hope that if they reset everything then maybe that will happen again naturally." If you grill people about what they'd actually want from "WoW 2" then you end up with something that is either 1) Already done or do-able through expansions. 2) Something that is extensively NOT WoW 3) Vanilla/TBC/Wrath servers.

Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    Get your silly SQL syntax out of here! != is the only legit syntax! #ProgrammerPeeve
    <> is valid in some programing languages....
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    4.0 sucked more.
    other then removing some flavor things like say quiver cata was pretty great bring the whole world other then wrath and bc to modern time most people didn't care but as some one who loves leveling it was pretty great.

WoW2 is an idea of a brand new MMORPG based on the Warcraft Lore, which uses modern Technology, gameplay etc.

People don't expect just an updated WoW, this is what xpacs are for (like cata)

btw. Cata didn't change the game that much how some People here think it did. The biggest Feature of this xpac was that they applied their wotlk-lvling model to the vanilla zones, but otherwise it wasn't really different than Wotlk (well the only new Thing was LFR, but they added this at the end of the xpac and it was worthless for the People who have been already raiding)

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Or do you not remember Cataclysm?

Sorry, I know, semi-OT, but I keep seeing "WoW 2" cropping up in certain areas and I can't imagine another time on the planet that could cause the perfect storm that was WoW to happen again.
    WoW 2 =/= Cataclysm

This was pretty much the xpac where people started complaining big about lacking content.

Also most people whined about the harder dungeons compared to Wotlk, which made Blizz nerf these (they didn't nerf them too much imho), which again made the hardcore people whine for blizz making this game even more casual than wotlk.

I will never understand that hate towards Cataclysm xD

Sure, last patch was horrible (at least IMO) but come on... Heroic instances were nice (hard without the proper gear, as they should be), we got dungeon content patch (which I think should always be mandatory), raids were cool and kinda hard and ambience was ok I guess...

As for the topic, no. Cata wasn't even close to WoW 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Lets do it properly and replace with ≠

Math > any programming language
    Points to you! Also.. I just misread your username as "Bikini".

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    Get your silly SQL syntax out of here! != is the only legit syntax! #ProgrammerPeeve
    Well actually the mathematical symbol ≠ is also legit, moreso than <> or !=.

Actually if I had to pick between <> and != I would say <> is more legit as it's older and used in more languages (<> dates back to basic whereas != came in with Java IIRC).

7+ Year Old Account
    Math symbology aside...

Cataclysm did a wonderful job of showing this game as an evolving world, with impermanent content. The quests, items, etc. "lost" to the Cataclysm still irk people.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Or do you not remember Cataclysm?

Sorry, I know, semi-OT, but I keep seeing "WoW 2" cropping up in certain areas and I can't imagine another time on the planet that could cause the perfect storm that was WoW to happen again.
    No, not everyone did. I know this is a difficult concept to grasp, but your opinion actually isn't everyone's.

Also, lol@classic WoW being a 'perfect storm'.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata end game was fantastic until DS and all the nerfing into the ground. But rdesigning the zones was fucking awful. This was nowhere near a WoW2 though...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Cata end game was fantastic until DS and all the nerfing into the ground. But rdesigning the zones was fucking awful. This was nowhere near a WoW2 though...
    I agree on the DS part, firelands was amazing though, killing Ragnaros was freaking awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I must +1 this.
    It's NOT WoW2 if it doesn't involve a fresh start and a completely new game engine.
    A lot of people(including me) would not bother with wow2 if it involves a fresh start

No one wants to lose all their progression and characters and start over. This is probably why newer MMOs fail.

Such a misleading title. Thanks for nothing.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    <> is valid in some programing languages....
    Using <> daily at work <3

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually loved Cataclysm, to be fair. The actual content of the expansion was very good, aside from Dragon Soul, and classes were still sufficiently complex and unique to one-another. Also, the talent system got pruned down, but down to a point where it was still rewarding and very well-designed.

I just don't like the direction the game went following that expansion.