Deleted
    What talents do u use for boss fights ?
    Currenlty i using Demoinc Calling,Implosion,Hand of Doom,Synergy and Darkglare for max aoe and switching for boss fights on affli.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    One thing I'm noticing in groups is Demonology is absolutely crucified by movement, the windows for your casts to be effective are so small that if you have to move, bye bye to a major amount of damage.

And Blizz sure do love their movement even in dungeons it looks like, it's gone from the most mobile 'lock spec to the least.
    They've gone overboard on cast times, everything has a cast time, frickin soul harvest has a cast time.

It definitely feels like we are overly punished for movement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    They've gone overboard on cast times, everything has a cast time, frickin soul harvest has a cast time.

It definitely feels like we are overly punished for movement.
    well yes and no, if you have nothing out, then definately you'll get punished and get punished hard but if you have all your pets out then you'll sit at 60-70% of your optimal dps while moving(not including demonwrath) and that is quite a decent amount of dps while moving imo but i do agree that they seem to be going overboard with the cast times for demo but luckily they are all very short with the longest being 2 secs, so in theory you could potentially stop for 1ish sec, cast your spell and then move again.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2016-05-26 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well yes and no, if you have nothing out, then definately you'll get punished and get punished hard but if you have all your pets out then you'll sit at 60-70% of your optimal dps while moving(not including demonwrath) and that is quite a decent amount of dps while moving imo but i do agree that they seem to be going overboard with the cast times for demo but luckily they are all very short with the longest being 2 secs, so in theory you could potentially stop for 1ish sec, cast your spell and then move again.
    I'm finding I'm just standing in stupid a lot of the time because I need to cast Empower NOW or I need to cast Dreadstalkers NOW or Hand RIGHT NOW and I have just been targeted by some ground effect.

The punishment for movement isn't immediate, it kicks in about 10 seconds later when your current demon count drops off. This also means that if your consumption comes off CD then, you have to delay it a few more casts or take a drastically under-powered cast, which --since it is a significant part of your overall damage-- really hurts.

I am still suffering a lot on AOE trash packs. I tried Implosion, but it still feels quite weak compared to the cleave of the 3 other DHs in EVERY PARTY I ever join. I have resorted to just ST on whoever has the highest health during trash and hope the others live long enough for my HoG-applied dooms to tick. I get why they are making all the caster classes have more cast times, but it really feels like we need at least one good instant cast summon. Channeling demonwrath while moving feels so weak, and the SS generation for it is WAY too random. Sometimes I can full-channel it on 5+ targets and get nothing, and others I can channel it on a single boss during movement and overcap shards (rare). I've toyed around with darkglare, but the 50% uptime and loss of soul conduit really gimps green-fire imp broadsides that I have come to love.

I'd like it if they made felhunters instant cast, and/or made them cleave. Also, I'd like some AI improvements on the minions. if their target dies, they all just run back to me until I get another cast off, which can represent a significant portion of their duration, especially if I have to move. I'd like it if they would at least immediately start attacking a nearby enemy with doom on it, or something that I have also attacked during their duration.
    Last edited by 0ldsk00l; 2016-05-26 at 10:52 PM.

Soul Harvest doesn't seem to affect pets =(. Which means on a purely single target fight you'll get at most a 12 sec 20% dmg buff to yourself to throw out 5 or so Demonbolts. Seems meh compared to how Aff would handle with it.

Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    Soul Harvest doesn't seem to affect pets =(. Which means on a purely single target fight you'll get at most a 12 sec 20% dmg buff to yourself to throw out 5 or so Demonbolts. Seems meh compared to how Aff would handle with it.
    Yep it seems pretty garbage now.

I was hoping they'd just remove the cast time and leave it as is, it has a place, it was nice to be able to get 5 shards when you wanted.

And come on, give us instant consumption, rifts are instant now.

this build broke implosion it seems, imps aren't being killed by it. And Thal'kiel's Consumption seems to have an animation now.
    Last edited by Maleific; 2016-05-27 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    this build broke implosion it seems, imps aren't being killed by it. And Thal'kiel's Consumption seems to have an animation now.
    I believe Implosion has actually been broke for the last few builds.

was working fine in the last couple. (consuming imps that is)

Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    Soul Harvest doesn't seem to affect pets =(.
    New blue post clarifying that it's intended to effect all pets and minions, and will in a future build.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    New blue post clarifying that it's intended to effect all pets and minions, and will in a future build.
    Yup, my post on the forums is literally one spot above it lol.

Deleted
    Hm, at least from a PVP perspective Soul Harvest is still the go-to talent for that tier. Really wish taking perma-doomguard wouldn't strip us of the dps CD though, for Affliction especially this would be good

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    was working fine in the last couple. (consuming imps that is)
    Is it everywhere or? I remember during the alpha there was a point where the imps didn't die if you were in the class hall but it worked fine everywhere else.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Is it everywhere or? I remember during the alpha there was a point where the imps didn't die if you were in the class hall but it worked fine everywhere else.
    I was testing it in class hall a few days ago, spammable in class hall.

Killed the imps out in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    Yep it seems pretty garbage now.

I was hoping they'd just remove the cast time and leave it as is, it has a place, it was nice to be able to get 5 shards when you wanted.

And come on, give us instant consumption, rifts are instant now.
    i do find it funny tho, ppl have been whining and bitching about wanting dark souls back, now they have, albeit a weaker version of it but its there. my biggest annoyance is that it is in the same tier as hand of doom and that it only lasts for 10 secs, having hand of doom along with soul harvest would have been the only thing that would be able to justify SH's short duration imo but since they are both in the same tier i feel that its duration should be atleast 15 secs.

Deleted
    Are the summons controllable with pet commands?

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    i do find it funny tho, ppl have been whining and bitching about wanting dark souls back, now they have, albeit a weaker version of it but its there. my biggest annoyance is that it is in the same tier as hand of doom and that it only lasts for 10 secs, having hand of doom along with soul harvest would have been the only thing that would be able to justify SH's short duration imo but since they are both in the same tier i feel that its duration should be atleast 15 secs.
    You have to realize that post was made before they said pets would be affected. If our pets weren't affected - it would be a garbage CD for Demo and people should complain. It's called feedback for a reason =).

Anyone have a video for the new Thal'Kiel's animation?