Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    They are when you're a software engineer and know the difference between versions, which is the point of having software engineers in the first place. To translate what someone wants into something a computer can read.
    They are not.
    Source code comes before classic game code
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I feel that the vanilla devs did care alot more about the game that todays devs do... All they do is talk but only do like 20% of what they said, Is it dev time too few devs or to little time, its all bad excuses. I bet just vanilla BRD took more time to make than all the instances in wod.

7+ Year Old Account
    personally i would like to see a wrath server. that was the most fun ive ever had playing wow. andi too have been here since vanila. was in a progressive guild on thunderlord many many years ago. vanilla was pretty fun but i think wrath had the best story.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

And so it begins.

Before; "They don't have the code anymore!"

Now; "It's not the same thing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    And so it begins.

Seeing as i looked up the definition of source code.
    Its not the same.
    You can have the source code and not have the classic game code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    And so it begins.

You assumed that the anti-legacy people wouldn't move the goalposts? It's kind of "their jam" at this point.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    They are not.
    Source code comes before classic game code
    You completely missed the point, though...

It doesn't have to be intentional lying. Example situation.

Community Guy: Could we put up a vanilla server if we wanted to?
    Dev: No. We do not have the code to do that.
    Community Guy: Oh, Ok. Thanks.

Community Guy to players: We no longer have the code for vanilla!

Dev: .... whatever

You completely missed the point, though...
    and your not getting classic servers

10+ Year Old Account
    The same mentality I mentioned in my original reply to you. Everyone having easy access to everything. Honestly to sum it up the games just too god damn easy now. No more hard reps to grind, no more socializing, no more having to walk places or wait for anything. Sit in your garrison until its time to raid or go out and do a few remedial daily quests. Classes are so homogenized you hardly need separate ones at all anymore. Need to go somewhere? Here, have a hearthstone on a 5 second cooldown and multiple portals to each part of every zone. Want a "legendary" item? Hit max level! Want to see the last boss in the expansion? The military commander of the Burning Legion himself, Archimonde? Press the "join queue" button after you spend less gold than you earn leveling at the auction house!

Not to brag but to make a point, my guild and I killed Kil'jaeden, Maly/KT/Sarth3D, Yogg/Algalon, Anub, and Arthas with decent world rankings, and with some of the best players in the world at the time. You want to know what is probably my most accomplished thing I personally felt? Farming High Admiral Shelly Jorrik for...I don't even remember how long, half a year or so? The only NPC in the game that gave Bloodsail rep into exalted at the time, he was intended to be killed once to push your rep bar into exalted. Or...if you were a nutcase like me and another guildie...you farm him for 5 rep each kill...with a 24 to 48 hour respawn timer...until you reach 999/1000 exalted with Bloodsail. It was the Insane achievement of the Insane achievement, and I did it. Didn't take any skill what so ever, just a very fucking long time. The sense of accomplishment something like that gives is gone from this game, and that's why I am too.
    Yeah I did that grind too, you should be on the very closed Bloodsail Buccaneers Exalted Club :P As a completionist I find that the game has grown so much that if you're a completionist there is no such things as things given too easy, since it's almost impossible (but possible) to get everything, and insanely hard to get enough gold to buy all tcg mount (but possible) and insanely hard to get gladiator+ (but again possible). Being a completionist just gives this feeling. However I find everything is too much gold centered forcing you eventually to become a successful AH gold maker. This is because there is too many timed reward like Feat of Strength.

I always thought the instant TP in the LFR was terrible design. Class homogenized I can hardly tell I mainly play solo. Seeing the final boss through LFR is ridiculous also, they certainly lose money by having this design, but I personally don't care, I play the game as I like to, the big world is still very much coherent and everything makes sense so I still get this WoW feeling. I just regret that they didn't add the old world. So pretty much it's mostly the same design issue that comes up (social problem, gold problem, LFR&LFD problem). I assume they already know about all that. We can only wait to see hat will happen with legacy and or live.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, the thing is you speak as if you work for Blizzard and as we go deeper into the rabbit hole you continue to deny the writing on the wall. The best part about it is nobody will take you to task for being wrong when those servers open. You're basically right until you're not and then you'll go away or nobody will remember your jackassery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    In the extremely technical sense they are.

They used an IP that was not theirs to use.

My neighbor has a classic car in his garage that he has not driven in 10 years. I am sure he will not mind if I take it for a drive without his permission.
    People still equate virtual goods to physical ones?

Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that you missed the point?

The average person doesn't know the difference between the types of code, but a software engineer does. That's why you would hire some to port your game over, because they know how to do it. The fact that there is a difference means jack shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Yeah I did that grind too, you should be on the very closed Bloodsail Buccaneers Exalted Club :P As a completionist I find that the game has grown so much that if you're a completionist there is no such things as things given too easy, since it's almost impossible (but possible) to get everything, and insanely hard to get enough gold to buy all tcg mount (but possible) and insanely hard to get gladiator+ (but again possible). Being a completionist just gives this feeling. However I find everything is too much gold centered forcing you eventually to become a successful AH gold maker. This is because there is too many timed reward like Feat of Strength.
    False content. Enough for someone who's a completionist as yourself, clearly, but everything you mentioned outside of Gladiator is merely "how much gold can you farm?" Which itself isn't a bad concept, there should be some things that are ridiculously expensive. Farming for your epic mount was a bitch in Vanilla, as was farming epic flying in BC. When it's limited to things of that nature, it's fine in my personal opinion. They even remedied the flying part by introducing rare mounts that went 30% faster than even basic epic flying did, but you had to earn them through raiding a difficult boss or dominating your battlegroup in arena. Not everyone got one...I didn't even have one until the Black and Plagued Proto Drakes came out because I'm not a fan of or good at PvP. That said, I wasn't lining up complaining that people who earned Gladiator or were lucky enough to see Ashes of Al'ar after earning a Kael kill shouldn't be the only ones with 310% mounts. I wanted one though, so what to do... Oh, I know, I'll get some friends together who want it also and we'll farm Kael and earn it like everyone else did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I always thought the instant TP in the LFR was terrible design. Class homogenized I can hardly tell I mainly play solo. Seeing the final boss through LFR is ridiculous also, they certainly lose money by having this design, but I personally don't care, I play the game as I like to, the big world is still very much coherent and everything makes sense so I still get this WoW feeling. I just regret that they didn't add the old world. So pretty much it's mostly the same design issue that comes up (social problem, gold problem, LFR&LFD problem). I assume they already know about all that. We can only wait to see hat will happen with legacy and or live.
    To be fair and agree with you, the Warlords leveling experience was great. The world was well done, I think (sans not patching in Farahlon...). The game is just shit. It is the same design issue that comes up, yea, but it's narrowed down. It's simply a philosophical change in how the game works to pander to people who don't want to have to earn the nice things and complain about having to walk everywhere until level 40 or that simply leveling to 60 or 70 "takes too long." These people missed the point of WHY it took so long.

I equate it to playing GTA games with cheat codes. Yea it's fun terrorizing the fake town and seeing if you can dodge 5 star police, but within an hour you're bored and turning the console off. Now, play that same game with no cheat codes...you'll have hours of entertainment.
    Last edited by Struggle; 2016-05-27 at 03:23 PM.

Either one likes it or not something will happen. Blizzard wouldn't open the door like this giving even a small windows of hope without delivering something.

Most likely 1 or 2 classic servers, something that won't be that hard for them to do tbh, marked for players in the same ways as PVP and Normal servers are.

And for sure ill play in that server, and you can be sure many others will also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Either one likes it or not something will happen. Blizzard wouldn't open the door like this giving even a small windows of hope without delivering something.

Most likely 1 or 2 classic servers, something that won't be that hard for them to do tbh, marked for players in the same ways as PVP and Normal servers are.

And for sure ill play in that server, and you can be sure many others will also.
    That would be the decent solution. We might have more, we might have less (IE Pristine). What we know - what Kern told us and what Blizzard left us to speculate - is that they take this situation really seriously. They meet with Nostalrius next month to know what custom technology they used along with MANGos to have such a high-quality server and see if this could fix the big issues they'd face with a project like this.

We'll basically know if it's feasible or not next month, but we know that if it's not possible, they're still looking for other solutions.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Is this one of those threads where people go and claim that everyone wants legacy servers and vanilla back even though the representatives working towards this goal are a minority even compared to the RPers on the RP realms EU and US side. I mean 300k signatures ain't gonna do shit with around 5 million people playing retail. And even if you get your precious vanilla server people will be bored of it within a year. I played on Nostralius and numerous other private servers dedicated to the vanilla days and the hype eventually died out. And the people claiming that they still enjoyed that were usually just saying it out of principle. Here's an idea; use those signatures to push Blizzard to implement things you want in the retail game instead of using them to push them into giving you a tear stained window to the past. Vanilla wasn't difficult. It was a timesink. Timesink does not equal difficulty. And if you claim otherwise you were probably just not terribly good at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoyan89 View Post
    Is this one of those threads where people go and claim that everyone wants legacy servers and vanilla back even though the representatives working towards this goal are a minority even compared to the RPers on the RP realms EU and US side. I mean 300k signatures ain't gonna do shit with around 5 million people playing retail. And even if you get your precious vanilla server people will be bored of it within a year. I played on Nostralius and numerous other private servers dedicated to the vanilla days and the hype eventually died out. And the people claiming that they still enjoyed that were usually just saying it out of principle. Here's an idea; use those signatures to push Blizzard to implement things you want in the retail game instead of using them to push them into giving you a tear stained window to the past. Vanilla wasn't difficult. It was a timesink. Timesink does not equal difficulty. And if you claim otherwise you were probably just not terribly good at the game.
    So let the ppl that arent terribly good at the game get bored in the timesink that is a legacy server. Why should this even bother you in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're likely around 4 million subs at the moment as it's the middle of a content drought and the expansion is still months away. So now taking Blizzard's own statement of more than half the subs are in Asia where they don't even pay like we do you've got around 2 million subs between Europe/Oz/NA. You've got give or take a million subs in North America. 300k people is 30% of your North American subscriber number. That's not something to laugh at.

Vanilla wasn't mechanically difficult BUT it required more dedication and effort. Some of us just prefer an actual MMO and not a lobby game. We miss when classes were actually different and when the world was large. Hell, just leveling to cap during Vanilla was more fun than playing the modern game at cap.

Because these are generally the same people throwing around their round-about views on how companies and game development functions and just adds to the general toxicity of the WoW community. Instead of working towards making the future better they want to take a step back. I cannot remember that ever working out in any subject regarding anything throughout the social history of mankind. I do not generally know how these things work either but it's very easy to recognize armchair experts. The legacy/vanilla crowd must be 95% whiny armchair experts considering the horrible attitudes they showcase towards intellectual property, Blizzard as a company and other players. The latter most of all. It's a very common affliction among these people to try and convince others how shit things are. This bothers me.

Because these are generally the same people throwing around their round-about views on how companies and game development functions and just adds to the general toxicity of the WoW community. Instead of working towards making the future better they want to take a step back. I cannot remember that ever working out in any subject regarding anything throughout the social history of mankind. I do not generally know how these things work either but it's very easy to recognize armchair experts. The legacy/vanilla crowd must be 95% whiny armchair experts considering the horrible attitudes they showcase towards intellectual property, Blizzard as a company and other players. The latter most of all. It's a very common affliction among these people to try and convince others how shit things are. This bothers me.
    Kind of the same with Retailers and saying classic is shit right and abusing pro legacy people? Pendulum swings both ways here not just one.