Page 33 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Is there a source for these numbers at all, or?
    it's chinas boxoffice figures, I don't track them but this article confirms:
    http://www.ibtimes.com/how-warcraft-...office-2374779
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    It just lacks 1h. In Hobbit we got 3 movies with 3h length and movie was terrible because of that. In Warcraft they made a movie that should be at least in 2 parts and 3h long... That is where the problem starts. They forgot to put important LORE in the game or maybe they just had to cut it out because of someone above. You could tell couple of times that scenes were not connected.

I liked the movie but it could be way way better. Sure hope they continue it in a series. Its just o much lore in Warcraft, to many characters to put them all in a 2h movie... And thats just in this part of the lore that they concentrated on.
    You can't do a 2 part movie on a new videogame franchise. Hobbit could afford it on the strength of the franchise, Warcraft cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    You can't do a 2 part movie on a new videogame franchise. Hobbit could afford it on the strength of the franchise, Warcraft cannot.
    They can with those china presales
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Alcotraz;40526440]You mean, if WoW Vanilla hadn't had an extensive months-long Beta program beforehand that proved it was actually worth investing time into after Launch?

How many Beta's have been deemed the NEXT BIG THING (WoW Killer) only to die in their first month.
    Battlepet Collector http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Monekop/
    Mount Collector http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collec...p?user=Monekop
    All round collector of aesthetically pleasing items and garden gnomes.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The real issue i see with the reviews is Non-Warcraft players will view Warcraft as Cartoony with the use of Odd names and Themes taken from all the various fantasy books done over time. Well, they are correct. That is why we play. We like the look of Warcraft and it's got it's campiness that appeals to the players.
    So, I would expect Warcraft players will get the inside jokes. And alot of things will just go over the heads of Non-players.

warcraft movie makes a ton of movie

mmo-c forum builds new hydroelectric dam on the "our salty tears" river

more at 11

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Why then Lotro was 3part? And it had no "franchise stregth" compared to Warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by subxaero View Post
    http://i.4cdn.org/tv/1464077571131.png Rummors say the film reiceves huge pre-sales pressure from Warcraft, they also beileved they should move eventually the release a week earlier than 3rd june. Personally Just wondering why reviewers who worshipped Marvel's movies before rushed out breaking the embargo to give Warcraft negative reviews
    Ok, so Warcraft has massive presale numbers in China. I'm confused as to what that's got to do with X-Men Apoc, though? As for moving the release date up I seriously doubt those rumours are true. Seriously, the last thing Fox would ever want to do is move Apocalypse closer to Civil War.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    They can with those china presales
    The China presales are just that - presales. They mean shit to Hollywood beyond getting them hyped up a little. To quote the article you linked;

"That doesn’t necessarily mean “Warcraft” will be a long-tail hit in China like “Furious 7” or “Zootopia.” After all, “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” also had strong China presales numbers but ended up being a major disappointment, dropping 80 percent in its second weekend amid reports of bored crowds playing on their phones."

Once the Box Office run is done, they can then decide whether or not further investments into the IP are worth it. Until then, unless it somehow clear $1 Billion in under 30 days or something completely mental like that, all major decisions remain in limbo, regardless of what presales indicate, or early Box Office numbers indicate, or whatever else indicates. Look at BvS - it opened gloriously, & then crashed after a week, only to crash some more after that, & even more after that.

Hollywood has never done a 2-Parter on a non-established IP, & they're probably never going to. Harry Potter - Book 7. Hunger Games - Book 3. Hobbit - Lord of the Rings, etc. etc. etc. Most importantly though, they're never going to do a 2-parter on a Video Game IP without first getting absolute confirmation of its Box Office worth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monekop View Post
    How many Beta's have been deemed the NEXT BIG THING (WoW Killer) only to die in their first month.
    Because WoW was called "The <insert> Killer" when it was in Beta? I don't get your argument at all. Vanilla built itself a solid reputation during Beta, with a ridiculous amount of Everquest/Lineage vets waiting to get into it. When it did finally launch, word of mouth between EQ/LA veterans was one of the primary sub boosters (not to mention Diablo 2 players). If it had a poor critical reception, would it have suffered? Slightly, sure, inevitably, but overall, word of mouth would have held it solid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    C'mon.. I love watching Game of Thrones, but this it's the most overrated show ever.
    Except for Breaking Bad perhaps.
    Ever since they rated Captain America: Civil War as a great movie I stopped caring about that website.
    I thought it sucked, I'd personally rate it only slightly higher than Black Knight (the worst movie I've ever seen at a cinema) and it made me lose my trust in Marvel.
    Can't tell if serious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Why then Lotro was 3part? And it had no "franchise stregth" compared to Warcraft.
    You mean aside from 60 years of book sales? You're comparing a Video Game Movie, which have, historically, failed time & time again at Hollywood, to literally one of the most successful books in history, which hadn't been adapted years earlier only because it was deemed "unfilmable" by anyone who tried to.
    Last edited by mmoc34c31092a9; 2016-05-27 at 06:47 PM.

so, any hope of having sequels are greatly diminished!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Is there a source for these numbers at all, or?
    Yes there is my friend
    , here is for CHina for example http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/to...ead/?page=1344

I presume the reason big films released at all different times around the globe is so we can get the actors out on press tours? Even so, what's the specific reason other regions release before the country that made the film? You'd think, if anything, it'd be opposite.

Ever since they rated Captain America: Civil War as a great movie I stopped caring about that website.
    I thought it sucked, I'd personally rate it only slightly higher than Black Knight (the worst movie I've ever seen at a cinema) and it made me lose my trust in Marvel.
    Agreed with you on Game of Thrones being overrated (I personally can't sit through a Lord of the Rings soap opera...) C'mon... Civil War? Different strokes for different folks I guess, that movie satisfied just about every critic on the market.

I figured Warcraft would tank among non-fans. There's just so much lore you need to cram into a 1 hour, 40 minute long movie for someone unfamiliar to the story to even begin to follow. Lord of the Rings told a story without having to read the source material, and I think Warcraft is failing where LOTR succeeded in that regard.

And yes I use LOTR a lot for my analogies and will continue to do so because it is the absolute standard of the fantasy genre in movies thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, Humbugged, actually watching a few episodes of Game of Thrones helps before calling it a LotR soap opera, considering everyone who actually knows a thing about the show would never even compare it to LotR. That's apples to oranges. But hey if you're cool judging it unfairly having not given it a chance who am I to stop you.

ragin quit players of warcraftgame will be the ones who will told that the movie suck, this movie will not have the recognition he desserve

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    Mad Max was shit, men are evil, feminists have to save womankind, guitar hero Max Truck riding Bullshit even a five year old would shake their heads at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    ragin quit players of warcraftgame will be the ones who will told that the movie suck, this movie will not have the recognition he desserve
    That's nonsense and you know it. The majority of the people who have reviewed the film already, are not WoW players and therefore have no pre-disposition towards the game. You really think these professional reviewers are rating the movie based on the video game's merits? Don't be daft. The opposite is happening; fans of the game are generally preferring it to those who have no prior warcraft experience.

Deleted
    I don't give a damn what some critics are saying. I will reserve my judgement until I've seen the movie for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    You know, Humbugged, actually watching a few episodes of Game of Thrones helps before calling it a LotR soap opera, considering everyone who actually knows a thing about the show would never even compare it to LotR. That's apples to oranges. But hey if you're cool judging it unfairly having not given it a chance who am I to stop you.
    I've watched it with my wife Will. I didn't like it, I watched up until the end of the 2nd season or 3rd season, I believe (the one that ends with Maisie William's character sailing off).

I just didn't get into it enough to be excited about the next seasons and never bothered enough to watch it again. It was boring to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I've watched it with my wife Will. I didn't like it, I watched up until the end of the 2nd season or 3rd season, I believe (the one that ends with Maisie William's character sailing off).

I just didn't get into it enough to be excited about the next seasons and never bothered enough to watch it again. It was boring to me.
    It being boring and you not liking it doesn't make it a LotR soap opera. GoT/ASoIaF has about as much in common with LotR as Star Trek has with Star Wars (read: nothing of actual importance). They're not even in the same genre of fantasy (GoT is low fantasy, LotR is high fantasy).
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-05-27 at 07:35 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Honestly, Rotten Tomatoes means nothing. I can't count on a hundred hands how many crappy movies has 95%+ there.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne