10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Proper Physics ... that shit is expensive. It's fine for games like Bloodborne when we know for sure how many characters are on screen at a time 99% of the time. Imagine Idlyshire with Physics everywhere ...
    Ehhh works fine enough in PSO2 even on PS4. Well, it lags still with like 50 people in a tiny area but ehh it works. I love Luka's skirt twirling around. Just ignore the extremely clusterfuck areas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I went on break for 3-4 months. Came back and the main thing I needed to get caught up on was the anima weapon. FINALLY yesterday (after holding off for a month) got my 18 crystals. I heard about the "GRIND" so I'm preping for that as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    FINALLY yesterday (after holding off for a month) got my 18 crystals.
    *chuckles*
    Hold on to your pants when you see step three.
    Suffice it to say: it isn't really bruteforce-able w/o going insane and hating the game.
    Take your time.
    There are other options if you need a weapon of similar item level quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    BRUTEFORCE
    Become bitter, bitterrrrrrrrrrr. >.>
    Don't actually it's a bad idea.

I think I'm just going to crystal farm on my MNK once I get that job to level 60. Unless the new anima step looks amazing, I prefer to just use punching gloves with the Emperor's New Hora. Probably get enough to get two weapons (maybe three). I definitely want to level up DRK (as it looks like the best tank to use on a PS4 controller since Overpower is hard enough for me to land on a mouse and keyboard) and get that anima weapon.

What confuses me about the trailer is seeing the Palace of the Dead so early. I thought that was coming in 3.35. Was that changed? (Not that I wouldn't love it.) I do hope they allow us to at least use glamours for our armor. I don't mind the glowy weapons as much, but I wouldn't want to wear job specific armor all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadewind View Post
    I think I'm just going to crystal farm on my MNK once I get that job to level 60. Unless the new anima step looks amazing, I prefer to just use punching gloves with the Emperor's New Hora. Probably get enough to get two weapons (maybe three). I definitely want to level up DRK (as it looks like the best tank to use on a PS4 controller since Overpower is hard enough for me to land on a mouse and keyboard) and get that anima weapon.

What confuses me about the trailer is seeing the Palace of the Dead so early. I thought that was coming in 3.35. Was that changed? (Not that I wouldn't love it.) I do hope they allow us to at least use glamours for our armor. I don't mind the glowy weapons as much, but I wouldn't want to wear job specific armor all the time.
    They do show stuff coming in later patches. They did with The Feast in the 3.2 trailer and The Gold Saucer in the 2.5 trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They do show stuff coming in later patches. They did with The Feast in the 3.2 trailer and The Gold Saucer in the 2.5 trailer.
    ....oh that's right. Well, I saw the 3.2 trailer a few times. Completely forgot about that XD

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    I mean... why does it matter? it looked fine.
    I really don't get why on every single post you make you try to find something about the game to hate.
    HAte?

Just pointing out that they are reusing the robe animations is hate?

OK.

Guess we should add each other to the ignore list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Ehhh works fine enough in PSO2 even on PS4. Well, it lags still with like 50 people in a tiny area but ehh it works. I love Luka's skirt twirling around. Just ignore the extremely clusterfuck areas.
    Haven't play PSO2 ... but if I had to guess, it's also pre-canned animation.

The only games I see simulate cloth physics are traditionally fighters like DoA. With the PS4 and Compute Units, more and more games are starting to do so too. Not sure just how scalable it is even with Compute Units though.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    HAte?

Just pointing out that they are reusing the robe animations is hate?

OK.

Guess we should add each other to the ignore list.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't play PSO2 ... but if I had to guess, it's also pre-canned animation.

The only games I see simulate cloth physics are traditionally fighters like DoA. With the PS4 and Compute Units, more and more games are starting to do so too. Not sure just how scalable it is even with Compute Units though.
    No, if that was the only thing you had posted I would have never said that but theres a clear history/pattern with your posts in the Megathread and 90% have been complaints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I would love for them to fix the feet/tail clipping issues on long robes/skirts.
    So complaining about the robe animations a little is warranted.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well I would love for them to fix the feet/tail clipping issues on long robes/skirts.
    So complaining about the robe animations a little is warranted.
    Fuck. I wasn't even complaining.

I'm just pointing out that it's likely they reused the robe animation - i.e. the cape is really a robe without the front and sides; the rest of the armor being designed to be "thin" enough at the back to not clip the cape.

Clever trick. But lets not get too excited - it's basically no different from what WoW does.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    I'm mostly excited about new beast tribe dailies. Finally cheap and easy way to level up crafters, lol

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I'm mostly excited about new beast tribe dailies. Finally cheap and easy way to level up crafters, lol
    So they are doing a repeat of the Ixal beast tribe quest for the Moogles?

So they are doing a repeat of the Ixal beast tribe quest for the Moogles?
    Yeah kinda a good idea each xpac to have 1 crafter related beast tribe in. I think Moogles however you can choose between crafting dailies and normal ones but need citation on that?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah kinda a good idea each xpac to have 1 crafter related beast tribe in. I think Moogles however you can choose between crafting dailies and normal ones but need citation on that?
    I suppose it's inevitable as the levels pile up.

The price we pay for vertical progression I suppose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since it was pay day today i bought myself a nice little toy (love the phoenix music that plays while riding it)

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    @SC: WoW has robe animation? None that I know of.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    @SC: WoW has robe animation? None that I know of.
    Cape. /10char

I don't fault MMO developers for reusing assets considering the nature of the genre. Though there is a limit I think when it comes to these things but as long as its (random arbitrary number) 50/50 in terms of new and old then its fine. I'd say FFXIV does it pretty well for the most part. It's one thing I really miss from WoW honestly. They try to make these unique dungeons but honestly I enjoyed the dungeons based around raids more and it also let them reuse those precious art assets they try to use as an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I don't fault MMO developers for reusing assets considering the nature of the genre. Though there is a limit I think when it comes to these things but as long as its (random arbitrary number) 50/50 in terms of new and old then its fine. I'd say FFXIV does it pretty well for the most part. It's one thing I really miss from WoW honestly. They try to make these unique dungeons but honestly I enjoyed the dungeons based around raids more and it also let them reuse those precious art assets they try to use as an excuse.
    Well, it also allows the raids to have more connections to the world. Or at least point out that there are other methods to taking down this villain that are smaller in scale but less likely to succeed. (Which is why I love the Icecrown dungeons and ICC.)

A lot of times, raids really are disconnected from the world and don't affect much beyond the area they exist in. This is probably why a lot more people like Binding Coil as we already know what would happen if Bahamut were allowed to come back. We don't know from experience what the goblins or Alexander would do. (That said...hopefully we'll see SOMETHING in 3.4 regarding that)