Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I remember killing a cat in a cage and a ton of centaur. The only thing missed is the raceway, the carrot on a stick, however is not.

Deleted
    No exp/h was always very low. Hated to get to feralas etc when I... don't even know what I did a century ago. But even has horde I never quested there

Wrong thread*
    Last edited by Guaricana; 2016-05-28 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Or Westfall, which you leave in the middle of a conflict that never gets resolved? To this day it still burns, under the attack of the Defias.
    That's the stupidest zone-ending in the game, 10 bandits and 15 drifters besieging a big Alliance outpost forever and ever, must be one of those fist-pump moments Blizz was talking about... :P

Cata ruined a lot more than it "fixed" (Remember Ashenvale! >_< ), admittedly quests flow better but the story is all weird now, it's a bit like looking at a comedy routine of "Current events", none of it makes any sense anymore when you see it years later...

To be honest I liked it back when you had to go explore if you couldn't find any new quests. Now the game just holds your hand and points you everywhere, but back then if you ran out of quests you had to go search. That's how I first ended up in Desolace.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I pretty much hated all 30-40 zones, especially Desolace, Arathi and - while being more of a 28-35 zone - also Thousand Needles. All of those were boring as hell. The only somewhat good zone was Stranglethorn, but you couldn't really quest there until you were at least 35+, else you could only do the Nesingwary quests and that was more or less it.

Granted if you avoided the main road, so you didn't get ganked by alliance on their way to feralas, (since the level difference was like 10 levels), it was a good option if you didn't want to take part in the gank-fest that was southern STV in classic. All my horde toons did all the quests there and Shimmering Flats, so TBH I became really bored with the area. Also it was a great spot for mining, and I spent countless hours mining tin -> Mithrill there.

Nope.

Old TN was nothing but a maze of harpies and centaurs huddled around rocks, rocks, and more rocks.

New TN is a gigantic pool with a joint Gobby/Gnome exploration barge.

A definite improvement, IMO.
    ~RAWR!

I actually don't mind it. I'd forgotten about the Shimmering Flats though. That place was easy xp.

I can't forgive Blizz for ruining Auberdine/Darkshore though. That place used to have a really great ambience but the cataclysm fucked it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Blizzard developers tried to apply single player game ideas to MMORPG, ruining content everyone fell in love with during WoW's prime time.
    Dramatic BS whine!

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    No. I pretty much hated all 30-40 zones, especially Desolace, Arathi and - while being more of a 28-35 zone - also Thousand Needles. All of those were boring as hell. The only somewhat good zone was Stranglethorn, but you couldn't really quest there until you were at least 35+, else you could only do the Nesingwary quests and that was more or less it.
    Old STV was the bane of my existence. Fucking Bloodscalp ears with their ridiculous droprate.

Old STV was the bane of my existence. Fucking Bloodscalp ears with their ridiculous droprate.
    Don't forget the aged gorilla sinew *shudder*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Dramatic BS whine!
    You know people might like different things ? Now I see how you got to 8k posts if all you do is post short messages like that.
    People are discussing different opinions/why they liked/disliked something and you call it whining.
    Dramatic would mean is to spam the forums that they demand stuff back because they want it and it was better in the past. I see nobody advocating that here.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Yeah. I miss. It had too few quests though - the whole leveling process there was pure mob grind. I also miss Feralas, cuz now it's optional and I usually prefer Barrens.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Every zone has a way better questing experience after Cataclysm, if you put off your pink nostalgia glasses of course. But people on these forums tend to do that rarely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quite a bit now that i think of it, but that's just because they just dumped water on it. Personally I wish they made some of the pillars collapse Instead and build a story around that.

Deleted
    *spoilers*spoilers*

Note: will be talking about spoilers.

I really miss the old thousand needles, especially now that they showed it in the warcraft movie.
    I want it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    You know people might like different things ? Now I see how you got to 8k posts if all you do is post short messages like that.
    People are discussing different opinions/why they liked/disliked something and you call it whining.
    Dramatic would mean is to spam the forums that they demand stuff back because they want it and it was better in the past. I see nobody advocating that here.
    Blah, I don't give a damn about people liking different things. Wohoo, the sky is blue, let's contemplate on that!

I called it dramatic whine because it was dramatic whine. It's not about "liking different things", it's about going into dramatic whine mode, trying to substantiate a plain personal preference with shitty judgements and theories like "bohoo, Blizzard caters to the wrong people, ruining it for the right people". Yeah get over yourself. Stuff is just different, don't make a moral lament out of it.

There you go, another short, pointed message just for you and another addition to my exorbitant post count. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by raveberry View Post
    Every zone has a way better questing experience after Cataclysm, if you put off your pink nostalgia glasses of course. But people on these forums tend to do that rarely.
    Some zones are blatantly unfinished, I don't call that "better".

Some zones are blatantly unfinished, I don't call that "better".
    But then again, several pre-Cata zones were severely "unfinished" too. Heck, some zones like Azshara, Arathi or Silithus hardly had any consistent questing route at all and you could tell that the maps were there, but they never got around to making actual content for them.