Unless there has been a blue post saying otherwise, not all the hidden artifact appearances may be in game yet. So keep in mind you may be hunting for something that isn't there.

You can kill kil'jaeden on the beta I did, when I first went in there the last 3 bosses where not there and an invisible wall behind Muru, but I hearthed out and went back in this time doing the kalecgos boss fight instead of skipping it then the rest of the instances worked fine. nothing was different and he didn't drop anything soo yea.

Also my work orders for artifact research are broken or the timer is buged because it has said 9 more days until completion for a few days now(started 2 work orders dunno if that messed it up)
    Last edited by Donovan4893; 2016-05-28 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    You can kill kil'jaeden on the beta I did, when I first went in there the last 3 bosses where not there and an invisible wall behind Muru, but I hearthed out and went back in this time doing the kalecgos boss fight instead of skipping it then the rest of the instances worked fine. nothing was different and he didn't drop anything soo yea.

Also my work orders for artifact research are broken or the timer is buged because it has said 9 more days until completion for a few days now(started 2 work orders dunno if that messed it up.
    The gate is up in this build, and cannot be passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    The gate is up in this build, and cannot be passed.
    oh I see I did it last build

Blur is actually pretty rad with the artifact traits which turn it into a much more offensive ability. In AoE situations getting an extra couple Fel Rushes off is pretty good damage. And, when you're out soloing quests and what not the bonus fury from dodging all those attacks is pretty noticeable.

As far as raiding goes the 35% DR is nothing to scoff at and will get you through any mechanic thrown at you and the 1 min CD means it will be up for most major mechanics. Anything else we can just heal through with Demonic Soul Rending. And if we ever need to immune cheese a mechanic can do that as well.

All in all once you get past low level DHs I find them to be incredibly self sufficient and in no way lacking. In pvp it's harder since you can be CCed through your meta and that's where our survivability comes from so if we get locked down we can't recover. But on the pve side they have nothing to complain about. Can pull giant packs of mobs with zero fucks given (til the random lag spike happens).

So, changing the subject a little, since they implemented that horrible talent change system (that i always forget, i am even locked to pick a new one after getting a new row because of it), which talents would be good to pick and wouldn't impact a lot in your dps? Since the top spec is momentum, i was thinking about Chaos Cleave over Fel Mastery for leveling (we usually fight 2 to 3 monsters and in dungeon would be a lot of help instead of Fel mastery since this one helps more on single target situations) and the rest would be the same momentum build. Is that wise?

I like Blind Fury personally; it just lines up super well with momentum so there's no lost momentum time

I'm also a big fan of blind fury. Chaos cleave is nice even when questing and killing a few mobs at a time but the overall aoe of blind fury combined with the ability to generate fury while you're eye beaming through preparation gives you full annihilation spam usually when you go into demonic for the following 5 seconds. Just like vanyali said it goes really well with momentum

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I like Blind Fury personally; it just lines up super well with momentum so there's no lost momentum time
    So you feel that with enough crit, prepared and felblade (Plus hopefully the legendary ring if its not too much to hope) we won't need the fury generation from Fel Mastery once we get into raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Athic View Post
    So you feel that with enough crit, prepared and felblade (Plus hopefully the legendary ring if its not too much to hope) we won't need the fury generation from Fel Mastery once we get into raiding?
    correct. I generally find myself in a good fury situation anyway (41% crit) without fel mastery, and either waste a few second seconds of momentum (and thus a few seconds of demonic) or refresh over the old momentum without blind fury anyway, terrain being even.

7+ Year Old Account
    /lurks about.

/slaps Una on the ass.

This waiting is horrendous. =/ I'm so bored as of late. Barely even have the desire to log in without Beta. haha.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrnlaffair View Post
    /lurks about.

/slaps Una on the ass.

This waiting is horrendous. =/ I'm so bored as of late. Barely even have the desire to log in without Beta. haha.
    Dude, I got them feels. Still lurking here and staying up to date on the infos throughout beta.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Athic View Post
    Yeah, with current build I'm running without Fel Mastery as well (Chaos Cleave, tho!) and it doesn't hurt that much. I mean, if you had the comparison to the old build it is of course noticable but not a big deal. The Fury generation was only a nice-to-have before already. I rather took it for insane AoE damage with FR crits than the Fury generation, actually.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that makes sense. I just didn't get a lot of practice in during alpha and then I got into beta as I was moving and only just got the ability to start testing again this week, so I've been playing catch up through the thread and there was a lot of conflicting opinions on it all. Overall though, the class feels good considering its been built from the ground up this xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been reading the Illidan novel, mostly because of the "child of light and shadow" quest or whatever it's called, and Varedis is on of the Demon Hunter instructors.

Totally unrelated fact from the book:
    In one of the training sequences 2 demon hunter trainees (i shall not name them for spoilers) spar within a circle with magic blunting their weapons (scythe for one and daggers for the other), but one of them kind of surrenders to the demon and essentially invokes Metamorphosis destroying the magic on the weapons and slices the other DH, who also goes into a rage but not meta and unleashes what he calls "fel thunderbolt" which kills the poor metamorphosis DH and then he "absorbs his souls" to fully heal all the wounds from the scythe.

The book up until the 40% mark doesn't say much about Varedis, we'll see about the rest.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Are our golden traits still bugged? Avoiding them while leveling my artifact just so they aren't wasted points.

Quote Originally Posted by Verraxia View Post
    Are our golden traits still bugged? Avoiding them while leveling my artifact just so they aren't wasted points.
    Can't speak for Anguish or Inner Demons but RotI is still bugged.

I don't really know how I should feel about the momentum talent. I like the idea of jumping in and out for an increase in damage but I feel like the short buff does not leave enough room to really do something with it. Maybe I am doing it just wrong or the ping to U.S. Server is just too bad with 200ms.

When I jump out with VR and then jump back in with for example Fel Blade I can do 1 more CS and then the buff is gone. Now what? Fel rushing out and in? For another increased CS? Or using Fel Rush to get away and using Eye Beam? Sometimes it feels like I am doing more harm rushing in and out and loosing uptime than gaining anything with the buff. I do really like Nemesis as you have a straight 15% damage increase.

Using VR into Eye Beam is also not that easy as you land out of EB range most of the time. In the time you start moving forwards the buff is nearly gone again. Works probably better against large bosses.

How are the others feeling about momentum?

Quote Originally Posted by cRawmode View Post
    Even with 180-200 MS, Prep, Momentum, Demonic does way more damage than any other setup for me.

For it to work properly, you need to work around your Felblade reset to make the most out of the Momentum buff.

With proper setup I can get 3-4 Annhilations in within the Momentum + Demonic Window due to the gcd being lowered, but again, you kinda need to have a proper setup and it happens maybe twice or thrice at my MS during a dungeon run.

My problem with the spec right now is that you cant change talents easily anymore, and questing with it doesnt feel very good. I rather have FErupt, First Blood, Da, and BLoodlet for this

Not liking it too much from a M+ point of view. Repositioning often will get you killed or you will wait for mechanics which lowers your Momentum uptime. VR + FB bugs out too often as well, really annoying.

I do really like Nemesis as you have a straight 15% damage increase.
    I wish they would lower the CD of Nemesis to 1 min and lower the duration to 30 sec. From a dungeon perspective this usually means one nemesis per pack together with beam. Otherwise you get a nemesis every 2 packs.