Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Also as far as why the problem is less pronounced as a whole for whites it's because they're usually in much better standing than every other race in this country from birth.
    Why do you keep insisting on erasing Asian people? Asian-Americans are wealthier, better educated, less criminal and in "better standing" than whites in the United States by pretty much every measure.

https://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/badcomm.htm

Also as far as why the problem is less pronounced as a whole for whites it's because they're usually in much better standing than every other race in this country from birth.
    Less crime because they're better off.
    Commit exact same crime rate in poverty.

Pick one.

That poster has been banned many many times for their racist comments. Like absolutely overtly racist comments. Are you one of those fools who think race is a perfect indicator of crime? If not I have no idea why you are jumping on their side.
    Race is obviously not even a good predictor of crime on an individual basis. There are much stronger correlates (young male is a better predictor than race, for example), but even those aren't great on an individual basis.

When looking at aggregated data though, the racial makeup of an area is an excellent predictor of the criminality of the area.

I don't know that posters history, was just addressing the single statement. Drawing the inference that black neighborhoods are riddled with crimes isn't a racist inference - it's just a statistical fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Why do you keep insisting on erasing Asian people? Asian-Americans are wealthier, better educated, less criminal and in "better standing" than whites in the United States by pretty much every measure.
    I had no idea Asians suddenly erased everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Race is obviously not even a good predictor of crime on an individual basis. There are much stronger correlates (young male is a better predictor than race, for example), but even those aren't great on an individual basis.

When looking at aggregated data though, the racial makeup of an area is an excellent predictor of the criminality of the area.

I don't know that posters history, was just addressing the single statement. Drawing the inference that black neighborhoods are riddled with crimes isn't a racist inference - it's just a statistical fact.
    Well I do know that posters history which includes saying that blacks commit crimes simply because they are black as if blacks are some extra aggressive alien race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post

Pick one.
    It's fucking both or is that too hard for you to understand?

Whites as a group are better off; however, poor white communities (especially urban) face the same issues as poor black or latino communities. I mean is that hard for you to understand?

I don't know what this reply is supposed to mean. You stated:
    This requires fastidiously insisting that Asian-Americans either don't exist or don't matter.

I don't know what this reply is supposed to mean. You stated:

This requires fastidiously insisting that Asian-Americans either don't exist or don't matter.
    Oh every other race except Asians.. that in no way changes my point you know.

Also it's about the history Asians are relatively new.

Immigrants blacks (African and Caribbean) do well too but I typically am not mentioning them either.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I do know that posters history which includes saying that blacks commit crimes simply because they are black as if blacks are some extra aggressive alien race.

- - - Updated - - -

It's fucking both or is that too hard for you to understand?

Whites as a group are better off; however, poor white communities (especially urban) face the same issues as poor black or latino communities. I mean is that hard for you to understand?
    If they're always better off, how can they suffer from the exact same problems as them?

I mean, fuck. You were the one claiming poor white people don't have to worry about cops harassing them and are viewed with more sympathy before. They can't be doing better and just as bad, friendo.

Oh every other race except Asians.. that in no way changes my point you know.

Also it's about the history Asians are relatively new.

Immigrants blacks (African and Caribbean) do well too but I typically am not mentioning them either.
    A non-trivial number of Asians have deep roots in the United States. At some point, you really need to stop saying ignorant shit about Asian-Americans.

Whether it's relevant to your point depends on exactly what your point is. If your claim is that black crime rates are the result of whites oppressing them, then yeah, it seems relevant to notice that there's a sizeable minority group that outperforms whites by a pretty significant margin. If that's not your point, then I'm not totally sure what your point is.

Chicago has been really bad for a long time, but since this war on police has started things have gotten even worse. Ppl r more likely to resist arrest and be more aggressive towards cops. And police r no longer aggressively and proactively policing the areas, and r less willingly to police because they are afraid of back lash. Basically things r less policed now causing crime to go up.

This forum is a cesspool and any attempt at a rational discussion quickly gets stamped out. Please don't try and frame this as a "liberal" vs "repub" thing as anyone that follows the news knows that democrats have done no more for minorities, especially blacks, then their republican counterparts. In addition, lets not forget it was the democrats that championed slavery, not the other way around.

There are so many factors that influence this, from education, social and cultural stigmas, income etc. You could literally go on and on. While I don't think that the color of ones skin makes the case for that person to be more predisposed to violence, as someone that grew up in Chicago, the south side was a scary place predominantly of the black persuasion. Again, I think this has way more to do with politics and social issues.

Perhaps if we didn't have government programs encouraging this behavior, encouraging pregnancy and welfare, we might see people more willing to work to get themselves out of the shit hole they find themselves in.

A non-trivial number of Asians have deep roots in the United States. At some point, you really need to stop saying ignorant shit about Asian-Americans.

Whether it's relevant to your point depends on exactly what your point is. If your claim is that black crime rates are the result of whites oppressing them, then yeah, it seems relevant to notice that there's a sizeable minority group that outperforms whites by a pretty significant margin. If that's not your point, then I'm not totally sure what your point is.
    Spectral would that point you made for me make any sense when I have just mentioned that immigrant blacks typically perform well? My point is how the group performed in the past is extremely important to predicting how they'll perform in the future.

Like others have said. You can't really have discussions like these because you'll be banned/infracted or at the very least labelled a racist. :-/

Spectral would that point you made for me make any sense when I have just mentioned that immigrant blacks typically perform well? My point is how the group performed in the past is extremely important to predicting how they'll perform in the future.
    Blacks is such a bastardized classification of immigrants. There's "blacks" all over the world. Jamaican immigrants are doing well? African immigrants are doing well? Australian native immigrants are doing well?

Don't you realize how wrong it is to say "brown people are doing well in the US"?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    No that award goes to Detroit, are you going to try to bullshit to me that it is a safe city with no abnormally high statistics of homicide involving african-americans?
    No. That reward goes to New York. http://blackdemographics.com/populat...ty-population/ percentage wise, Jackson Miss. gets the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post

Pick one.
    I don't get this. How exactly is poverty related to crime? I grew up poor, as in being on section 8 and mother got food stamps. I never once robbed someone/someplace. I never mugged someone. I never sold drugs. I never joined a gang. I never killed someone.

I'm not saying poverty isn't related to crime from a "hey man, we're out of food stamps this month lets go rob someone" but at the end of the day, isn't this not a simple matter of "right vs wrong", "legal vs illegal"?
    Last edited by alturic; 2016-05-28 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Like others have said. You can't really have discussions like these because you'll be banned/infracted or at the very least labelled a racist. :-/
    It would be more accurate to say the problem has existed for decades because American society is racist. That has become the big taboo.

It is impossible to believe this could be allowed to happen unchecked in a majority white area. There would be major policy initiaves at least, perhaps they wouldn't be effective, but people would try. Blacks and to a lesser extent other minorities seem to be viewed as something close to sub-human.

It's a sharply divided city economically.

Where I live is one of the wealthier neighborhoods in Chicago. Yet if I drive 5 mins west the neighborhood goes from beautiful almost ideal American neighborhood to dreadfully poor quite shockingly.

That's how it is throughout the city of Chicago; nice neighborhood, poor area, nice area, poor area, nice area, etc. It can be a few blocks from a super classy restaurant to a literal smoke shack selling two dollar hollas.

There are also not a lot of jobs for lower educated workers but the cost of living is quite high on the South and West side. Working class areas like Pilsen or Bridgeport have been struggling for a while.

Poverty, sharp segregation and limited opportunity for the under educated push many to gangs & drugs. Those just barely at the middle class threshold don't want to stick around the bad areas and so we get pockets of Chicago that are priced just out of the reach of many.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I don't get this. How exactly is poverty related to crime?
    By every known academic study of the issue.

You have personal responsibility for yourself regardless of your financial disadvantages. This does not mean that you won't get more crime in poor areas. There is no contradict there, it shouldn't be hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    It would be more accurate to say the problem has existed for decades because American society is racist. That has become the big taboo.

It is impossible to believe this could be allowed to happen unchecked in a majority white area. There would be major policy initiaves at least, perhaps they wouldn't be effective, but people would try. Blacks and to a lesser extent other minorities seem to be viewed as something close to sub-human.
    I can't comment on your reply because of the aformentioned infraction/ban likelyhood. :-/

I'll say this. I don't think it's racist, in the very least, when you see that (depending on where you live of course) the majority of pedo's are whites. The majority of violent crimes are blacks. The majority of drug dealers are black, which in itself I don't get because do you get fronted the drugs? Blacks are supposed to be poor, no? I'd say use of drugs, again, in my area, are mixed which also brings me back to blacks are supposed to be poor?

Another thing, why do blacks find it "acceptable" (can't think of a better word) to blast out that they love doing illegal activies? Is it once again, another matter of them simply not caring for being civil and/or obeying laws that everyone else does?

Now, after all that, I CLEARLY know that not all blacks are commiting violent crimes, dealing drugs, doing drugs because that's just god damn common-sense. I do however believe (numbers back me up actually) that they ARE much more common to be involved in all those activities versus another race.

Let's just go full-bore here too, why do blacks protest/riot/look weaves/burn property when a white cop kills a black person, which is a very very very very small fraction of the amount of blacks who kill other blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Blacks is such a bastardized classification of immigrants. There's "blacks" all over the world. Jamaican immigrants are doing well? African immigrants are doing well? Australian native immigrants are doing well?

Don't you realize how wrong it is to say "brown people are doing well in the US"?
    I said African and Caribbean twice.