Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 26 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All I can say is I'm not going to claim.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'll be gone for the next 12 hours at a strawberry festival!

For the dupti vs graeham: For dupti to go this hard and vocal against someone as high profile it would certainly be bold as scum. I dont buy the "oh its dupti focusing" because a) it wasn't done randomly like he used to do and b) i dont remember him going this hard when he was doing his random focusing shit. Now I'm still evaluating if i think he's right or not, but graehams responses, using cliche attack-backs, and odd behavior isn't helping his case. I can still make a compelling case for either result though.

Kuri: With content finally coming now I/we can evaluate it. I like that its not brief, only mentioning a few people which is what I was almost expecting -- its a better sign when both posts give feedback on lists of people. Conclusions i'm still digesting and saw things i both agree and disagree with. I'm not sure the arguement of "lynching kuri voids our only info as both D1 trains dead" because a) it provides context on votes [more scum on listo vs equally spread out] b) it may give context to catta train c) there will be 2 nights of TPR actions d) there's compelling trains today [though still small]. Regardless, will think more on this.

Jynx: I mentioned jynx in my last post before the train started. If i believe kuri is town i gotta look harder at jynx as stated. There's a bit of a fake feel to the posts that i would support pressure and possibly lynch of. Interested to how this progresses.

Robo: Well he missed his "back home from work" post. IRL may be getting in the way, but either way this is two days without content, and a shaky off-trains vote D1. And there's no uproar of lurker lynch like D1 trains makes it even more suspicious. For now i'm joining this until i get responses like kuri (while still considering kuri/others).

unvote
    vote: Robo

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm just saw post above -- 12 hours puts us at end day. Thats... not very helpful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Bullshit Celtic. I only tunneled hard for like 5 games until I realised I did it too often on a town.

Graeham self voted, you usually vote for people who do that, why don't you now? Has nothing to do with me.
    IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH YOU. I wouldn't follow you into candyland dupti and Im not going to follow your lead on a train. Short of you cop claiming with a guilty I'm not touching your trains with a ten foot pole

Quote Originally Posted by JynxieJ View Post
    All I can say is I'm not going to claim.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically you're offering no rebuttal, no defence and no claim?

Unvote
    Vote Jynxie

So you don't care about Graeham's selfvote since I voted on him, got it, useful as always.

Deleted
    So you don't care about Graeham's selfvote since I voted on him, got it, useful as always.
    This is what we call the Steve Jobs affect. The person in question twists reality to suit their vision.

I'm going to start calling you Steve

Anyway I'm going to be really busy this weekend, can't promise I'll be active throughout the day but I sincerely hope people reconsider their position on Graeham.

I also find it interesting how no one is townreading Graeham yet there is a lot of resistance to the train (most people ignoring graeham vs me and not taking a stance, and some people mention it briefly without really doing anything further). If someone is town reading Graeham, please tell and explain why because it is possible I have missed something.

His play has been extremely anti town. This is also the first game where a self vote has recieved no reactions (apart from mine obviously), which is a bit weird. He claims himself that he is an easy target, so overall the resistance to the train is what bothers me the most. I'm positive he is scum and can link multiple games where he plays exactly like this, some people seem to imply he does the same as town but thats not really the truth. He does pull of some of the same stuff (like he could self vote as town yes, but he would have to have a reason. The last time (and only time I can remember him doing it) was because he wanted to save the cop claim (Bombercloner?) who had pmed to him), certainly not the same situation as here. He is also doing his usual "sheep whatever I can" play which he does fairly often as scum (like Crackle's game with open setup), where he just kept seconding people's scumreads. (which he has done all game).

If town won't lynch him, then fine but I think that's a huge mistake and I think people should look at how the game is progressing. I don't think there is a single reason to town read Graeham at the moment, but it's possible I'm missing something so if someone has a strong town read on him, explain now.

cu l8rz guissssss, not entirely sure if I'll be back before deadline and actually I'm not even sure when it is.

Also suspicious of Allowyn and if Graeham flips scum I think Celtic looks fairly suspicious as well. Slight town read on Kurenai, Virothe, Arialla and Uggor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    This is what we call the Steve Jobs affect. The person in question twists reality to suit their vision.

I'm going to start calling you Steve
    Well you can call me whatever you like.

Why do you think going after Kurenai is a bad idea?
    Well at the time it seemed to be the only person anyone was interested in. Tunneling on one person for the whole town is a bad idea. OTher than that I am confident that Kurenai is in fact town. D1 was just contrived enough that I think to two big trains were scum driven. Do I have evidence to that effect? God I wish I did.

The current developing trains though are different to say the least. I have to agree with Dupti on where he's coming from but at the same time Jynx is sticking out like a sore thumb.

I know we are getting close to the deadline, so in the interest of pushing a train along

Unvote vote Graeham

I like both developping trains but I think I like this one more.

I'm sorry if people scum read me every game, scum read my posts it's how it always goes down. Want me to claim like Listo? Since I'm sure everyone is a tpr.

I'm Jynx, the Champion.

Abilities:
    Guard (night) (two-shot): Protect a player from death and Report who you protected them from.
    Survivor (passive): A mixture of battle-hardened resilience and a field plate that does XXX. ( saving this one)
    Retaliatory Strike (passive): If you have lost the benefit of Survivor, you kill the next person to hit you with a physical attack.

I also am a double voter for the next day if I lead the lynch on someone not aligned with town.

There ya go I'm going to take my nephews out.

- - - Updated - - -

My passive ability is called Leadership.

- - - Updated - - -

Unvote

Vote: Graeham

Sorry but self voting usually is a scum play and I've used it more than once.

Deleted
    I'm willing to see where this goes, I feel like Graeham has been spending more time stating how little others contributed but has largely dodged contributing a lot himself.

Vote Graeham

It seems likely that Jynx is indeed scum then given the sudden surge of votes on me despite Jynx stating that not only is he going to be away until the game day ends up also that he has no desire to claim. It's convenient that he manages to vote on me but can't be bothered claiming - but to me that sort of thing is a pretty solid Jynx scum tell.

As for me? I'm a Wizard - though my abilities differ to Listo's. Nobody needs to know what they are unless strictly necessary since they'll be rendered ineffective. So if you want to continue pushing on me go ahead - you'll just be screwing town over by eliminating a bunch of neat but not essential abilities. Even if I end up lynched I've done my part.

Edit: So Jynx claimed whilst I typed up a post and went to play Overwatch, eh? I should refresh before I post. At any rate I've said my piece. The whole idea that self voting is 'scum play' is silly since I've done it as both scum and town. People know this of course - but they'll feign ignorance because they're too stubborn or idiotic to back down or admit that they're poor at reading me.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2016-05-28 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JynxieJ View Post
    Well that just sounds made up.

Anyway seems Kurenai pressure has died down, I'm still suspicious of him but will switch to where I'll be more useful, which was going to be Graeham but I see he's just claimed. One person I'd like to look at is Uggor though, he's been unusually quiet, and he's always good at evading any kind of attention and just muddling along without people noticing but I really don't like the way he called people dumb for lynching uggor using hindsight to say he knew Listo was town when at the time he never said anything.

unvote
    vote: Uggor.

At any rate...

Unvote
    Vote: Kurenai

I think there's a lot to be said about the fact that despite being a person of interest two days in a row Kurenai has yet to claim whilst Listo, Jynx and myself have been pushed into doing so. Interestingly enough there's quite a few people who seem to be diverting attention away from Kurenai altogether - such as Virothe and Dupti - whilst others such as Dranxadin and Largehorn have simply been away for most of the game day only to conveniently show up to vote when there's not a whole lot of time left in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I think not. Especially when your own reasoning is very vague. It's rather baffling that such a competent player can claim to have 'no other leads' on D2.
    Hrmm who said anything about no other leads? Pretty sure before I voted I listed off Both Dendrek and Anakso as people I'm suspicious of and I've more than explained why I'm suspicious of Dendrek.

If you mean why I'm on your wagon? It's because you're nothing but a troll in this game and I don't feel like putting up with you. There isn't a real reason for a member of town to play like you have.

Am I saying you only play like this when you're scum? No. You always act like this and that's the issue, you act like you're a big hero and everything you do puts down in a better position and it doesn't because all it does is distract town from being able to actually focus and scum hunt. You're accusing Dupti of tunneling and you might be right about that, but your style of play doesn't often result with town being put at any advantage either.

I mean besides arguing with Dupti over nothing what have you contributed? You've all but refused to answer questions placed on you by others and when you do you give such a bare bones response you may as well not have responded at all. Having both of you continue how you currently are playing is going to get us and yourselves no where.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Hrmm who said anything about no other leads? Pretty sure before I voted I listed off Both Dendrek and Anakso as people I'm suspicious of and I've more than explained why I'm suspicious of Dendrek.

If you mean why I'm on your wagon? It's because you're nothing but a troll in this game and I don't feel like putting up with you. There isn't a real reason for a member of town to play like you have.

Am I saying you only play like this when you're scum? No. You always act like this and that's the issue, you act like you're a big hero and everything you do puts down in a better position and it doesn't because all it does is distract town from being able to actually focus and scum hunt. You're accusing Dupti of tunneling and you might be right about that, but your style of play doesn't often result with town being put at any advantage either.

I mean besides arguing with Dupti over nothing what have you contributed? You've all but refused to answer questions placed on you by others and when you do you give such a bare bones response you may as well not have responded at all. Having both of you continue how you currently are playing is going to get us and yourselves no where.
    Don't hold back now. What do you really think of me? It's interesting that you happily and consistently give other players a free pass for their theatrics but mysteriously only have an issue with mine this time around.

What do you make of my claim? Are you keeping my vote on me for now or moving it elsewhere? Come to think of it I'd like as many people as possible to answer those two questions - as applicable - because I may be too busy to keep track of this thread before the day is over.

So the sooner I know exactly where I stand the better, really.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2016-05-28 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Robo: Well he missed his "back home from work" post. IRL may be getting in the way, but either way this is two days without content, and a shaky off-trains vote D1. And there's no uproar of lurker lynch like D1 trains makes it even more suspicious. For now i'm joining this until i get responses like kuri (while still considering kuri/others).

unvote
    vote: Robo

- - - Updated - - -
    I admit that in general I've had lower motivation than normal these last few games. I tried going through day one to take down votes and read some stuff that was said and I got worn down by it really quickly. I only made it to about half way through the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway I'm going to be really busy this weekend, can't promise I'll be active throughout the day but I sincerely hope people reconsider their position on Graeham.

I also find it interesting how no one is townreading Graeham yet there is a lot of resistance to the train (most people ignoring graeham vs me and not taking a stance, and some people mention it briefly without really doing anything further). If someone is town reading Graeham, please tell and explain why because it is possible I have missed something.

His play has been extremely anti town. This is also the first game where a self vote has recieved no reactions (apart from mine obviously), which is a bit weird. He claims himself that he is an easy target, so overall the resistance to the train is what bothers me the most. I'm positive he is scum and can link multiple games where he plays exactly like this, some people seem to imply he does the same as town but thats not really the truth. He does pull of some of the same stuff (like he could self vote as town yes, but he would have to have a reason. The last time (and only time I can remember him doing it) was because he wanted to save the cop claim (Bombercloner?) who had pmed to him), certainly not the same situation as here. He is also doing his usual "sheep whatever I can" play which he does fairly often as scum (like Crackle's game with open setup), where he just kept seconding people's scumreads. (which he has done all game).

If town won't lynch him, then fine but I think that's a huge mistake and I think people should look at how the game is progressing. I don't think there is a single reason to town read Graeham at the moment, but it's possible I'm missing something so if someone has a strong town read on him, explain now.

cu l8rz guissssss, not entirely sure if I'll be back before deadline and actually I'm not even sure when it is.

Also suspicious of Allowyn and if Graeham flips scum I think Celtic looks fairly suspicious as well. Slight town read on Kurenai, Virothe, Arialla and Uggor.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you can call me whatever you like.
    In general, self voting, while incredibly unhelpful and an unsportsmanlike action, tends not to be a good indicator of people's alignment. Very often, if not more so than not, town are the ones that end up doing it. It doesn't negate the other points you've made, but just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Don't hold back now. What do you really think of me? It's interesting that you happily and consistently give other players a free pass for their theatrics but mysteriously only have an issue with mine this time around.

What do you make of my claim? Are you keeping my vote on me for now or moving it elsewhere? Come to think of it I'd like as many people as possible to answer those two questions - as applicable - because I may be too busy to keep track of this thread before the day is over.

So the sooner I know exactly where I stand the better, really.
    It doesn't matter what I think of you, what matters is your impact on the game which is either negative or negligible and neither of those puts town in a good place.

You mean your half-ass'd claim that follows suit with how half ass'd you've done everything this game? Well I aint switching my vote if it's going to come down between your claim and Jynx's if that answers your question.

10+ Year Old Account

This post here is what got my interest. For Robo it's quite vicious because he's always so levelheaded. It strikes me as a "Quit your bitchin' so we can lynch you" response. The second line is just to cover his ass.
    Seriously? That's what got you to vote against me? I suppose I could give context....I'm tired of hearing a hissy fit from damn near everybody who is on the block for early lynching. I suspect that won't help my case in your eyes, but I'm saying it regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of hissy fits....Jynxie is all like "I refuse to claim and I'll be gone until after deadline", only to come back a little later and claim after all. I'm not sure, but it sounds like she may have needed time to come up with a proper fake claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Today's hissy fits are thrown by Graeham and JynxieJ, the former with a self vote added to the mix, and the latter with a relatively quick rescinding of her claim of not going to claim, in a very sarcastic manner.

Honestly, I'm sticking with my thoughts on Jynxie having just used a little time to come up with a fake claim.

vote: JynxieJ

- - - Updated - - -

And with that, I'm off to work and won't be back until long after the deadline strikes. Goodbye everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Speaking of hissy fits....Jynxie is all like "I refuse to claim and I'll be gone until after deadline", only to come back a little later and claim after all. I'm not sure, but it sounds like she may have needed time to come up with a proper fake claim.
    It's possible I s'pose but it's no more likely than Graem not having an actual claim so he's trying to usurp "Wizard" from someone who's already dead and refuses to say what his skills are because he just hasn't come up with anything plausible as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    It's possible I s'pose but it's no more likely than Graem not having an actual claim so he's trying to usurp "Wizard" from someone who's already dead and refuses to say what his skills are because he just hasn't come up with anything plausible as of yet.
    Are you doubting the existence of multiple versions of the same base role in a game such as this? A bit silly, really - Listo was lynched but if we believe that Catta is telling the truth - which is likely - then someone else cast a polymorph spell on him. It wasn't me, incidentally. My ability set is different. Dendrek also apparently claimed to be a bard (as did Allowyn, unless I'm not recalling correctly) whilst Rixis flipped the very same thing - though with the title 'Bard of Lore'.

At any rate Jynx initially claimed that he wasn't going to claim but then did so anyway and despite being 'away' he's been refreshing the site periodically for the past hour according to his site profile. Curious, really.

Unvote
    Vote: Jynx
    Last edited by Graeham; 2016-05-28 at 05:59 PM.

I'm about to leave for the day, but I find is fucking hilarious that people don't want anyone to claim early but when they do its treated with detest, I love the double standard. This board is just a group of good ole boys club and the same players get free passes but others don't. I was lynched day 2 the last game I played then modded one of the most boring games because people fucking did nothing. So yea I just try and play a game to have fun, nope never happens because it's a lot easier to vote on someone active and posting than fucking lynch someone that does nothing for the fucking day until day 4 or 5. I can honestly see why Listo is done. Hell people get passes just for placing a vote with nothing said. Then others post thoughts and boom they get votes to and the only way to post you all from lynching is to claim. Fucking double standard is a great thing isn't it?

And as far as a fake claim, nope that's what I am. It's the same old game every time. Do whatever, you all want at least I am fucking active.