Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They live in what is pretty much the closest thing you can get to Utopia and they are such miserable bastards. Then again, with neighbours like theirs it is probably not that unsurprising.
    The US has represented within its borders, just about every environment on the globe. I've sadly come to realize that if the weather is pleasant and the view is pretty, the place will be inhabited by insufferable deuchbags. Case in point, the Pacific Northwest. Quite possibly one of the most beautiful spots on Earth. I just wish I could push 90% of the smug assholes that live there into the Puget Sound and start over. I'm resolved to find a place to retire that is really inhospitable with hopes that the harsh environment will keep the riff raff away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Sorry, I forgot some citizens still think brown people make communities go to shit.
    And I forgot that you're the type to jump straight to race. But for the sake of having said it, it's not the race that causes a community to go to shit, it's the poverty. It's a pretty basic and commonly-known concept.

I wonder if we'll be allowed to break into peoples homes soon and just camp out or threaten the homeowner with a fine. I'm tired of renting and kind of want to work fewer hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    You mean besides worked for a life time or had a ancestor who did?

Just because you seem to dislike rich people doesn't entitle you at act out vengeance against them.
    lol I don't dislike rich people. I'm just saying that you can't claim to have control over an area you don't own just because you are a local of the area. Land isn't something that should be able to be given to people on a nationalistic basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow it seems like they know... Good for them!
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    What an immensely illogical question... They paid for their fucking property, that's what they've done to live there.
    They don't own every piece of land as a collective in that area. Especially not when it was a 52 to 48 decision.

Deleted
    Sorry, I forgot some citizens still think brown people make communities go to shit.

Just look at the densely populated area! There is absolutely no room at all.

It will lower the percentage of Nazi's, that's a good thing I guess.
    Actually... the increase of immigrants has swelled nazi numbers.

It has the opposite effect hence the every second day a camp burns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    And I forgot that you're the type to jump straight to race. But for the sake of having said it, it's not the race that causes a community to go to shit, it's the poverty. It's a pretty basic and commonly-known concept.
    There are 300 millionaires in that village, and you are saying 10 poor refugees would make it go to shit? Yeah...

The real problem is not the poverty. The real problem is the mentality. Even so, 10 people with Syrian mentality won't change anything significantly, in a village of 2000+ people. I imagine what they were worried about is that accepting them would create a precedent, and more refugees would be sent there in the future, at some point making it a visible problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    lol I don't dislike rich people. I'm just saying that you can't claim to have control over an area you don't own just because you are a local of the area. Land isn't something that should be able to be given to people on a nationalistic basis.
    Why?

Honestly why would you believe it a good idea to hand land to foreign powers in your country?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    How much would those refugees cost to house, feed, educate and get into the workforce?
    Way more than $290k. Plus this way my house stays clean and doesn't get suicide bombed.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    There are 300 millionaires in that village, and you are saying 10 poor refugees would make it go to shit? Yeah...
    I'm pretty sure poor refugees aren't going to be able to maintain the same quality of neighborhood, etc., as the natives so yeah, relatively speaking, it'll "go to shit". That's how it works in the real world.

I'm all for immigration but I'm also for the rights of people as a whole to vote as a community on a decision such as this. They did nothing wrong. You can't scream intolerance and hate when it was up to a democratic vote. The majority should always have the final say in things, even if it was 52-48.
    Bleh

10+ Year Old Account

The real problem is not the poverty. The real problem is the mentality. Even so, 10 people with Syrian mentality won't change anything significantly, in a village of 2000+ people. I imagine what they were worried about is that accepting them would create a precedent, and more refugees would be sent there in the future, at some point making it a visible problem.
    One of the arguments used was schooling, as any children would require special attention and obviously that is hard to do in a small community as it restricts the time spent on other pupils.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Why?

Honestly why would you believe it a good idea to hand land to foreign powers in your country?
    "foreign powers"

They are just people. People should be able to live where they want, unhindered as long as they have a place to live and aren't causing harm to anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I'm pretty sure poor refugees aren't going to be able to maintain the same quality of neighborhood as the natives, so yeah, relatively speaking, it'll go to shit. That's how it works in the real world.
    Suppose these 10 refugees will take 3 houses. Maaaaaybe these 3 houses will "go to shit". The community overall - no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    One of the arguments used was schooling, as any children would require special attention and obviously that is hard to do in a small community as it restricts the time spent on other pupils.
    Hmm, I suppose it makes sense. I would also imagine that in a village that small, people know each other quite well, and they aren't very comfortable just taking in someone random from the outside, with a culture strongly differing from theirs.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

7+ Year Old Account
    You honestly want religious zealots living in your neighborhood? I mean, they already exist, but given the option to prevent more, why not?

Land isn't something that should be able to be given to people on a nationalistic basis.
    Actually, I think that should be the only basis for giving land, short of military conquest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    You honestly want religious zealots living in your neighborhood? I mean, they already exist, but given the option to prevent more, why not?
    To be fair, people strongly overestimate the percentage of religious zealots on the Middle East. Especially in Syria, which is much less religious than the neighboring countries.

"foreign powers"

They are just people. People should be able to live where they want, unhindered as long as they have a place to live and aren't causing harm to anyone.
    Let's be real, there's no way they could legitimately be able to afford living in an area with that many millionaires. If anything it's doing them a favor.
    Bleh

15+ Year Old Account
    Suppose these 10 refugees will take 3 houses. Maaaaaybe these 3 houses will "go to shit". The community overall - no.
    Unless they start to multiply like rabbits by popping out babies on a yearly basis.