Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    @ 16.3 million dollars, barely in theaters, well before the big markets (10% of budget attained)

https://deadline.com/2016/05/warcraf...ce-1201763736/

http://movieweb.com/warcraft-movie-b...ening-weekend/

"The movie took in $9.3M on Thursday, invading a total of 20 markets. The movie is currently #1 at the foreign box office in 19 of those, defying expectations all around. According to Deadline, the movie is looking at a weekend cume of $30M."

- - - Updated - - -

And that was a story of Alien Pocahontas -_-...

To be fair, it went longer, and had more focus/length to tell story.
    If this trend is continued and with the China and US markets still to open ... we will see > 400 million dollars revenue over the next 40 days...

That's an incredible achievement.

Warcraft kills it really. These professional reviewers have no clue at all

Down to 22% with 18 reviews!

But nope, it's going to be a HUGE success! Kappa

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    it's very strange that critics seem so out of touch on this movie.
    It's not the critics that are out of touch, it's the WoW fanbase.

This movie is going to bomb big time.

I don't think you understand what flop means. The movie is doing spectacular so far.
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    If this trend is continued and with the China and US markets still to open ... we will see > 400 million dollars revenue over the next 40 days...

That's an incredible achievement.

Warcraft kills it really. These professional reviewers have no clue at all
    We don't know if the trend will continue though. The domestic box office is much, much different than it is in a few small countries where far fewer people see movies on average.

Don't get me wrong, I want the movie to succeed both because I love Warcraft and because I love Duncan Jones as a director but I think it's still a bit of a leap to say that since the movie is doing well overseas it'll assuredly do well domestically as well.

FFS go watch it yourself. You guys are just desperate to shit on anything Blizzard coz, im not sure what kind of petulant anger you have against them <_<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post

It's not the critics that are out of touch, it's the WoW fanbase.

This movie is going to bomb big time.

The film was made to service said fanbase. Of course the critics will, to varying degrees, be out of touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

The problem I see with the reviews/comments is they are all wanting it to be LOTR or GoT.

Ill withhold judgement until I see it but if your wanting it to be LOTR or GoT ur watching the wrong movie.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-05-29 at 02:18 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    And when you see a spec falling from the sky do you go out and yell "THE SKY IS FALLING!" before getting all the data? Probably.
    I swear all UNINFORMED nay sayers should be shoved in a box and floated in outer space.

why are people treating RT like an infallible god?

critics routinely get things wrong, disagree with audiences, and fail movies that end up making plenty of profit.

that just means people are stupid and have bad taste
    yeah and i never watch movies in english and my favorite bands are ones you've never heard of

The critical consensus is a far better indication of the quality of a movie than anything else. Individual critics opinions will vary of course. That's why Rotten Tomatos is so useful. It's an AGGREGATE, it shows you what the consensus opinion is, not just one or two outliers.

And yes, there are probably some movies you personally like that the critics hated, and that's fine.

Also "People like it more than the critics!" is a flimsy excuse. Critics are fare more critical (ha) of movies than the general public and typically have much higher standards. That's why crap movies like Transformers 4 can get horrible reviews and still get like B+ scores from audiences and make a ton of money.

A lot of crappy movies are very successful despite being panned by critics, because critics tend to approach movies with a much higher standard than the average joe who just wants CGI and explosions.

10+ Year Old Account
    some people on this thread believe that bad critic reviews equals bad commercial success to the movie.

it's the number one movie in europe right now, reviews != success.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    some people on this thread believe that bad critic reviews equals bad commercial success to the movie.

But does it honestly have much competition there right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post

Whats it's competition there right now?

What new movie got released along with warcraft?

None of the trailers scream "flop" to me at all. Even if the acting is completely shit, there's no way this is "battlefield earth" level of anything. The CGI looks amazing. Even if non-Warcraft people have trouble with the story line i'm sure they'll still think the movie looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Whats it's competition there right now?

What new movie got released along with warcraft?
    I believe the new Alice in Wonderland movie and X-Men are opening in the same markets (curiously both have been slammed by critics as well), though again far fewer people in the countries go see movies so it's a bit of a skewed sample size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bugs me that people are calling it a flop when it's not even out yet. It premieres June 10th.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post

You have literally zero clue what makes a movie successful, it's doing ASTRONOMICALLY well financially, and the fanbase seems to enjoy it.

Why don't you see the movie yourself before you throw around your baseless hate. If you dislike it after you've seen it, then go ahead give us all a well written review preferably without twitch memes.

A bunch of people who have never played a video game in their life and a guy that things dragonball evolution is good aren't really the intended audience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CasCrow View Post
    Bugs me that people are calling it a flop when it's not even out yet. It premieres June 10th.
    It's out in multiple markets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The problem I see with the reviews/comments is they are all wanting it to be LOTR or GoT.

Ill withhold judgement until I see it but if your wanting it to be LOTR or GoT ur watching the wrong movie.
    So critics want it to be 2.5 hours of walking and then finally about 25 mins of some action??? SMFH
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

You do know they released it in other countries right? The east is not the only place in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the US it opens June 10th... But it has been released in like 12 countries already.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.