Xbox Wireless Adapter For Windows

So I just picked this up today and I'm having trouble getting it to sync with my Xbox One Controller. I installed the Windows 7 drivers for it manually but it doesn't seem to want to sync. Any tips would be appreciated getting this thing to work so I can play Overwatch with it.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked there was no windows 7 drivers for it which leads me to believe you purchased an xbox 360 wireless adapter.
    That or you do have the xbox one wireless adapter and are trying to use the windows 7/8x wired drivers.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2016-05-29 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Last I checked there was no windows 7 drivers for it which leads me to believe you purchased an xbox 360 wireless adapter.
    That or you do have the xbox one wireless adapter and are trying to use the windows 7/8x wired drivers.
    No, there's drivers for it, they came out with them around December 2015.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    So I just picked this up today and I'm having trouble getting it to sync with my Xbox One Controller. I installed the Windows 7 drivers for it manually but it doesn't seem to want to sync. Any tips would be appreciated getting this thing to work so I can play Overwatch with it.
    i use this adpater http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OFFICIAL...0AAOSwU9xUNCff

not sure what one you have but i was able to get the drivers from Microsoft's website
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    No, there's drivers for it, they came out with them around December 2015.
    Well in that case are they actually installed properly? There should be no X or ! in the device manager for that piece of equipment.

Yes, it says it's installed properly. It just wont sync up with the controller.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Dunno if this will work for the xbox one controller, but I did this for a 360 adapter one:

Right click on Computer
    Go to Properties
    Click on Device Manager
    Right click on the Unidentified Device
    Go to Properties
    Go to the Drive tab
    Click on Update Driver…
    Browse my computer for driver software
    Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    Microsoft Common Controller for Window Class
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows Version: 2.1.0.1349 [8/13/2009]
    Update Driver Warning
    Click Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Dunno if this will work for the xbox one controller, but I did this for a 360 adapter one:

Right click on Computer
    Go to Properties
    Click on Device Manager
    Right click on the Unidentified Device
    Go to Properties
    Go to the Drive tab
    Click on Update Driver…
    Browse my computer for driver software
    Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    Microsoft Common Controller for Window Class
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows Version: 2.1.0.1349 [8/13/2009]
    Update Driver Warning
    Click Yes
    I updated the controller drivers while it was plugged in via USB but it still won't pair with the adapter. Apparently the issue is you do have to make sure you get a USB Human Interface Device in the device manager when you pair the controller. If you don't, the wireless adapter will not work, EVEN IF the drivers are successfully installed. Basically what's happening is the drivers are signed for the Xbox wireless adapter, but not the Human Interface Device part, so the adapter is working but cannot detect the controller as a device. Make sure the HID part is in your device manager with a working driver.

Since that is the issue, can someone direct me to a page where I can install that and the drivers for the USB Human Interface Device for Windows 7 64 Bit? Another question I have, I noticed I have HID-compliant game controller listed when I have the controller plugged in via USB. Is that the same thing or is it different
    Last edited by Kaiser499; 2016-05-29 at 12:40 PM.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Everything you need to find or do should be found here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...ntroller-to-pc
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...-windows-setup

It's definitely worth mentioning that unlike the [wireless] Xbox 360 controllers, if you're plugged in with a USB cable, you don't need a wireless adapter.
    Last edited by Sheevah; 2016-05-29 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    It's definitely worth mentioning that unlike the [wireless] Xbox 360 controllers, if you're plugged in with a USB cable, you don't need a wireless adapter.
    I know that but when I'm plugged in via USB it doesn't stay in cause the port where the cable gets inserted is loose and doesn't fit snug in it, which is why I went out and bought the adapter.

Also, I already did all of that stuff. Windows just hung there while it searched for drivers so I had to install everything manually when I first inserted the Wireless Adapter.
    Last edited by Kaiser499; 2016-05-29 at 01:29 PM.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Did you try a different USB port, if you have it in a USB3 port it might not work, all kinds of weird stuff going on with those and non USB3 peripherals.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Did you try a different USB port, if you have it in a USB3 port it might not work, all kinds of weird stuff going on with those and non USB3 peripherals.
    Tried every port on my computer.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    This might sound like a stupid question, but since your issue still isn't resolved and it seems like everything should be working without any issues...

You are 100% certain you're using the wireless adapter meant for the Xbox One controllers and not the older one for the 360 controllers, correct?