Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfighter101 View Post
    It's ridiculous, no other movie I've seen has had projected opening sales so publicized, nor this wildly speculated. The most common complaint about the movie from US critics is how complex the story is, and having an ending with not so much tied up; now for those of us living under a rock, we know Warcraft had two sequels and a 11 year running MMO full of lore to plough through. Chances are if it did so damn well in 20 other countries, it'll do just fine where the game originated.

Aside from critics who know shit, the soundtrack sounds awesome
    Movie critics in the US generally rate sci-fi/fantasy lower than other types of films. Hell they've rated things I think as garbage as the best movies ever made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if this country wasn't broke more people would go see movies :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first time you see Stormwind in the movie, you see it from the air and a small tint of ingame Stormwind's epic music is used... It was absolutely amazing. I had a tear in my eye when it happened. I hope that theme will be available in the upcoming soundtrack.

Regards Denmark.
    Last edited by DJ117; 2016-05-29 at 12:47 AM.

It's cute that it's doing well outside the US but the US is all that matters. Sorry.

It hasn't even come out in the US yet. How bout we just wait and see. People claimed Marvel made a huge mistake with Deadpool being rated R not all that long ago and it blew everything out of the water opening weekend. The only real mistake I see happening is them not releasing it in the US this weekend. I mean we went to the movies this weekend. Releasing after the holiday is going to be their biggest hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    It's cute that it's doing well outside the US but the US is all that matters. Sorry.
    its cute how dumb you are so much that you even dont know that in us its out on june 10

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-05-29 at 02:42 AM.

Warcraft will easily pull a profit with or without it performing well in the US. I wouldn't be shocked to see a couple Chinese actors in the second (and third) one, though. Hollywood's been trying to cater to Chinese audiences by including random Chinese actors even if it makes little sense. Transformers did it. Iron Man 3 did it. Others have done it. Star Wars is going to do it with Rogue One (although he may make more sense rather than just being there) and will likely do it with the later movies. Some of those scenes were cut in non-Chinese versions while others included the scenes. So I wouldn't be shocked to see them somehow manage to squeeze in a Chinese actor or two to appeal more to China for the sequels and pull in even more money from there regardless if it makes sense or not (and no, I'm not suggesting they just make them Pandaren).

Find it rather insulting the movie didn't have a true worldwide release, though. Rather annoying that movies are opening up in countries other than the home country the film was created/made in first. If they want to open it in other countries, fine. Just make sure to open it in the home country on the same day. Opening the movie in the home country a week or more later just promotes people going to torrent websites and downloading it illegally. If the company who made the movie didn't care enough to release the movie in the home country on the very first "world" premiere date and instead delayed it a week or more, then many may think the company doesn't care enough for their money, either. It can make people feel unwanted or like they're being treated like second class customers. But Blizzard's been doing fantastic with that in WoD so no surprise Legendary would do the same with movie goers.

I didn't have much intention of seeing the movie honestly, but I might go after all since I have nothing better to do. My theater does a $5.25 per ticket day on Tuesdays so if I went, it'd be then. I'm certainly not paying $6.50-7.25 a ticket to go see it otherwise. I don't do 3D or Imax. I have no interest in paying full price for anything Warcraft related right now after WoD. I don't care what it is.

I guess waiting till it fully releases in the US would be a better metric if the movie failed or not in the US market.

Assuming the U.S. opening projection is more or less correct... maybe it will finally show Blizzard, aside from all the internal financial data I'm sure they are getting, that they as a company is being carried by International markets (in this case Non-U.S. markets) at this stage.

Maybe then they will think twice about balancing their attention and resource allocation, i.e. actually start having devs posting on non-U.S. official forums or maybe even having their next Blizzcon outside the U.S.

Not only goes mmo-champ WoW players want WoW to die, they want the movie to do bad. lol.

Why on fucking earth did they think to not rendition a single song from the game? Warcraft has iconic fucking music and they choose to instead create a generic as fuck soundtrack consisting of horns and drums.

Jesus what a complete disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    its cute how dumb you are so much that you even dont know that in us its out on june 10
    I am aware of the release date. No clue where you jumped to that conclusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate how shitty Rotten Tomatoes can make or break a movie lately. IMDB gives it 9/10

Nope. It matters how it does all over the world just the same as it matters how all the Marvel movies and any other movie does around the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Warcraft will easily pull a profit with or without it performing well in the US. I wouldn't be shocked to see a couple Chinese actors in the second (and third) one, though. Hollywood's been trying to cater to Chinese audiences by including random Chinese actors even if it makes little sense. Transformers did it. Iron Man 3 did it. Others have done it. Star Wars is going to do it with Rogue One (although he may make more sense rather than just being there) and will likely do it with the later movies. Some of those scenes were cut in non-Chinese versions while others included the scenes. So I wouldn't be shocked to see them somehow manage to squeeze in a Chinese actor or two to appeal more to China for the sequels and pull in even more money from there regardless if it makes sense or not (and no, I'm not suggesting they just make them Pandaren).

Find it rather insulting the movie didn't have a true worldwide release, though. Rather annoying that movies are opening up in countries other than the home country the film was created/made in first. If they want to open it in other countries, fine. Just make sure to open it in the home country on the same day. Opening the movie in the home country a week or more later just promotes people going to torrent websites and downloading it illegally. If the company who made the movie didn't care enough to release the movie in the home country on the very first "world" premiere date and instead delayed it a week or more, then many may think the company doesn't care enough for their money, either. It can make people feel unwanted or like they're being treated like second class customers. But Blizzard's been doing fantastic with that in WoD so no surprise Legendary would do the same with movie goers.

I didn't have much intention of seeing the movie honestly, but I might go after all since I have nothing better to do. My theater does a $5.25 per ticket day on Tuesdays so if I went, it'd be then. I'm certainly not paying $6.50-7.25 a ticket to go see it otherwise. I don't do 3D or Imax. I have no interest in paying full price for anything Warcraft related right now after WoD. I don't care what it is.
    Legendary Pictures was acquired by China's Wanda Group in January of this year. Also, does the name Daniel Wu ring a bell? Hint: he plays Gul'dan in the movie.

Deleted
    ...Not really. Biggest market is China. And if it does good in the rest of the world (wich it does, the movie is just awsome) it surely will in the US aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Exzes View Post
    ...Not really. Biggest market is China. And if it does good in the rest of the world (wich it does, the movie is just awsome) it surely will in the US aswell
    I don't think it'll do that well in the US but it doesn't matter. If it makes money worldwide, we'll hopefully get another. Take Pacific Rim for instance. This movie's performance will hopefully be that part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I hate how shitty Rotten Tomatoes can make or break a movie lately. IMDB gives it 9/10
    IMDB users give it a 9/10, users who happen to be blind fans of Warcraft and wouldn't rate the movie any lower than an 8.5 even if it was a steaming pile. Critics, who happen to be far less biased, are saying it's an average movie which it more than likely is. There's no grand conspiracy to shit on popular movies, if there was then Star Wars, one of the biggest movies in the last decade, would have been steam rolled by critics, which it wasn't. Just accept the movie isn't as good as you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfu View Post
    IMDB users give it a 9/10, users who happen to be blind fans of Warcraft and wouldn't rate the movie any lower than an 8.5 even if it was a steaming pile. Critics, who happen to be far less biased, are saying it's an average movie which it more than likely is. There's no grand conspiracy to shit on popular movies, if there was then Star Wars, one of the biggest movies in the last decade, would have been steam rolled by critics, which it wasn't. Just accept the movie isn't as good as you think it is.
    Personally I think both movies are simply affected by bias. Honestly Star Wars was an average movie too, but it was boosted by so much nostalgia and fan fare that critics "had" to rate it favorably. Similarly Warcraft's starting point is as a videogame movie, most were expecting it to suck. Were looking for it to suck. And while it may also be average too, it's probably getting slightly worse ratings than it should.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Personally I think both movies are simply affected by bias. Honestly Star Wars was an average movie too, but it was boosted by so much nostalgia and fan fare that critics "had" to rate it favorably. Similarly Warcraft's starting point is as a videogame movie, most were expecting it to suck. Were looking for it to suck. And while it may also be average too, it's probably getting slightly worse ratings than it should.
    Russia. Watched the movie. As great as it was, i still feel stolen. More than 40th minutes of the film disappeared, and thats why you got so bad RT reward.

I mean, where is the prologue at all? For simple people who don't roam MMO champ and wowpedia?

That's racist!