Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Can't call police on me if they're just words, now can you? Also there is more type of harm than just physical

Also calling me a fat cunt, probably not. Saying something that made you deserve to have your head bashed in? You betcha
    Forgive me if I think less of you for trying to hold up violence next to verbally being a jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    There's this little thing called self restraint. Just because you have an opinion, doesn't necessarily mean you should share that opinion.
    I don't really give a shit?

Just because someone share an opinion you don't like, does not mean you are free to attack them/harass them and ruin their life, get the fuck over yourself.

Actually you can't unless you admit that you're being hypocritical. Words obviously can't ever hurt you, so you shouldn't ever do anything about "just words". By admitting that you are willing to call the police, you admit that you are inherently wrong on your ideals. Which is fine, not everyone can be completely right.
    This is false.

Actually you can't unless you admit that you're being hypocritical. Words obviously can't ever hurt you, so you shouldn't ever do anything about "just words". By admitting that you are willing to call the police, you admit that you are inherently wrong on your ideals. Which is fine, not everyone can be completely right.
    Because calling the police and letting them handle the situation is the same thing as hitting somebody with a baseball bat.... right.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I guess that means you also approve of all his other stuff too then?
    Nice comic sans

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    No, I think you have to be a lunatic to attack somebody for speech but it's seemingly on the rise with left-wing people whether condoning it or committing it. I think he's retarded and wrong, but I wouldn't blindside him with a metal bat and I wouldn't cheer if somebody else did. One girl followed him to offer medical assistance, the rest laughed and jeered. That's not the way to do things.
    really much this, just because you don't like someones opinion on something, you shouldn't turn to violence. and saying that doesn't mean i agree with his PoV at all. i just dont like violence to shut out peoples opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You are absolutely right there.
    Except pretending like jeering at some jackass getting his comeuppance is somehow a partisan issue is absolutely wrong. Or are you going to tell me that the people who say "that thug deserved it" when some dude gets shot/beat after antagonizing the police all identify as left-wing, now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    This is false.
    Seeing your posts from the other times I've had the misfortune of stumbling in a thread with your posts, I'm sure you think it's false. Facts don't exactly grab your attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Because calling the police and letting them handle the situation is the same thing as hitting somebody with a baseball bat.... right.
    Because lacking the ability to understand the conversation means that you're able to respond idiotically and try to make a comparison that clearly was never made.... right.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post

People getting attacked for having the "wrong" opinions is becoming a common thing, people having their lives ruines is normal now, and the same trash on this site will defend it.
    People have been having their lives ruined for simple stuff forever, but instead of it being various minorities these days, it is people holding the opinions that harms/used to harm those minorities. It isn't something that is just now becoming common, its basic society and the way it shifts.

Although I have NO sympathy for the scumbag, that was wrong. He was not being violent with anyone, and he shouldn't have been attacked like that.

that's the Christian way i guess? others who share a different view point shall be beaten with a baseball bat, i think that quote is in the bible somewhere.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any group turning to violence is no better than any other group that uses violence to "help" their objectives.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Seeing your posts from the other times I've had the misfortune of stumbling in a thread with your posts, I'm sure you think it's false. Facts don't exactly grab your attention.
    You aren't using facts, though. What you said is factually false. You're equating calling the police directly to hitting someone with a bat. Your whole point pivots on that comparison. And your comparison is a failure. So you argument is a failure.

Deleted
    How am I being a hypocrite? Do you even know what that word means? This attempt at a gotcha is especially ridiculous because I never said you can't do anything about someone saying words, I just said words don't give you the right to escalate to physical violence. The law is on my side, which is why this idiot was arrested.

If the protesters thought the preacher broke the law they should have called the police. Someone saying stuff doesn't give you a right to hit them with a bat. Just to put this to bed, the words used to formulate a threat are not hurtful themselves; you can call the police to report it because it's a declaration of intent from that person to cause you actual harm, not because the words hurt your feelings. How am I having to explain this?

Calling the police to report credible danger of being physically hurt by a specific person =/= assaulting someone because they hurt your feelings. End of discussion.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-05-29 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    that's the Christian way i guess? others who share a different view point shall be beaten with a baseball bat, i think that quote is in the bible somewhere.
    You're probably joking, but considering the punishment for half the trivial "crimes" enumerated in the Old Testament was death...I think those people would have preferred getting hit in the head with a baseball bat and then living to post the video of it on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You're probably joking, but considering the punishment for half the trivial "crimes" enumerated in the Old Testament was death...I think those people would have preferred getting hit in the head with a baseball bat and then living to post the video of it on youtube.
    clearly a joke, pretty sure baseball wasn't around in those times lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    I don't really give a shit?

Just because someone share an opinion you don't like, does not mean you are free to attack them/harass them and ruin their life, get the fuck over yourself.
    If you share an opinion that's detestable and get hit with a bat, well, maybe you shouldn't have opened your mouth - especially if you know your opinion is going to piss people off.

Actions have consequences on both sides.

Also, what about the people this preacher is verbally attacking, harassing, and generally making life miserable? It's funny you think that physical abuse is any worse than mentally abusing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    People have been having their lives ruined for simple stuff forever, but instead of it being various minorities these days, it is people holding the opinions that harms/used to harm those minorities. It isn't something that is just now becoming common, its basic society and the way it shifts.
    Uh huh, will you say the same garbage drivel when we hear about middle class white women whining about how much they are harassed and bullied on the internet?
    Because i somehow doubt that, oh and nice victim blaming.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    Also, what about the people this preacher is verbally attacking, harassing, and generally making life miserable? It's funny you think that physical abuse is any worse than mentally abusing people.
    Hold on, you are equating someone standing on the street shouting stuff to being hit in the face with bat?

Yeah okay, just let me stop taking you seriously.
    And "action have violence as consequence" is something that belongs in third world countries, fyi.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you're looking for in comments. Obviously assaulting someone is terrible, and the fact that someone did hit him does not reflect 1 iota on people that oppose the nutty preacher's horrible message. But posts like this tend to be attacking and generalizing, as if trying to say...see this is somehow evidence that anyone that opposes this crazy guy's message is apparently violent - which is totally untrue and complete nonsense.

Apart from that, wearing signs inciting violence like this guy was *for any message* is a terrible idea and really begging for trouble.

Deleted
    people are still anti-gay in 2016 ppl need to fucking grow up if a man or a woman wants to be with the same sex let them who cares its there life not yours