Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Adblocking is the best thing since pop up blockers

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Off topic but someone told me not to use adblock because it's illegal and stealing. Must of been someone trolling me on twitch.

Anyways without adblock II would never visit this site.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    It blocked 82 scripts or other random things like Google Analytics that aren't ads at all. There are usually 3-5 actual ads on the page.
    But what is the purpose of the remaining 75 scripts, if the site runs perfectly fine without them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Off topic but someone told me not to use adblock because it's illegal and stealing. Must of been someone trolling me on twitch.

Anyways without adblock II would never visit this site.
    whoever told you that is the most stupid idiot on the planet LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    But what is the purpose of the remaining 75 scripts, if the site runs perfectly fine without them?
    these are the sites noscript detects on this forum

ajax.googleapis.com
    cursecdn.com
    jquery.com
    facebook.net
    twitter.com

al of the above will have cding an scripts to load shitty analytics and buttons etc which all drain on your internet, anti adblockers seem to just think its about the adverts but it shows how blind and stupid they can sometimes be, as the coding contains tracking,cookies and allsorts of other garbage which slows down site loading times while also tracking your data, go to one of the previous pages and theres al ist of addons i reccomendeded i use firefox but you might be able to get alternatives for other browsers.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    It blocked 82 scripts or other random things like Google Analytics that aren't ads at all. There are usually 3-5 actual ads on the page.
    W/E it is, its hogs resources, and no one like em.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Looking at the responses, I'm not sure if I should be surprised that we have individuals identifying themselves as very successful professionals questioning the number itself instead of very specific implementations and methodologies. If you want to complain about this site, complain about the horrendous background ad that is easily the most atrocious thing to user experience. The scripts aren't doing anything to your user experience and the top and bottom banner ads are quite civil while the site's operators are quite responsive to feedback regarding customization of invasive advertisements.

What is the use of so many scripts when the site runs fine regardless? It really depends on what your scripts are doing. Data collection--very much related to cookies--aren't necessarily a bad thing and are commonly a reason for scripts. Though lemming hysteria might say otherwise, data is used to improve your user experience. Of course, I forgot where I put my tinfoil hat.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    W/E it is, its hogs resources, and no one like em.
    There is a negligible difference in resources with or without AdBlock on a site like MMO-C. It definitely isn't a resource hog unless a higher definition video advertisement finds its way onto a 2048mb machine, which I'm going to guess that a gamer doesn't have.

Deleted
    just use adblocker all the time whichever one you pick adblock/ublock/adguard are the top 3, just dnt give in to the people who hate adblockers, they dnt understand how the ads themselfs even run all they care about is getting there money from youtube or whatever,

alot of people fail to realise it costs people data usage to load these adverts and som people only have 5GB upto 20GB a month data usage and thats not alot most people have unlimited but some still have the usage caps

the admin of this site doesnt give fuck about adverts he or she lets those annoying audio ones play even fullscreeen adverts so mobile users cant even access the site, basically the admin of this site needs to do some rework as theres about 10 different ad-networks on this site alone same goes for wowhead its like exploiting gamers

10+ Year Old Account
    I am blocking 59 with ad blocker and 48 with Ghostery currently. Wasnt a long time ago both wouldnt get above 50 combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    the admin of this site doesnt give fuck about adverts he or she lets those annoying audio ones play even fullscreeen adverts so mobile users cant even access the site, basically the admin of this site needs to do some rework as theres about 10 different ad-networks on this site alone same goes for wowhead its like exploiting gamers
    You don't understand how the system works. "Admin" of this site just sells ad space. Ad companies fill that space with their ad. Since ad companies are region based, a dude in one region/country can see nothing but a small harmless banner, while a dude from another region/country see huge flash animation with loud obnoxious sound. If MMO-C had their own ads, which content was moderated and controlled by MMO-C admins, I would drop using ABP here instantly. With ad companies instead - sorry, not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Though lemming hysteria might say otherwise, data is used to improve your user experience. Of course, I forgot where I put my tinfoil hat.
    Lemming hysteria, right.

Front page used to refresh in 2 seconds before those shits appeared. Nowadays, with these awesome scripts which "improve" my user experience, it doesn't anymore. I never realised that becoming worse is improving, thanks for opening my eyes I guess?
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-05-29 at 06:09 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    There is a negligible difference in resources with or without AdBlock on a site like MMO-C. It definitely isn't a resource hog unless a higher definition video advertisement finds its way onto a 2048mb machine, which I'm going to guess that a gamer doesn't have.
    If I turn it off, it takes seconds longer to load a page. From instant to 2-3 seconds. Thats too much for showing me a bunch of crap I dont care about.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Ya their malware infested ad-net should incur some sort of criminal fine, hopefully cyber law catches up sooner or later some accountability can be assessed and assigned.

If these ad-nets and maybe even their partners could be liable for males are spread your their service I bet they'd clean house.

This the reason why I won't install the curse client nor would I ever integrate my bnet account with curse.

Vindictive biased mods in a sub-forum are one thing ...gaping security risks on your entire infrastructure are quite another.
    What you're really doing is scaremongering with false data and causing a disruption on the forum. As chaud explained, there are 2 - 5 ads on a single page, and most of the "ads" you're all blocking are google objects or other scripts. Feel free to use adblock, of course, but don't post a thread accusing Curse or the site of purposely hosting malicious content or having "gaping security holes" where there are none.