Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Does Bastion make you rage? I have some good news for you.

McCree is slowly taking over as the top Rage of the Month character and appears he may be king of the hill soon.

The official forums are slowly knocking all of the Bastion threads out and replacing them with McCree is OP.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is old news lol

Only people complaining atm about bastion probably haven't even played yet.

There is no OP hero, all can be countered one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    There is no OP hero, all can be countered one way or another.
    This is both incredibly stupid and naive.

McCree IS actually overpowered, so is Widowmaker, Mercy and Lucio are not really OP (Lucio probably is actually) but are basically mandatory on every map.

I honestly do not grasp how you could think McCree is balanced, even extremely high end players on twitch like Seagull agree.

Complaining about McCree is not the same thing as complaining about Bastion.

Deleted
    i find mei much more annoying than bastion or McRee

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i find mei much more annoying than bastion or McRee
    Good thing she loses to McCree incredibly badly so you could just pick him and beat her.

Really? I find Mcree piss easy to deal with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Good thing she loses to McCree incredibly badly so you could just pick him and beat her.
    Guess I've been up against bad Mcrees then...

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    McCree counter flankers/assassins, hence people feel that he is op

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    He also mauls almost any tank, has very little counterplay, he invalidates Reaper as a hero, destroys Mei, gets 50% of his ultimate charge back for no reason whatsoever, beats Genji and Tracer most of the time unless they have ults, he gets incredible benefit from Mercy's damage buff, Reinhardt synergizes with him incredibly well because you beat Rein by flanking which in turn is beat by McCree.

There's a reason he's picked TWICE per team in almost every competitive game.

I guarantee you they'll nerf E>M2.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.twitch.tv/esportsarena Watch this and give me a warning when you see a team not pick him.

I just needed to vent but the 'every hero is balanced and has counterplay!!' argument is dumb and going to hurt this game in the long run.

I played maybe 50 matches, and I suck evenly with everything I tried out.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Pretty much. Someone has to be the top of the food chain in 1 on 1 encounters and that is him.

If you find yourself without a team against mccree you are suppose to die. That is his entire purpose.

Deleted
    his E>M2 does need nerfing, but how without making him suck? they could make the E a bit harder to hit, so it has to do more than just hit near the enemy, and reduce accuracy of M2, that might keep him viable while not making him suck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Really? I find Mcree piss easy to deal with.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess I've been up against bad Mcrees then...

McRee is one of the best vs mei, most heroes wont be able to kill her before she freezes you, he can just flash bang + kill

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    his E>M2 does need nerfing, but how without making him suck? they could make the E a bit harder to hit, so it has to do more than just hit near the enemy, and reduce accuracy of M2, that might keep him viable while not making him suck

- - - Updated - - -

McRee is one of the best vs mei, most heroes wont be able to kill her before she freezes you, he can just flash bang + kill
    I'd like it if they made it so his roll gives him more mobility but nerf his flashbang in some way.

M2 is ok because it's his only answer against tanks but the flashbangs just breaks it and means he wins 90% of the 1v1 matchups + it lets him stop so many ults.

Flashbang in general is just really broken in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    He also mauls almost any tank, has very little counterplay, he invalidates Reaper as a hero, destroys Mei, gets 50% of his ultimate charge back for no reason whatsoever, beats Genji and Tracer most of the time unless they have ults, he gets incredible benefit from Mercy's damage buff, Reinhardt synergizes with him incredibly well because you beat Rein by flanking which in turn is beat by McCree.
    This is all because of the way the meta is evolving; it currently favors getting in close, for the most part. To respond to that defense, people will switch up their tactics, and favor heroes that "counter" McCree. That's how this stuff works.

He only "mauls tanks" if they're A> right next to him, and B> don't have their defenses up, and C> he gets the drop on them. In which case, yeah, sure, I guess. I've killed plenty of McCrees with Reinhardt by Charging them in the face.

How does he "invalidate Reaper"? Reaper's entire schtick is his mobility and survivability; he can teleport behind enemy lines, to any verticality, and he's got an immunity defense. McCree has no mobility (I barely count his roll as such), no means of going vertical, and no defenses other than his stun grenade. If he runs around a corner into three enemy players, Reaper just shadows up and walks away, McCree just dies. He MIGHT get lucky and get a kill first.

McCree's only good in close range. Long-range heroes eat him for breakfast. And he doesn't have the mobility and survivability to really effectively flank and harass, like Genji/Reaper/Tracer do.

Not saying he's not a good hero, but you can't say he "outclasses" those heroes, unless the ONLY thing you're considering is a straight-up linear duel between two heroes in the middle of the street, at medium-short range.

I find he's best as a counter-flanker. Sit with Reinhardt/Mercy, watch their back. He's really good at that, but it's not the same role that the roamers are playing. And he has no capacity to find sneaky routes to get behind the enemy team, like they do.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-05-29 at 07:50 PM.

Bastion doesn't make me mad, being paired with retards makes me mad. Having a Mercy that only heals the tank no matter what and ignores everyone else. Having a Tracer just blinking around doing no damage. Having a Reaper use his teleport over and over in an open spot and getting sniped instantly and never learning. Having a Roadhog that misses every single hook. Having 3 snipers on a team. Having someone think that Symetra is a great solo support. Having a Zenyatta run into the front of the group and then wondering why he died. These are just a few things that make me mad at this game.

McCree does piss me off, but Bastion? Not at all. I pride myself on killing Bastions.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I main Widowmaker, Reaper, Hanzo, Genji, and Roadhog. The ONLY characters that give me trouble regularly are Zenyatta and Zarya. People whine about how Bastion is OP, or Torbjorn is OP, or Tracer is OP, or blah blah blah are just bad. I think I've been killed by a Tracer like once or twice -ever-. And even the two that get me I can admit aren't OP, I just need to learn to counter them better. Though I will admit that literally the most annoying move in the entire game is Zarya's ult. Fck that noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    A well played Pharah/Mercy combination is the most rage inducing. I play Mercy anytime I can get a decent Pharah but god I hate playing against it.

Deleted
    Yeah mcree having and instant stun and insane burst is pretty broken and counters pretty much every tank and short ranged char in the game with it and takes barely any skill to use since the stun has an AOE and then they are not moving so you don't need to aim his M2.

I don't understand. I hardly even SEE McCrees on the enemy team. I don't think I've ever died to one, ever. I don't get how people can say he's OP. And he's squishy too, he has what, 200, 250 health? Something like that? You can take that down in like 3 seconds.