Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Had to be done, but the family of that fuckwad child needs to pay a fine or something.
    Yeah that four year old is a real fuckwad.

Quote Originally Posted by sweatshopkids View Post
    Kill the parents that can't look after their own kid.
    From what I understand the mother was responsible for multiple children, so unless you want parents to start using those child leashes, I don't know how she is to be expected to keep her eyes on all children at once, especially with babies.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    From what I understand the mother was responsible for multiple children, so unless you want parents to start using those child leashes, I don't know how she is to be expected to keep her eyes on all children at once, especially with babies.
    ... don't take them to a fuckin' zoo?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Wait was the gorilla a male?
    Yes. They were hoping he would father more gorillas.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Hopefully the family lawyers up and sues the zoo over it. No 4 year old should be able to wander into an enclosure with a dangerous animal.

That's cute considering humans are the most dangerous animals on the earth. I'm pretty sure we have to be one of the only species that kills each other for fun, and kills other animals for fun. At least when other animals kill each other it's because they're protecting their territory, their young, or are hungry. Also, like I said if someone wants to get in bad enough they will find a way no matter how secure the facility is.
    Last edited by muto; 2016-05-29 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    ... don't take them to a fuckin' zoo?
    "Sorry Timmy, we can't go to the zoo because the law mandates that any parent with more than 2 children under the ages of 8 are prohibited from taking them there."
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    shoulda just let the gorilla raise him... if tarzan has taught us anything, it's that gorillas are better people than people are.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

"Sorry Timmy, we can't go to the zoo because the law mandates that any parent with more than 2 children under the ages of 8 are prohibited from taking them there."
    Well, alright then, enjoy having your kid mauled to death by a pissed off Silverback because you for some reason don't have the responsibility and ability to keep an eye on your eight extremely young children who don't have the faculties to realize why the fence is there and why the animals are closed off.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Well, alright then, enjoy having your kid mauled to death by a pissed off Silverback because you for some reason don't have the responsibility and ability to keep an eye on your eight extremely young children who don't have the faculties to realize why the fence is there and why the animals are closed off.
    Why does the zoo have a fence so flimsy that a three year old could get through it in a matter of mere moments into the exhibit of an endangered gorilla to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    It is. 1 human > ∞ animals.
    What a load of rubbish.

Do you know how vital bees are to the world's food production?

Yeah, let's get rid of all the bees just so we can save one human being. And let millions and millions die of starvation in the process.

See, this is why anyone who says "humans > animals" as some kind of absolute statement is an idiot. It's not absolute and it will never be.

Do you have any pets? How would you feel if I killed them all to save Charles Manson's life? If you say you're okay with that, then you don't deserve to have any pets.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh lookie here, from spinning animal abuse to spinning lazy and irresponsible parenting. And the former is not a reference to this thread, btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    What a load of rubbish.

Yeah, let's get rid of all the bees just so we can save one human being. And let millions and millions die of starvation in the process.

See, this is why anyone who says "humans > animals" as some kind of absolute statement is an idiot. It's not absolute and it will never be.

Do you have any pets? How would you feel if I killed them all to save Charles Manson's life? If you say you're okay with that, then you don't deserve to have any pets.
    Absurd argument that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Think about it for a second: your little brother is in a life or death situation and it's either him or the gorilla.
    What choice would you want the zoo's staff to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Absurd argument that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Think about it for a second: your little brother is in a life or death situation and it's either him or the gorilla.
    What choice would you want the zoo's staff to make?
    It's not an absurd argument when what I am actually quoting is saying "1 human > ∞ animals."

Learn how to fucking read.

Oh look.

MMO-Champion committing cerebral abortion over a pretty open and shut case.

Child was in danger, ape was an endangered species. Was the ape used for breeding purposes (actively, not this WELL WE HOPED HE WOULD GET THE TINGLE AND... bullshit.)? No? Then fuck all.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jack Hanna said they where right to shoot the gorilla, and he actually knows more than all of you.

Deleted
    Nope.

My "math" is fine. Sarcasm is a thing. And sorry, no one's perfect. And no parent can be perfectly vigilant 100% of them time. You either know this from experience or you don't know it all.

My kids have managed to never fall in a gorilla enclosure.....

The point is that no you cant be vigilant 100% of the time, btu when in a public place like a zoo, especially one with dangers, you need to be vigilant 100% of the time. You can slack off at home.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do. But if every single bee in the world was charging my child I'd napalm the entire fucking swarm.

You're clearly missing the context. In a scenario where there's a choice between saving a human life at the expense of animal lives or letting the animals kill the human, the human life should be the priority.

Or maybe, you're just reading a generalization and making it into an absolute just to have something to bitch about.

Do you have any pets?
    Not if I can help it. But I never said there weren't exceptions. Again, my statement was not intended to be an absolute but merely a generalization of a given scenario where there's a choice between a human life and that of an animal.

Oh lookie here, from spinning animal abuse to spinning lazy and irresponsible parenting. And the former is not a reference to this thread, btw.
    Personally I find it quite petty that people are just upset that some gorilla died and are taking their anger out by blaming anyone they possibly can.

"Oh noes, an animal died! Humans are eeeeeeviiiiiiil!"

Reminds me of that one lion that got shot and for some reason the internet exploded out of anger over the death of one animal.

And this is why you don't have more children than you can reasonably watch/take care of. Birth control is a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    The point is that no you cant be vigilant 100% of the time, btu when in a public place like a zoo, especially one with dangers, you need to be vigilant 100% of the time. You can slack off at home.
    Honestly it does not sound like she was being all that vigilant in the first place, considering that the zoo hasn't had an incident like this before and how hard it typically is to get inside animal enclosures.

I do. But if every single bee in the world was charging my child I'd napalm the entire fucking swarm.
    Then you're an idiot who has doomed huge swaths of the planet's population.

You're clearly missing the context. In a scenario where there's a choice between saving a human life at the expense of animal lives or letting the animals kill the human, the human life should be the priority.
    I'm not missing any context. You claimed 1 human > infinite animals. This is not true. I gave you an example to demonstrate to you why this is not true.

Or maybe, you're just reading a generalization and making it into an absolute just to have something to bitch about.
    Then don't make stupid statements that are not based on logic. You can back-peddle all you want, but you made that statement and I pointed out how stupid it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a tragic state of affairs, but the zoo made the right call.

A crying shame since they'll have lost doubly since I bet they'll be sued by the family of the child. If not also face a fine for inadequate precautions against someone getting into the enclosure.

Money they now need to try to replace their gorrila.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    And this is why you don't have more children than you can reasonably watch/take care of. Birth control is a thing.
    So basically, instead of killing gorillas, kill your children instead. Because apparently if there is ever any accident that ever occurs where a parent wasn't the image of perfection in parenting, suddenly limiting childbirths akin to china is being considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Honestly it does not sound like she was being all that vigilant in the first place, considering that the zoo hasn't had an incident like this before and how hard it typically is to get inside animal enclosures.
    If a three year old did it in mere moments (which I assume to be the case, otherwise literally anyone else would have alerted somebody to the child jumping into the exhibit) then I doubt it was very effective. Also, I like how when a child gets in its the parent's fault but if there aren't any children getting in then that must be thanks to the zoo.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-05-30 at 12:19 AM.