Star Citizen introduced a new career path for the game today... Intergalactic Food Delivery.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...-Food-Delivery

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Intergalactic pizza delivery service. From our oven to your door in 30 minutes or less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another free fly weekend has started up for anyone who is interested.

Deleted
    Sorry, I'm new to this game. So I want to ask. I saw this video on youtube. It was a short video, but it seems that Star Citizen will not be your regular open world space sim. In that video I think they showed procedurally-generated world... and that is amazing. So this game will be like No Man's Sky, but with Cryengine graphics??

Quote Originally Posted by Niilo View Post
    Sorry, I'm new to this game. So I want to ask. I saw this video on youtube. It was a short video, but it seems that Star Citizen will not be your regular open world space sim. In that video I think they showed procedurally-generated world... and that is amazing. So this game will be like No Man's Sky, but with Cryengine graphics??
    Eventually. A lot of the content is stuff that's meant to be delivered post release.
    Also, don't be fooled by the PG prototypes, sure they look pretty but they are nothing more than random height maps with atmospheric scattering, ie https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post3274872
    I think it's great that they're working with PG for planet generation but they're clearly not at the stage where they want to show off their own PG work.

Quote Originally Posted by Niilo View Post
    The Procedural Generation of planet surfaces is mostly being done to save on file size. As it stands right now in super-alpha the game rocks about a 30GB installation and that's just on ships/characters, the three alpha maps and some prebuilt social areas. Given that there will be dozens of star systems with multiple planets, it makes more sense to have the engine build them on-demand using blueprints rather than having them be structured assets, it would bloat the size of the game to ridiculous levels (100GB+).

So in that sense it's not like No Man's Sky where it's generating new planets with random seeds and so on (like Starbound). It's building predefined planets using PG blueprints, so Planet X has Y parameters and then the engine would recreate it for each person(s) that are in that area. If there's a landing base or station, that collection of assets is then plopped on to the surface of the generated world.

Question at this point is how detailed will these PG planets end up.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2016-04-16 at 11:32 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 has been released to the Public Test Universe (PTU). The last step before being released to the public at large. The biggest thing with this patch is that it brings Persistence (meaning your ship and character state will persist after logging off). To be able to repair and heal yourself, you can start earning money from doing missions. Here's a short video from STL Youngblood about what 2.4 brings...

Here's a Reddit post with all the patch notes...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...s_been_lifted/

Deleted
    any comments on how they will fix the fact that on the top end systems with top graphic cards you get like 10 fps?

2.4 is practically an involution. there are millions of bugs, everywhere. the tech demo barely runs at 10 fps.

Please post productively and do not troll. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-05-22 at 07:48 PM.

Bugs? In an alpha no less!? Say it ain't so!

If you keep stretching like that, someday even you might reach the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    any comments on how they will fix the fact that on the top end systems with top graphic cards you get like 10 fps?

2.4 is practically an involution. there are millions of bugs, everywhere. the tech demo barely runs at 10 fps.

i have a top end computer and have little problems with fps, and also this is an early alpha of a game in constant development, where things keep changing, they could of just held back with the alpha but at least your getting a taste of whats to come and to help improve the games evolution,

A game in development is never going always run smoothly, at least post something constructive, plus unless you have a 980ti or above i wouldn't even consider that a top end card these days.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

c'mon EvcRo at least post the full video

"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    should i post this here or make a goat simulator thread. anyway, i think it's the first time when a developer is openly mocking another "developer", on a level never seens before, and entire game themed on irony and making fun of another developer.

Hooves in spaaace: Goat Simulator goes galactic

Caprine capers continue with Waste of Space expansion

25 May 2016 at 13:40, Lester Haines

Swedish games outfit Coffee Stain Studios has announced it's releasing a galactic expansion to its popular 2014 ram-'em-up Goat Simulator, which finally offered goat wannabes the chance to fulfil their caprine fantasies.

Entitled Waste of Space, the expansion's premise is that players "get to beat or trick people into crowdfunding you their hard-earned money, and then spend it on your own dreams of being a space McGyver in space or whatever space nerds do instead of huffing paint in their underwear like normal people".

To trumpet tomorrow's launch, Coffee Stain Studios has produced an entertaining vid, in keeping with its previous cinematographic efforts. The original Goat Simulator promo scored high points for its parody of the intro of the trailer (probably NSFW) for zombie chopfest Dead Island.

The exciting features of Waste of Space include:

Visit space today or get old waiting for that other space game that you already paid for
    Crowdfund a space colony and get other people to pay for it and do all the work!

Fly and shoot stuff in space, because nobody makes games about flying and shooting in space anymore
    Learn how to be a real bridge commander like that spock dude from mars or whatever
    The biggest map in goat simulator history, filled to the brim with all kinds of crazy

What's more, we're promised that "no crew member will be left unromanced". This kind of thing may be OK in outer space, but don't try it in Oklahoma.

The expansion will be available on on PC, iOS, Android and Amazon. ®
    p.s. to the mods, constructive talk about star citizen should be prioritizing protection of innocent customers.
    Last edited by mmoc11f5768ffa; 2016-05-26 at 06:46 AM.

Reinstalled and spent ten minutes warping around Jupiter trying to find Crusader, but each and every time the autpilot dropped my out of warp with Crusader still apparently on the other side of the planet, saving me from crashing into the gas giant. Settled for Oliver station to land instead.

Too bad the stations are so small right now; currently just consists of the landing pads, a central room where you can swap out ships, and a few sleep tubes. At least put in a space bar dammit! #ThingsToCome

Also, how do you change clothes? The shop on ArcCorp that sold clothes wasn't open, and looking through the options I couldn't find any way to change out of the space suit .

2.4 is only on the PTU. From the patches though, it is pretty close to release to live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    The surface in the photo they used is a footpath which makes the ship look like a little toy.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

I choose to keep a healthy cursory interest in the game as the development cycle for a game of this scope tends to be around 5 years. (We're about what? 3-3.5 years since primary development began?) For those following more closely, how does development seem to be going lately? I know the past year was a bit bumpy with the FPS elements not going as planned (mostly ambulation/mo-cap related it seems?).

Does it seem like we'll have the persistent universe beta opening by the end of the year? (AKA most of the modules active in PU and a few systems open for travel)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I am also just sitting back and giving it occasional attention these days, when it is ready, it will be ready and I am accepting of that fact. Until then, I got other games to play. I am hoping BattleTech goes into beta at some point this year. I figure we still have another year before Star Citizen is going to be good enough to play, it just doesn't seem to be progressing as fast as many would hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I choose to keep a healthy cursory interest in the game as the development cycle for a game of this scope tends to be around 5 years. (We're about what? 3-3.5 years since primary development began?) For those following more closely, how does development seem to be going lately? I know the past year was a bit bumpy with the FPS elements not going as planned (mostly ambulation/mo-cap related it seems?).

Does it seem like we'll have the persistent universe beta opening by the end of the year? (AKA most of the modules active in PU and a few systems open for travel)
    It seems extremely unlikely.

They still haven't even nailed down the flight model properly at all and it's supposed to release the SP portion at end of year or early next.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    It seems extremely unlikely.

They still haven't even nailed down the flight model properly at all and it's supposed to release the SP portion at end of year or early next.
    the flight model is pretty solid currently, never had any problems with the flight in the game , once they have sorted what they want to do with procedural planets then things in the game will move a little faster.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen