10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Lol, knowing the ways of the internet, I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult. XD
    Probably a mix of both but don't bother, just ride the crazy horse xD

Also, Duncan Jones himself tweeted in my post. Now I am the coolest kid.

https://twitter.com/FrozDeathKnight/...13027120222208
    We should all get drunk to celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Well, actually... Rob is here somewhere, still. xD
    He should just come with us and get drunk too xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should I not watch the movie and just pray Duncan releases an extended edition or just go and see it in June?

:O
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Should I not watch the movie and just pray Duncan releases an extended edition or just go and see it in June?

From what everyone says the movie is enjoyable as it is. Some people are even saying that it looks better after watching it a second time.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Probably a mix of both but don't bother, just ride the crazy horse xD

We should all get drunk to celebrate!
    I'm a teetotaler, but I can stand by and watch you all get drunk while I laugh at your misery. I'm such a nice guy.

Also, because the director of the movie and even Legendary are pushing me to go and see it again, I no longer have any choice. XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post

You will likely have a good time, even if the movie has its major flaws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently one of the characters levels up near the end of the film. I haven't seen it yet but now I gotta keep an eye out for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I'm a teetotaler, but I can stand by and watch you all get drunk while I laugh at your misery. I'm such a nice guy.
    Oh well, sounds fair xD

Also, because the director of the movie and even Legendary are pushing me to go and see it again, I no longer have any choice. XD
    Heh, seems could be worth it, I'm not surprised a second watch kind of water down some of the issues felt during the first one.

Deleted
    Just back from it, wasn't disappointed. 9/10 as a fan and 7.5 objectively.

Couple complaints though

The final fight scene between Lothar and Blackhand, I get what they were going for but I would have preferred a fleshed out scene.

Lothar and his son Callum needed more screentime to make the death more impactful, when Medivh was taunting Lothar those insults should have been shown previously, not told.

The other one is I would have loved more time spent explaining why they were actually invading Azeroth, perhaps some narration over the slaughtering of draenai.

Last edited by mmoca34d01d54f; 2016-05-30 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KazTheCapper View Post
    The other one is I would have loved more time spent explaining why they were actually invading Azeroth, perhaps some narration over the slaughtering of draenai.
    That would have been quite distracting honestly. The slaughtering of the draenei never had a relevant or direct relation with the invasion of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Would rather guess 100m US, 200m Europe, 100m China, 100m Rest, but that is kinda optimistic. Still: 500m would justify a sequel.
    Not that optimistic about China. But all of that is wild guesses.
    Warcraft is pretty big in China and is breaking presales records. Expect at least 150m.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Looking at Civil War's foreign box office, it would seem that Germany, France and Russia are actually pretty small markets (15-20 million). The three together match UK's box office (50 million). And then we have South Korea with a similar box office (60 million), as well as Mexico and Brazil (40 million). In Civil War's case, the US box office is then 7 times each of these (350 million), but we can't expect this to be true for Warcraft, given the predictions.

Fun fact: Germany, France and Russia's combined opening weekend box office for Civil War was something like 27 million. Warcraft's is 20 million. Civil War has grossed 1.1 billion.
    So as long as it does good in USA, the total could be anywhere from 500m-900m Still expecting close to 400m which MAY warrant a sequel or may not. I wonder If blizzard would be willing to cough some money up and go halfsies/quarteries on a sequel? They could easily pay 50m and be fine. They probably wouldnt miss it.

If I had to guess id say Blizzard alone is making close to 1.5b a year with all their games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I swear to god If that hurts Warcrafts sales ill throw a fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the script for the next two movies are being written. Ideally, they'd like the movie to get a nomination but even I'm not expecting that much. Remember, the movie has been in the works for at least a decade. Ideally, we will get to the events of WCIII by 2024. IF the sequel does at least as well as the first, we might see a a TV adaptation of WoW.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Pretty sure the script for the next two movies are being written. Ideally, they'd like the movie to get a nomination but even I'm not expecting that much. Remember, the movie has been in the works for at least a decade. Ideally, we will get to the events of WCIII by 2024. IF the sequel does at least as well as the first, we might see a a TV adaptation of WoW.
    TV adaptation would be pointless at this moment. Too CGI heavy, too costly. Thats why nobody touched live-action Star Wars so far... even Netflix.

But sequels for the movie, yeah, of course. 2nd could happen by 2019, with the third one easily done by 2020, releasing summer 2021. I can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    That would have been quite distracting honestly. The slaughtering of the draenei never had a relevant or direct relation with the invasion of Azeroth.

It displayed the nature of corrupted Orcs? Including likes of Durotan who was not corrupted? Orgrim never drank demon blood and yet never cared for non-Orcs. Why he kept the invasion of Azeroth going even after discovering the true reason for invasion of Azeroth. Then again, this movie has one dimensional villain (Gul'dan had more personality in game!), mindless followers and a "good Orc" who is surprisingly oblivious to slaughter his people wrecked on other denizens of Draneor.

From any standard, characters are shallow and poorly written. Durotan walks into a portal that was created by thousands of Draenei souls and he doesn't blink. This is apparently a good orc. Durotan in original story came to hate himself for his actions in war against Draenei. In this story, he just hates Gil'dan because his magics are destroying worlds. He has no other concerns..
    Last edited by jdbond592; 2016-05-30 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    From any standard, characters are shallow and poorly written. Durotan walks into a portal that was created by thousands of Draenei souls and he doesn't blink. This is apparently a good orc. Durotan in original story came to hate himself for his actions in war against Draenei. In this story, he just hates Gil'dan because his magics are destroying worlds. He has no other concerns..
    Durotan had to take a lot of hard choices for thhe survivial of his clan and also for his unborn child. But during the Westfall invasion, Durotan tells Blackhand that he'd rather fight someone with an axe rather than a baby (refering to a woman and a child that Blackhand has captured.) pretty surr he feels bad about doing these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    TV adaptation would be pointless at this moment. Too CGI heavy, too costly. Thats why nobody touched live-action Star Wars so far... even Netflix.

But sequels for the movie, yeah, of course. 2nd could happen by 2019, with the third one easily done by 2020, releasing summer 2021. I can see it.
    2nd movie Christmas 2020. Third movie Summer 2022.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I saw the movie yesterday. Overall I would say it's somewhere between "okay" and "good". It's definitly not a bad movie, but imo you will really have a hard time if you don't know the source material. The first 20 minutes were extremely rushed, this part in particular could have used 30 or even 40 minutes in order to explain some stuff. After that it got better and overall I think you understood more than enough, but the beginning was really not handled well.

The small changes here and there didn't really bother me at all. It worked in universe and overall it's still the same grand plot, even if some things just worked different from how it went down in the games/books. Visually it was a treat, but dear god, our 3D glasses had this blue tint that just dulled the colors, that was annoying. I also think, 3D isn't necessary, nothing was standing out as either good or bad, it's just not necessary.

Posted my boobs on 4chan trying to promote the movie and got banned. Lol. I know it's low but fuck it I want the movie to do well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    Posted my boobs on 4chan trying to promote the movie and got banned. Lol. I know it's low but fuck it I want the movie to do well.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    I'd get banned here if I did that Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    ^ This pretty much. Lmao xD

/tv/ on 4chan has been hating on the film too much I had to protect the film.