Page 47 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This movie would have done great 15 years ago. If released, today, the best seller should have been there - the story of Arthas. Then do prequels for the lower quality material, such as Warcraft Orcs vs Humans riff-raff.

To release with the most boring story possible at the starting gate is asking for disaster.

What if Star Wars opened with the Empire Strikes Back as their first Movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    This movie would have done great 15 years ago. If released, today, the best seller should have been there - the story of Arthas. Then do prequels for the lower quality material, such as Warcraft Orcs vs Humans riff-raff.

To release with the most boring story possible at the starting gate is asking for disaster.

As much as i want to see the rise of the Lich King.It would be a mess.Warcraft Orcs and Humans have a simple plot,a war between the kingdom of azeroth and the invading horde.

If they would ever realese the Story of Arthas,it would be a Wc3 story,and that story...can be pretty confusing for a movie,for someone that doesnt know the story.

Some mage tell the leader of the orcs to go west because doom is coming.

Prince of kingdom is fighting orcs and zombies start attacking

Prince become corrupt,destroy his kingdom and go destroy elven land and mage city.

Orcs arrive in the west land team up with bulls and ally with the human alliance

did a mention demons?Yea a demon invasion,and now purple elfs that fought those demons 10.000 years ago need help,they team up with the orcs and humans to fight the demons they won demon invasion ends and boom movie ends.

And thats reign of chaos.We still have TFT

Warcraft Orcs and humans its a good start since its not too complicate,maybe a weak start but hey...its a start

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I watched it today. I didn't pay. I went in expecting shit. I came out with a 7/10 Movie.

These reviewers are fucking delusional on RT.

Remember who is writing this by the way. Check my history.
    I concur Paula.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Just back from seeing it.

I really enjoyed it, more so than any film I have seen in quite awhile.
    There were parts I liked and some parts I thought were a little meh but the acting was great, Orcs look incredible and I really got the feeling that I'd be cowering if I were ever to meet one.

It felt like Garonas movie and I really enjoyed her performance.

My complaints..
    Spoiler: 
    One thing I wish had happened but only because I know the story is that they cut out all the scenes of lothars son and replaced them with Mannoroth/drinking of the demon blood. I felt ZERO connection to the son and felt nothing when he died.. The drinking of demon blood would atleast explain why Medivh is actually being used as a vessel for Sargeras.

Also wasnt too keen on the Dalaran scenes as it was a tad obscure.. and finally my last complaints would be the glowing eyes for the High Elves and Atonidas felt a little bit too much and the film needed to be 30minutes longer.

I liked the movie, and so did many friends that haven't even played a single Warcraft game. Justt look at the retards reviewing this film. Some are actually saying that they don't like games, or unrealistic things, therefor giving it a 1. It's like reviewing Star Wars and then give it a 1 because you hate futuristic things.

Also, I'm surprised it releases 2 whole weeks after EU. How come? o.O

Just watched the movie, I'd say it was good. Although its very targeted to us fans. For someone that doesn't know what warcraft is etc will be very hard to understand what is going on.

Also the plot timeline is literally non existent, I think they should have spend way more time on the plot, it felt a bit empty from time to time. Tbh I didn't understand when it was the start the middle or the end of the movie, it was just a mash up of scenes to me (it got better towards the end).
    Overall I had my doubts before going in but I wasn't disappointed, although the plot could have been a lot better to attract everyone into the warcraft universe and not only us fans.

Also yes the guy that plays khadgar is useless, they could have found someone way better to play that character which is featured throughout the movie.
    Last edited by tratra; 2016-05-30 at 02:39 AM.

Deleted
    I also keep seeing 'lore' change complaints..

I only noticed a couple and they seemed to make sense? I guess people need something to moan about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post

It's kind of silly that an account nearly 100% dedicated to Vanilla WoW topics, makes a point about the past being a better opportunity.

Just pointing out it being funny, not saying you're wrong. :P
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphoon View Post
    I liked the movie, and so did many friends that haven't even played a single Warcraft game. Justt look at the retards reviewing this film. Some are actually saying that they don't like games, or unrealistic things, therefor giving it a 1. It's like reviewing Star Wars and then give it a 1 because you hate futuristic things.

Also, I'm surprised it releases 2 whole weeks after EU. How come? o.O
    It's not just that. In some EU countries that are actually neighbours there's two week difference between release dates. It's bit of a mess. Still wouldn't call people retards for not enjoying the movie. Many of my guildies have enjoyed the movie, but I doubt I will enjoy it that much. I am not really looking forward to the movie, got low expectations.

Great that they managed to make a movie, I hope it will do well, but from what I've seen so far I think I will spend more time cringing while watching the movie than enjoying it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melra View Post

I hope it will do well, but from what I've seen so far I think I will spend more time cringing while watching the movie than enjoying it.
    I'm glad you have low expectations, I think you'll be surprised.. at least just a little.
    Theres not too many cringe worthy moments either.

Deleted
    I dont like the excessive mix of CGI and real actors. It would have been better if they go for real costumes or complete CGI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayrah View Post
    I dont like the excessive mix of CGI and real actors. It would have been better if they go for real costumes or complete CGI
    CGI humans would have made it look terrible.
    Dont really know if we have seen the same film as the CGI of the orcs even when fighting humans looked incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayrah View Post
    I agree it doesnt look like it fits in the trailers ive seen

Hopefully the majority of the movie will be better. But i think CGI orcs works because they look like warcraft orcs. Gotta take the good with the bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have been ravenously salivating to shit on this movie. And I'd imagine that some of the people that are talking shit on it haven't even seen it.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen it tonight, and I enjoyed it. I hope they keep making them, it was entertaining

Alot of those comments are about what I expected from the movie.

Some of the comments like "He uses too many fantasy tropes", are not his fault, it's just that in the end, Warcraft Lore is really bad. So of course the story was laughable, all of WoW's story is pretty bad in general.

Comparing it to Lord of the Rings is dumb .. it isn't Lord of the Rings, it's Warcraft. Lord of the Rings was one of the inspirations for medieval fantasy, Warcraft comparatively is just basically a knock off anyway.

Some of those comments are from people who obviously haven't played the games, or know the least bit about them -- but I can't argue that having opinions from that viewpoint are valuable since the greater majority of movie goers might know the name Warcraft most likely, but that's all they know.

Hell, looking the comments posted on the hype threads for this movie, it was clear most people who were so excited about going to see it, didn't even know where in the Warcraft timeline this movie was, as many of them were declaring it was obviously the current expansion WoD, because it had humans fighting orcs, which was the WoD theme "obviously".

When you take into account how many people, even WoW players, were confused over where in the timeline the movie was, you can't hope for much from other people in terms of knowing anything at all about the story or the franchise.

It looked really bad right from the start. But in the end, remember, 40% approval rating is actually fairly solid as it's rare to see movies go over 50% and most bad movies, land in the sub-15% approval rating range.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw it a couple hours ago and it was definitely a good movie.

*big spoiler* The fight scene between Durotan and Gul'dan in particular was fantastic. It was refreshing to see Gul'dan accept hand to hand combat via mak'gora even if he cheated by using his life stealing magic (which he was called out on by all of the orcs)

15+ Year Old Account
    lol this thread is still going. As of right now the movie sits at 20% with 4 good and 16 bad, was 14 yesterday. I'm pretty sure the movie could hit bellow 5% when it actually comes out but that's not what matters.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I wonder how many ticket sales were from people getting a new account in countries that had that promotion. And did you notice bot bans went out just recently?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    CGI humans would have made it look terrible.
    Dont really know if we have seen the same film as the CGI of the orcs even when fighting humans looked incredible.
    cgi has become pretty good. even in old movies like final fantasy cgi humans looked very good. or they could have used the filter method they used in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow