Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Good thing she loses to McCree incredibly badly so you could just pick him and beat her.
    Mei loses incredibly badly to anyone who can kill her before she freezes them, and frankly, many heroes can. This is evened out when we take her ulti into account, at which point she can beat most heroes 1v1, but it has one of the longest cooldowns, so there's that.

Mei is great because of her utility, but her kill potential is extremely low.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2016-05-30 at 09:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    They have used multples of several other characters. Hell they just did a 5 Tracer team. Besides, pros aren't a good representative of who is OP and who isn't.
    Thats the exact reason why they are pros because they know who is op and who isn't and how to play that character. Games that are competitive are balanced around the meta and pros are the ones who set up the meta.

If Mccree x2 does not have a real counter besides bringing your own mccree x2 or more then they will make a change. If there is a hard counter against them then it probably wont be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Really? I find Mcree piss easy to deal with.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess I've been up against bad Mcrees then...
    When some heroes get stacked in competative, the are being stacked for a reason.
    Just becasue you can handle players with less skill, doesn't mean the hero is balanced.

His damage with Fan the Hammer is just too high and he has it far too often and then we have the stun.
    Other game developers learned the hard way that stunds have no place in FPS games, at least not competative games.

He's fun to play as the average player has not figured out what he can do yet but once they do, we'll see 2-3 of him in every team and thats not going to be fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This is both incredibly stupid and naive.

McCree IS actually overpowered, so is Widowmaker, Mercy and Lucio are not really OP (Lucio probably is actually) but are basically mandatory on every map.

I honestly do not grasp how you could think McCree is balanced, even extremely high end players on twitch like Seagull agree.

Complaining about McCree is not the same thing as complaining about Bastion.
    I think it's more stupid to just listen to top streamers. I guess you dont really play the game with friends and just play solo.. then I can understand why you think McCree is OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    A well played Pharah/Mercy combination is the most rage inducing. I play Mercy anytime I can get a decent Pharah but god I hate playing against it.
    Pharah is just super squishy if you have jetpack on cd
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    havent played many mcrees

widowmaker makes my blood boil. headshots are too easy for them.

real talk, fuckin bullshit for days on weeks on months on years on decades.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Just because a character can be countered doesn't mean they are balanced. For example, some characters have multiple counters while others have very few, and for many counters the amount of effort required to counter who they are supposed to counter can vary a lot.
    Just because a character have few counters compared to other heroes doesnt mean that its OP.
    That a hero is strong, doesnt mean that its OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Really? I find Mcree piss easy to deal with.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess I've been up against bad Mcrees then...
    I mean.. flash bang -> fan the hammer, mei is dead.
    Infact, Flash bang - Fan the hammer, everyone is dead. except tanks.
    Flash bang -> fan the hammer -> roll -> fan the hammer, tank is dead too.

There are shit Mccrees around who cant hit shit without flashbang or who cant bait a defensive cd witohut using flashbang so people dont think he is THAT op, you see how strong Mccree is when the guy hits his second fan without flashbang or hits his first fan so well you are forced to pop that cd before flashbang

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Namoney View Post
    I mean.. flash bang -> fan the hammer, mei is dead.
    Infact, Flash bang - Fan the hammer, everyone is dead. except tanks.
    Flash bang -> fan the hammer -> roll -> fan the hammer, tank is dead too.
    Hey now, Winston can survive double Fan during his ultimate - which clearly proves he's a counter. Sure he'll be gunned down instantly after second reload, but still!

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Hey now, Winston can survive double Fan during his ultimate - which clearly proves he's a counter. Sure he'll be gunned down instantly after second reload, but still!
    Get the drop on McCree. If you can keep him at mid-long range he's not nearly as good. A good Phara can take him out without letting him even get one shot off...

10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing i wish for is that his E would stop still hitting you when he throws it to dalaran
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Bastion is a non issue. McCree, while not overly OP, has what I consider a poorly designed ability that in many cases is a death sentence. I'm fine with powerful abilities, but don't take away control of my character, unless it's an ultimate.

My biggest thinking for McCree really isn't a nerf, maybe it is, I don't know, but make him more skill based. If he flashbangs to your back, you don't get stunned, if it's to your side it's 1/2 duration (might let you avoid the killshot), and if in your face full duration. I do feel it's kind of stupid that he can flank you and get you full stun with a bright flash of light that doesn't hit you in the face to cause a stun. If they really wanted to nerf him only make him fire 3 shots instead of the whole clip for alt fire, but I feel that would take too much away from him. Would just be nice to make the flash have some kind of reduction in its duration depending on where he hits, kind of like Rein blocking projectiles but melee swings from another Rein or explosions from Junkrat still cause him damage. I mean hell, even if Mei gets behind you most characters have a little reaction time to escape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Pharah is just super squishy if you have jetpack on cd
    That is why I said the combo.

Deleted
    Bastion has counters, McCree does not, not directly anyway. He destroys tanks, destroys any solo ganker, destroys flankers, destroys every single hero in close range with no skill required, decent long range capability, high execution ultimate.

Why would you pick a Reaper when you can pick a McCree and guarantee easy kills and counter Reinhardts shield? Only for his ultimate realistically.

He is ludicrously OP right now. He's the only hero that has a stun disable non-ultimate other than hook maybe. He's also infuriating to play against because once you see him in close quarters and he lands his flash, you're dead, there's nothing you can do. It takes control away from the player Hearthstone-style and spits in your face.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2016-05-30 at 08:13 PM.

I havent quit a game yet, but come real close. Terrible teamwork makes me rage more than bastion. Mostly because he's not overpowered. You just suck if you think he is. Yes he can shred you fast...but there's only one map where he really shines. The rest of the maps require team strategy to allow him to shine, and even then he's easily countered.

McCree is godlike in close encounters, and cannot be countered by just anything. But when you are afar, that's quite of a different story. Same thing applies to Mei.

I personally find Torbjörn's turret almost impossible to counter except a far range snipe shot.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    Bastion has counters, McCree does not, not directly anyway. He destroys tanks, destroys any solo ganker, destroys flankers, destroys every single hero in close range with no skill required, decent long range capability, high execution ultimate.

Why would you pick a Reaper when you can pick a McCree and guarantee easy kills and counter Reinhardts shield? Only for his ultimate realistically.

He is ludicrously OP right now. He's the only hero that has a stun disable non-ultimate other than hook maybe. He's also infuriating to play against because once you see him in close quarters and he lands his flash, you're dead, there's nothing you can do. It takes control away from the player Hearthstone-style and spits in your face.
    But I bet you suck with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    But I bet you suck with him.
    You keep arguing for Mcree but the stats don't lie. The pro scene such as it is has 1-2 Mcree's in every single match. He is too good and I do expect him to be toned down a bit next patch.