Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    To be fair we will probably never see a cure for "cancer" as cancer isn't just one thing. There are thousand and one different types of cancers and each one would need a specialized cure to target it.
    Yet hepatitis, I believe, has many vaccines?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You realize the USA isn't the only country in the world, right?

In universal health care systems, being able to cure cancer/HIV rather than use expensive treatments that merely prolong the patient's life with the condition is going to result in reduced spending requirements, which is a big advantage. Particularly when they can then sell that cure to other nations.
    never mind the amount of people you would have to bribe to keep quiet about the existence of a cure. Conspiracy don't work when you have to have a thousand people in on it

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Yet hepatitis, I believe, has many vaccines?
    Yes, many vaccines for many strains of hepatitis. That goes along with exactly what I said.

There will be no one cure for cancer just like there isn't one vacinne for hepatitis.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Engineers that engineer those machines and stuff we send in space know almost nothing about the human body.

While there are more doctors than space engineers, said doctors mostly use previous knowledge to cure you. Only few try to find new cures and as we find more cures, the bacterias and viruses adapt too (it's another debate as to why, but it's also partially our fault).

Cancer as a disease, for example, is one of the diseases that's actually adapted along time and new types of cancer emerged. That said, there are ways to destroy types of cancer, the issue is that they also destroy healthy cells. You see, cancer is not an actual virus that the immune system can fight against, cancer sometimes is your cells that have mutated or even your immune system itself. We don't know how to create a cure that can differentiate between the mutated cells and the healthy ones properly yet. We've done advances... but very slow.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2016-05-30 at 03:39 PM.

I don't watch racist, fearmongering, Fox news.
    Thats so cute you think the Liberal mass media is any better

10+ Year Old Account
    But maybe they find a planet made out of cure outside in space!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Engineers that engineer those machines and stuff we send in space know almost nothing about the human body.

While there are more doctors than space engineers, said doctors mostly use previous knowledge to cure you. Only few try to find new cures and as we find more cures, the bacterias and viruses adapt too (it's another debate as to why, but it's also partially our fault).
    We need to take care of our planet here before we go fuck up another one.

The correlation you pulled out of your arse for this cracks me up.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sure OP, let's divert all our resources to one single cause. That's a good way to progress I'm sure.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again, it's possible to do both things at once. And on top of that all space agencies go through great lengths to ensure that we don't "fuck up" other planets that we explore.

Most of our technological advances came from the space program.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's why space exploration is needed, as it's extremely important help with taking care of our own planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Again, it's possible to do both things at once. And on top of that all space agencies go through great lengths to ensure that we don't "fuck up" other planets that we explore.
    I don't know, there's nothing out there worth finding anyways. I mean, the least we'll do is start another war which deals with mining meteorites and asteroids.

I don't know, there's nothing out there worth finding anyways. I mean, the least we'll do is start another war which deals with mining meteorites and asteroids.
    So, you say " I dont know" then follow it up with a definitive conclusion you cannot possibly have evidence to support......

Maybe because the two skill sets are unrelated and while it would be nice to cure all disease, the number of people with the required skills is limited? Throwing the NASA or Defense budget at disease research won't necessarily get them cured faster as long as the manpower working on them remains the same, and your average NASA or DoD worker isn't going to have a clue what to do in a bio-research lab.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Cancer makes 124.6 Billion dollars a year so you may be right but it is morally wrong.
    Cancer is also not a conventional disease brought on by a virus, there is likely no realistic cure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Has there ever been a point in human history where a society stopped all forms of progress save those in one specific field?

I mean, what do you do with all the people who are skilled in the fields being shut down?

Removing disease is not taking care of our planet. If anything, it would make it worse due to our neverending greed.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Cancer is also not a conventional disease brought on by a virus, there is likely no realistic cure.
    Chemo is a pretty realistic cure, if we could find an alternative that does the same as chemo but without killing the host in the process then we would be golden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Error: Relation not found.