Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The less lore, the better. Otherwise you'll need popup infoboxes, like in old war movies.

The movie failed to explain even basic things like who are Gul'dan and Blackhand. Screentime is too precious to waste it on lore dumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The less lore, the better. Otherwise you'll need popup infoboxes, like in old war movies.

The movie failed to explain even basic things like who are Gul'dan and Blackhand. Screentime is too precious to waste it on lore dumps.
    Nobody is going to be confused about those characters. You hear and see more than enough about them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Agree to disagree then. I just wanted my stance put in there, I don't really care to discuss "Gimli's beard was 1 inch longer in the books, zomg" purism, as I find it pointless. Although no, none of the changes made in the movie bar any of those things from happening. At all.
    Come on, dude. Are you serious? We are not talking about stuff like "oh, lothar's beard isn't white." - we are talking about the story being completely changed.

Seems like you haven't been paying attention or don't care about the lore - which is fine btw - but don't tell someone who knows his lore, that the changes didn't change pretty much everything. Hence making their job of telling the actual story even harder.
    If they want to make it a GoT kind of thing - sure. But that doesn't mean people who know how the story happened and what resulted out of these happenings later down the line wouldn't notice the (imo unnecessary) changes.

And like I said - I am not talking about shit like "oh, Khadgar didn't age". Which would have been nice to see but isn't really relevant in the long run. We are talking about stuff, that changes the whole story around. Like the Alliance being formed AFTER/BECAUSE Stormwind falls. The last remaining humans of Stormwind fleeing to Lordaeron.
    Or the fact the Orcs crushed the humans in almost every battle (the humans were only able to put a dent into them with pistols). Even tho the Horde got crushed the first time they attacked Stormwind (which doesn't even happen in the movie).
    Those aren't small changes. They are pretty huge. At least for someone who followed the story since forever now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylandra View Post
    Oh you can do WC2 based on the movie, it is just harder. What I think will be hardest is the sudden importance of the faith of the Light which has been completely ignored (for reasons I can understand) in the movie. Oh and Dragons.

You can even twist the story in a way that Gul'dan is/becomes the Lich King. You can have Garona join the party with Khadgar etc. going to Outland.
    "It's just harder", yes. Which is what I said. They made it more difficult for imo no reason but to change shit. But sure, if you do it like you described it would be a work-around. Imo not needed but it could happen.
    Last edited by mmoc8d59f12786; 2016-05-30 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    Come on, dude. Are you serious? We are not talking about stuff like "oh, lothar's beard isn't white." - we are talking about the story being completely changed.

Seems like you haven't been paying attention or don't care about the lore - which is fine btw - but don't tell someone who knows his lore, that the changes didn't change pretty much everything. Hence making their job of telling the actual story even harder.
    If they want to make it a GoT kind of thing - sure. But that doesn't mean people who know how the story happened and what resulted out of these happenings later down the line wouldn't notice the (imo unnecessary) changes.

And like I said - I am not talking about shit like "oh, Khadgar didn't age". Which would have been nice to see but isn't really relevant in the long run. We are talking about stuff, that changes the whole story around. Like the Alliance being formed AFTER/BECAUSE Stormwind falls. The last remaining humans of Stormwind fleeing to Lordaeron.
    Or the fact the Orcs crushed the humans in almost every battle (the humans were only able to put a dent into them with pistols). Even tho the Horde got crushed the first time they attacked Stormwind (which doesn't even happen in the movie).
    Those aren't small changes. They are pretty huge. At least for someone who followed the story since forever now.
    I don't see how any of those changes matter in the slightest. Name one thing that doesn't or can't happen because of them.

Have you seen the movie or are you just unknowingly making yourself look silly?

Ner'zhul is only important to introduce if you made a Beyond the Dark Portal movie (or two movies maybe). Tell me why I'm wrong.
    I dunno, it has something to do with entire backstory of everything happening.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I dunno, it has something to do with entire backstory of everything happening.
    Glad we agree then.

Glad we agree then.
    If by agreement you admit being wrong on everything, sure.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    If by agreement you admit being wrong on everything, sure.
    We agree that you don't know.

Nobody is going to be confused about those characters.
    It is unclear who commands whom and on which authority.