Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    If you feel empathy for animals but not humans then im pretty sure you CAN feel empathy just not for people for whatever reason.
    Empathy is the ability the share the feelings of another. If you think animals experience same depth of human emotion, love, hate, joy, suffering, then I pity your deluded perception of reality. A truly empathetic person would more easily recognize and associate with the feelings of his own species long before an animal. Saying someone can only be empathetic to an animal, rather than a human, is an illusion, excusing legitimate antisocial behavior.

7+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations, you are everything that is wrong with society. Do you understand that the definition of a psychopath is someone that is unable to experience empathy? Are you coming out of the psychopath closet or something? It sure sounds like it, making comments like that.
    Please, just because i don´t give a shit about some random dumb child (or adult if it would have been that) i´m an psychopath?
    But good to know now i know what to say if i decide to go on a killing spree i just point them at you saying: Yeah he said i´m a psychopath i just couldn´t do anything against it (sarcasm if it´s not clear enough).
    Last edited by Tabrotar; 2016-05-30 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erudean View Post
    Empathy is the ability the share the feelings of another. If you think animals experience same depth of human emotion, love, hate, joy, suffering, than I pity your deluded perception of reality. A truly empathetic person would more easily recognize and associate with the feelings of his own species long before an animal. Saying someone can only be empathetic to an animal, rather than a human, is an illusion, excusing legitimate antisocial behavior.
    Guess i broke that shit right away as i feel more for animals then most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    How many Gorillas have killed human children?
    If the goal was to get me to double down on hoping you are never in that sort of position, this answer would do it. base rate fallacy, the struggle is real. I mean, the interactions between adult gorillas and human children occur at a similar frequency as those between adult humans and human children, right?

Doesn't sheer physiology and animal psychology answer this for you? Gorillas are, per internet, 6-15 times stronger than humans. Their casual physical contact or incidental contact is going to risk greater exertion of force and torque than a humans would. HuMaN cHiLdReN aRe NoT aS sTuRdY aS gOrIlLaS. What is the malfunction with you?

Death sentence?
    He was fine the whole time, at most he got a little sprain when he got surfed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay I think I have a solution. We kill the gorilla, the kid, the parents, and the zookeeper then rape their corpses to set an example. I think it's a pretty good plan guys?
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-05-30 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stasso View Post
    Edit: I am done, honestly this makes me sick that anyone thinks outside of the safety for the child. This is why we have mass killings, fucking blind eye to genocides, fucking apathy.
    People thinking an animal belonging to an endangered species is linked to mass killings? Prove it.

Humans being the shitbags that they tend to be. More news at 11.

The stupid child should be taken into foster care and the mother should be arrested for neglect.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    People thinking an animal belonging to an endangered species is linked to mass killings? Prove it.
    No the thought that allows you to think that an animal is worth protecting more than a human is the same line of thought the leads to genocide and the general human shit we witness. The fact people feel more for an animal than the child is why we have such indifference to actual crimes. Stop it. You are entitled internet user who doesn't realize the shit world we would live in if we didn't put our own species first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atreuce View Post
    Children shouldn't suffer by living with parents who are drug attics, or in foster care/homes getting beat, or starving to death because their parents dont quality, or are just homeless.

Bring a gorilla in the mix, and oh woes the children let us care about this now cause its in our faces.

I feel bad for the gorilla, and the zoo keepers.
    I agree with all your points. Was just clarifying that I understood why the gorilla was put down. Not that I agreed with the fact that it needed to die.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

The mother should go to prison.

Deleted

lel

lol that first comment is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Nobody's denying parental negligence here.

The question OP asked what people feel about the incident and the guy I was quoting implied that they shouldn't have shot the gorilla and let the kid die because humans aren't endangered, which, quite frankly, is an abhorrent thing to say. I'm fairly confident this doofus wouldn't think that way if it was his 3 year old child.
    I know. I'm saying that the hypothetical is inapplicable for some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted

All this race-baiting to "prove" white privilege is kinda funny though

Why can't zoos take a page from a real Zoo like the one in Columbus and have enclosures that are either at ground level with a moat/deep hole between you and the animals or if it is a raised platform have a 8 foot glass barrier you and the exhibit? The only exhibit I can think of at the Columbus Zoo you can fall into is the Heart of Africa exhibit that is like a 20 acre recreation of the African savanna of the none aggressive animals.

Like I am not going to be a bleeding heart liberal they probably had to shoot the animal but still the parents need to be fine and the Zoo needs to look at upgrading their security features. Honestly I am going to blame more of this on the Zoo than anything.

Once the kid fell in it, it was done... gorilla had to be taken out. I mean come on, just becuase the kids parents are nuts and unfit for parenting shouldnt mean the kid has to pay with its life

however, the now parents have to pay with their wallet... the zoo should be compensated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It' unfortunate but it had to be done.
    No it didn't have to be done. What they did is so wrong on so many levels, he did nothing wrong after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I mean come on, just becuase the kids parents are nuts and unfit
    You wouldn't want those genes to survive and spread anyway.

There are plenty of other kids around, it's the Gorilla that's endangered. They shot the wrong animal.