Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    please dont even come to visit europe , you sound really retarded

Infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-05-30 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Every German has been on vacation to Tirol at least once in their lives. Even Mallorca doesn't come anywhere close.
    Don't exaggerate now.
    I know a LOT of Germans, and very few of them ever went there. Most passed through on their way to Italy.
    It's a wonderful landscape, but that's all there is to it.
    That part is for retired people who want to enjoy a quiet vacation in the alps region.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I've never been out of Canada. How do you visit a continent with hundreds of languages that don't even speak english. Why isn't english universal in europe? My french is so/so , so france would be okay to visit I suppose.
    Most folks in the EU speak english not sure why you think they don't as nearly all schools teach multiple languages from early age.
    Here in The Netherlands they start teaching english in schools at age 10 or 11 this combined with TV as here they use subtitles and not dubbing and well almost everyone speaks it.
    Think it is safe to say that 90% of all kids in Europe learn english at some point in their education and most learn more.
    I remember having dutch, english, german, french when I was in school.

Now people refusing to speak english in Europe (waving at the French here) now that is a whole different story.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Deleted
    Every German has been on vacation to Tirol at least once in their lives. Even Mallorca doesn't come anywhere close.
    Elaborate please. I really don't know what you mean. People here are friendly and you have probably the prettiest landscape of whole Austria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Elaborate please. I really don't know what you mean. People here are friendly and you have probably the prettiest landscape of whole Austria.
    Nothing wrong with that place, just noted that Germans can't really handle climates that are different from that of Central Europe. You should hear them complain about "heat" when it gets anywhere above 20-25 degrees.

'Murica and the UK brought Europe enough freedom to where they speak English instead of German or Russian
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    'Murica and the UK brought Europe enough freedom to where they speak English instead of German or Russian
    "Murica" itself came close to speaking German. The vote was very close to 50-50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with that place, just noted that Germans can't really handle climates that are different from that of Central Europe. You should hear them complain about "heat" when it gets anywhere above 20-25 degrees.
    Is that why the top 10 vacation destinations of the Germans are in rather hot parts?

Just because you've heard one or even a few complain about something doesn't mean all 80 million are the same.
    Your generalization doesn't come across now very intelligent. I think you can do better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Is that why the top 10 vacation destinations of the Germans are in rather hot parts?

Just because you've heard one or even a few complain about something doesn't mean all 80 million are the same.
    Your generalization doesn't come across now very intelligent. I think you can do better.
    64 million you mean, the others are immigrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a matter of an acclimatization period with the individuals you've encountered, and nothing about where someone is from. If they've stayed a while in a region that regularly gets ~35 to 40c, eventually that would start feeling normal even to them.

Come to Ireland, we speak Leprechaunese. It's mandatory to speak fast and in a high pitched tone.

10+ Year Old Account
    64 million you mean, the others are immigrants.
    Okay, I give up...
    I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but there really isn't more intellect lol

If you really wanna play stupid, then it would be about 73 million and 8.2 mio foreign residents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I've never been out of Canada. How do you visit a continent with hundreds of languages that don't even speak english. Why isn't english universal in europe? My french is so/so , so france would be okay to visit I suppose.
    A lot of Europeans speak or understand english, the french are a little reluctant ... you know they were a big thing .... some hundreds of years ago xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    A lot of Europeans speak or understand english, the french are a little reluctant ... you know they were a big thing .... some hundreds of years ago xD
    be nice to them.. They're reluctant with English, given they've been at war with England once for 116 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Okay, I give up...
    I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but there really isn't more intellect lol

If you really wanna play stupid, then it would be about 73 million and 8.2 mio foreign residents.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Germany

German[44] 80.0 65,550,000
    Polish 1.9 1,543,000
    Italian 1.0 830,000
    Romanian 0.5 489,000
    Greek 0.5 403,000
    Other EU member states (primarily Spanish, Croatian, Dutch, Portuguese and Austrians) 2.9 2,362,000
    European Other 4.8 3,928,000
    Russian 1.5 1,213,000
    Others (primarily former Yugoslavian, excluding Croatia and Slovenia) 3.3 2,715,000
    Middle Eastern/North Africa 4.5 3,711,000
    Turkish (including Turkish Kurds) 3.7 2,998,000
    Arabic 0.6 500,000
    Others (primarily Iranian) 0.2 220,000
    Sub-Saharan African (primarily Nigerian and Ghanaian) 1.0 817,000
    East/Southeast Asian 0.9 778,000
    Chinese 0.3 200,000
    Vietnamese 0.2 150,000
    Others (primarily Indians, Thai and Pakistani) 0.4 428,000
    North/Central/South American (primarily American and Brazilian) 0.5 416,000
    Other background (primarily Australian and Oceanic) 0.1 46,000
    Mixed or unspecified background 1.5 1,208,000
    Total population 100 82,031,000

65,550,000 and not a single one more. Must be you who's playing stupid, huh?
    It's really sad when only 80% of your inhabitants are natives.

Compare that to France which has a far higher percentage of natives.

French
    89.7%
    French (by acquisition)
    4.4%
    Foreigners
    5.9%
    Immigrants
    8.6%
    Last edited by mmoce2d1b37428; 2016-05-30 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Germany

German[44] 80.0 65,550,000
    Polish 1.9 1,543,000
    Italian 1.0 830,000
    Romanian 0.5 489,000
    Greek 0.5 403,000
    Other EU member states (primarily Spanish, Croatian, Dutch, Portuguese and Austrians) 2.9 2,362,000
    European Other 4.8 3,928,000
    Russian 1.5 1,213,000
    Others (primarily former Yugoslavian, excluding Croatia and Slovenia) 3.3 2,715,000
    Middle Eastern/North Africa 4.5 3,711,000
    Turkish (including Turkish Kurds) 3.7 2,998,000
    Arabic 0.6 500,000
    Others (primarily Iranian) 0.2 220,000
    Sub-Saharan African (primarily Nigerian and Ghanaian) 1.0 817,000
    East/Southeast Asian 0.9 778,000
    Chinese 0.3 200,000
    Vietnamese 0.2 150,000
    Others (primarily Indians, Thai and Pakistani) 0.4 428,000
    North/Central/South American (primarily American and Brazilian) 0.5 416,000
    Other background (primarily Australian and Oceanic) 0.1 46,000
    Mixed or unspecified background 1.5 1,208,000
    Total population 100 82,031,000

65,550,000 and not a single one more. Must be you who's playing stupid, huh?
    maybe post relevant links?

That's an official government source:
    https://www.destatis.de/DE/PresseSer...097_12521.html

Press Release No. 097, 03.16.2015.
    Number of foreigners in Germany at the end 2014 at 8.2 million
    Other numbers do not exist yet.
    Now deduct 8.2 mio from 82 million, how much you got left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    Most people from the UK and US are reluctant when it comes to speaking French - while being in France - too, though.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, Eastern Austria usually gets even higher temperatures than Tirol. :3

Because Patriotism and Self-Culture, can't really expect the Germans to ditch German for English, likewise for the French and Spanish etc.

Also I'm pretty much every 'major' European country has English taught (mandatory?) in schools anyway. I haven't met a single German who wouldn't speak to me in English, the French are a bit reluctant on it though. :P
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-05-30 at 07:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    To be fair, Eastern Austria usually gets even higher temperatures than Tirol. :3
    Yeah, easily between 30°C and 40°C during a hot sommer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    What's the mandatory language for people in UK schools? French I hope.