10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Look on the bright side, they're going to Lordaeron, a city that, unlike Stormwind, will never, ever, fall.

Ever.
    "It is indestructible. The Old Gods themselves could not break this city." (kudos if you know the reference I just made) XD

Got around to see it now. Not that bad actually, but no great film either. The thing I consider to be the major flaw is that several plot points feel rushed, like they tried to cram to much in there and some stuff didn't seem plausible in the short time frame. It was also quite cliché-ridden, and some wooden acting. Not too shabby though, hope it does well so we get a sequel. The bigger problems can be avoided with the universe and characters already established so a sequel has some potential I think. I thought it would be better when Duncan got the helm of the project, then my expectations was considerably lowered after watching trailers and reading reviews. Thought it was better than many of the reviews make it out to be, though. The CGI was quite impressive in my opinion, the orcs were really well made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    The film jumps around alot and has a few too many characters.
    8-10 characters really isn't a lot. The Fellowship of the Ring had a few more.

Unrelated: On Metacritic, Warcraft has 3 60 ratings as opposed to that one 10 rating. Seems they're starting to be a bit more rational.

Also, as someone who has to do quite a lot of mathematics every day, I am at a complete loss as to how 10, 25, 35, 5 times 40, 50, 58 and 2 times 60 translates to an average of 36.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post

Unrelated: On Metacritic, Warcraft has 3 60 ratings as opposed to that one 10 rating. Seems they're starting to be a bit more rational.

Also, as someone who has to do quite a lot of mathematics every day, I am at a complete loss as to how 10, 25, 35, 5 times 40, 50, 58 and 2 times 60 translates to an average of 36.
    I think that has to do with Metacritic not actually averaging out the scores. Reviews from some places have more "weight" to them than others, which in turn makes them valued more than reviews from elsewhere. The system is pretty messed up to say the least. Always hated that website because of how it operates.

"I think the problem is that the Warcraft series has always had a lot of humour mixed in, from Monty Python quoted to Paris Hilton jokes. Make the film without it and you kinda miss the point of the franchise."
    What. The actually. F*ck?! The Warcraft universe isn't meant to be a comedy! What are these people smooking, seriously?!

And I just figured something out... these reviews aren't judging the movie for what it is, they are judging the movie for what it isn't...

WHAT. THE. FUCK!

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    What. The actually. F*ck?! The Warcraft universe isn't meant to be a comedy! What are these people smooking, seriously?!
    They're conflating questing experience with actual lore. What else can you say, they're idiots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobie View Post
    I liked both of them.

- - - Updated - - -

She dont need need to read anything. just explain the very basics on the way in.
    Alright I hated Interstellar so I dont think I would like the warcraft movie at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delina View Post
    Yeah you are right, but didn't we read something along the lines, Alice will be huge in the US? what ever. I will be very happy beeing part of Warcraft in cinema.
    Because what ever happens, you should watch the moive in cinema, cgi ( by ILM) alone should be a buy ticketoption.
    Obvious i havnt seen the movie, but i do hope for a sequell. Duncan wants to make another 2 before retire. Lets make that happen plox, he is a true fan, he deserves another movie.! ;D
    Well, the movie is still in the cinemas, so it will take a while before we know how well Alice 2 will do. Still, this sequel does not seem nearly as hyped as the original, which was a massive box office hit. It might not flop, but I hardly think it will reach the 1 billion mark like Alice 1.

I am really hoping for a sequel as well, or at the very least a Director's Cut of this movie.

They're conflating questing experience with actual lore. What else can you say, they're idiots.
    One good danish reviewer said that a good movie can have a lot of things, cool CGI and cool characters. But the most important thing it needs is a good story.

What these people want is a comedy movie with jokes about Paris Hilton and a movie that has 0 story, but is just a video showing the world and jokes!? Heck they make it sound like they just want gameplay shown!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    Guys who saw the film, i didnt understood one moment, maybe you explain me
    What was actually with Medivh? We all know already that warcraft movie is new universe, and we cant be sure that Medivh was under control of Sargeras. Before he died he said some stuff about that loneliness did that to him or something like that, cant remember exactly. So did he became mad because of sitting alone in Karazhan and then his soul was corrupted with fel, or was it rly demon, Sargeras? What do you think?
    in the lore medivh is corrupted by sargeras, that hasnt changed in the film as far as i know. in the last guardian im pretty sure he talked about how the loneliness of being a guardian and the magical qualities of karazhan had something to do with it
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account

It averages at about 38 but yeah not stellar...

Deleted

And I just figured something out... these reviews aren't judging the movie for what it is, they are judging the movie for what it isn't...

WHAT. THE. FUCK!
    Yeah i don't understand these guys, i have played the game for 10 years and where is the the actually main story ever funny? Also in the movie there is enough "funny things to make the movie not take itself to seriously. The cinema i went to had a lot of laughs during several scenes like Lothar looking like he is going to help khadgar then just leaves him there, thrall many times espescially the roaring, the horse throwing, the murloc, the polymorh, garona/khadgar/lothar at the fire talking about orc sex and more. If someone is expecting a comedy from something called WARcraft i think know what

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    41. /10char

Deleted
    I got it to 41, still not a big change that 10/100 really seems to weigh alot in the rating...

I get pissed that people say there isn't humor in this movie. And so what if there isn't humor in it? Its a freaking invasion and there is a war going on! How the heck can that be turned into a comedy by these reviewer's eyes?

Ugh, these people. And some people are even listening to them, oh holy god... go watch the movie yourself and stop judging a movie by fucked up reviewers who would rather see a comedy Warcraft movie than one that is actually trying to be serious and having a good story!

10+ Year Old Account
    41. /10char
    Hmm you're right, dunno how I got 38 the first time xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Oh look, another little pillock thinking he's smart by comparing Warcraft to LotR.
    https://twitter.com/WorldOfBlackout/...49887776428032
    That's not a review. That's just someone taking a shit and praising the creativity in which he did it. Reviewing movies should be about the movie and not about how much the critic loves himself and can pull off puns that show how very little he even focussed on the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uthar View Post
    I got it to 41, still not a big change that 10/100 really seems to weigh alot in the rating...
    That guy is said to be an established "high profile critic" even though it seems that he went in biased and thought up puns for his review while not paying much attention to what's going on in the movie.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2016-05-30 at 09:02 PM.

WHAT. THE. FUCK!

It is too late to piss on these reviews. Blizzard has this really strong love/hate fan base and these reviews are pushing lot of fan away. It is not surprising to read comments like "why is this even a movie"..It is amazing how many Russians saw this movie just for DOTA! No wonder movie is under-performing in US so badly..

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm you're right, dunno how I got 38 the first time xD
    Happens to us all, I think I got 42 first time 'round.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    No wonder movie is under-performing in US so badly..
    The movie is not even out in the US yet, smart guy