10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I didn't even know you were hit by a truck.
    same, but glad they are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I didn't even know you were hit by a truck.
    was walking home new years and got rammed in the back then flew 20 ft

luckily i only broke my hand
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you've never even read a book with miles in it who gives a fuck what you think of the character.
    Don't ask for opinions then if you don't want to hear them.
    Since there aren't a lot of people that know whoever the fuck you were talking about to begin with.

It must really sting when people still want a Peter Parker/Spiderman movie done just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Don't ask for opinions then if you don't want to hear them.
    Since there aren't a lot of people that know whoever the fuck you were talking about to begin with.

It must really sting when people still want a Peter Parker/Spiderman movie done just right.
    you dont have an opinion.

you've never read any of his books.

ive never read the hobbit or seen the hobbit movies. the hobbit is shit.

nobody gives a fuck what i say about the hobbit.

nobody gives a fuck what you think about miles.

and yes, there are alot of people who know who miles is. he has one of the most popular comic books, hes a regular on the current spider-man cartoon, hes in the new lego marvel games and he has alot of toys and branded items out right now for children.

kids know who miles morales is. this is an animated movie.

my 5 year old nephew knows who miles is an hes never read a comic book.

he knows hes a spider-man and he knows hes from an alternate universe than peter parker because they had a long spider-verse event on ultimate spider-man, and then starting this season with web warriors they now have miles, agent venom/flash, and kaine parker/scarlet spider (although this might be ben reily wearing kaines costume) all in a team, with miles trapped on peters earth, and no explanation yet for who scarlet spider is except hes been living in the sewers in secret.

you can walk into walmart and buy a miles morales action figure, you can go into a gas station and buy a kool aid with miles head on it. go into the toy isle and theres just as many miles toys as there are peter parker toys.

- - - Updated - - -

for any adults who dont know who miles is, doesnt matter. takes 10 seconds to explain that peter parker died a hero and miles took up the name because he had powers and never used them and felt guilty about it.

- - - Updated - - -

and having the animated movie be an alternate universe means they can have their cake and eat it too.

have the original, one of the best legacy origins ever ultimate version of miles.

and then also later on have the live action secret wars reboot version of miles alongside peter.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Immitis acting as judge, jury and executioner again on all superhero content I see. Fun times...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Immitis acting as judge, jury and executioner again on all superhero content I see. Fun times...
    shadowferal is a massive hipster who does nothing but bitch about anything thats come out after his childhood while repeatedly stating hes never read anything since then.

hes the equivalent of someone who hasnt played a nintendo game in 20 years trying to say the latest zelda game sucks despite never playing it.

shadowferal is a massive hipster who does nothing but bitch about anything thats come out after his childhood while repeatedly stating hes never read anything since then.

hes the equivalent of someone who hasnt played a nintendo game in 20 years trying to say the latest zelda game sucks despite never playing it.
    Theres plenty of hipster/troll/w/e you want to call them posters here and on any internet forum. Everyone is entitled to an opinion however wrong or right it is. And tbh spiderman, batman, superman its all the same shit. Just trying to target a market and make money, hopefully a lot of money so who really cares. You either enjoy it and spend your money or don't. Thats all it is. It isn't anything more than entertainment and a business.

Its like the levels of butt hurt over Cap America and Hail hydra. Don't buy the comic if it offends you so greatly. But people will still buy and complain anyway so eh.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-05-31 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Theres plenty of hipster/troll/w/e you want to call them posters here and on any internet forum. Everyone is entitled to an opinion however wrong or right it is. And tbh spiderman, batman, superman its all the same shit. Just trying to target a market and make money, hopefully a lot of money so who really cares. You either enjoy it and spend your money or don't. Thats all it is. It isn't anything more than entertainment and a business.

Its like the levels of butt hurt over Cap America and Hail hydra. Don't buy the comic if you offends you so greatly. But people will still buy and complain anyway so eh.
    the thing is most of the people in this thread complaining about hydra cap read comics. whether you agree with them or not they have an informed opinion.

shadowferal is just a hipster. we couldve made the whole hydra cap thing up and he'd be none the wiser

Hmf...I'm sure "someone" thought that Captain America as Hydra... was a great idea...

I have in the past purchased comic books long after they've been written for the simple reason that they were written well. (Typically in a book store, where I am reading something that I enjoy.)

That said, it's been a long time since I heard of anything that read well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Indeed. The main reason MarvelFlix is so popular is because the shows are TOP quality.

That's my main worry when they announce things like the full defenders line up PLUS Punisher, Moon Knight, Blade and Ghost Rider... Are they biting off more than they can chew? I don't want the quality to go down just so they can bring us more characters.
    Yeah i wouldnt mind seeing an alternate group with their own stories with all the supernatural shit like blade, ghostrider and whatnot in their own little group, with maybe daredevil popping in for a cameo or for a role in a story arc or something, but the netflix series are good enough that they dont need more names to get bank

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    The Avengers' signatures on the accords were the current Avengers members formally agreeing to abide by those accords. It still applies to those who didn't sign (i.e. if you didn't agree, you don't get away with being a vigilante anymore), and it's still the law of the land for every other enhanced out there.
    whoah hold on...

What does this mean for the netflix line-up?

JJ has been pretty nonchallant about her super powers "i dont advertise but i dont hide it", so would she be considered a criminal now? I mean DD is just a vigilante who breaks the law to begin with, but he already hides his identity

I wonder if the accords will infiltrate the netflix series, would be an awesome way to tie the movies and netflix series together in an organic way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    That newsman guy who hates Spider-Man, why doesn't he also want to go after Daredevil and other "vigilantes"?
    JJ, i really hope they get simmons back and use him in spiderman and also give him cameos in the netflix series!

TBH, most of the street heroes are just getting recognition, and the accords have only been signed in civil war, so we could hopefully see him pop up and stir the pot

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Yeah i wouldnt mind seeing an alternate group with their own stories with all the supernatural shit like blade, ghostrider and whatnot in their own little group, with maybe daredevil popping in for a cameo or for a role in a story arc or something, but the netflix series are good enough that they dont need more names to get bank

- - - Updated - - -

whoah hold on...

What does this mean for the netflix line-up?

JJ has been pretty nonchallant about her super powers "i dont advertise but i dont hide it", so would she be considered a criminal now? I mean DD is just a vigilante who breaks the law to begin with, but he already hides his identity

I wonder if the accords will infiltrate the netflix series, would be an awesome way to tie the movies and netflix series together in an organic way

- - - Updated - - -

JJ, i really hope they get simmons back and use him in spiderman and also give him cameos in the netflix series!

TBH, most of the street heroes are just getting recognition, and the accords have only been signed in civil war, so we could hopefully see him pop up and stir the pot
    hes commissioner gordon in the upcoming batman film. so he likely has a non compete clause that will prevent him from playing jj again.

hes commissioner gordon in the upcoming batman film. so he likely has a non compete clause that will prevent him from playing jj again.
    nooo! hes not supposed to be helping heroes!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Rumor of Agent Carter possibly moving to Netflix: http://exstreamist.com/rumor-netflix...iginal-series/
    ....lets hope they dont pick it up and let it just die in grace....

- - - Updated - - -

was walking home new years and got rammed in the back then flew 20 ft
    luckily i only broke my hand
    way to derail mcu thread. 100 points!

This shouldn't have to be said, but I'll say it just so everyone knows. People are entitled to their opinions. You are allowed to agree or disagree. Dismissing people's opinion and telling them they can't have one isn't something that goes over well. If you disagree with them, then convey why you disagree with them in a rational explanation that doesn't turn into any wars. We are all fans of various Marvel content here. We won't always see eye to eye on things and that's fine. Just because someone hasn't seen/read something doesn't mean they can't have an opinion on it. From what they know/heard they might have already formed an opinion on it. If you feel they should have a different opinion then please explain to them what makes it a good idea or such and possibly encourage them to read/watch the content in question.

Just remember, we are all fans of the content in various forms so let's try to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    ....lets hope they dont pick it up and let it just die in grace....
    See, I'm one of those people who were in the camp of enjoying the show. Could it have been better? Sure, but that doesn't dismiss the opinion that I did enjoy it. I hope Netflix does pick it up and explore any storylines that could set up future plots for the TV Series or movies. Along with ending the show in the actual setup of S.H.I.E.L.D. that compliments the One Shot done.

He's a great actor so I'm sure he'll do well, but he absolutely nailed J Jonah Jameson. Big shoes to fill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    He's a great actor so I'm sure he'll do well, but he absolutely nailed J Jonah Jameson. Big shoes to fill.
    Eh. He's a pretty good actor, but that role was total camp. I want nothing like that in the MCU. That's sorta why the Spidey movies have never been great. You think, Willem Dafoe as Osborn should be the most genius role ever...except it was also total camp and 100% crazy so it went overboard. They were trying to make literal adaptations of comics to screen without taking into account how it would actually feel to experience.

That's why the MCU works. Sure, it still has summer blockbuster levels of film...but it's going for Shakespearian instead of camp.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    See, I'm one of those people who were in the camp of enjoying the show. Could it have been better? Sure, but that doesn't dismiss the opinion that I did enjoy it. I hope Netflix does pick it up and explore any storylines that could set up future plots for the TV Series or movies. Along with ending the show in the actual setup of S.H.I.E.L.D. that compliments the One Shot done.
    Season 1 had a lot of problems, but also had some fun stuff. If Agent Carter had been like 4 episodes, squishing all the blahness of the first few episodes into one, it really started going with the Howling Commandos. By then of course it had already lost most of the casual audience.

OTOH, while Netflix does have some variety in shows, their Marvel stuff is a bit too dark for what I'd want from Agent Carter. A fast paced snappy action series would be fun.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Eh. He's a pretty good actor, but that role was total camp. I want nothing like that in the MCU. That's sorta why the Spidey movies have never been great. You think, Willem Dafoe as Osborn should be the most genius role ever...except it was also total camp and 100% crazy so it went overboard. They were trying to make literal adaptations of comics to screen without taking into account how it would actually feel to experience.

That's why the MCU works. Sure, it still has summer blockbuster levels of film...but it's going for Shakespearian instead of camp.
    I disagree. I think the best part of the old spidey films was definately simmons spot on JJJ and molina's doc oc! but he could play that role exactly the same way and fit seamlessly into the MCU and it wouldnt feel weird at all.

Be fun to see interactions between Stark and JJJ after spidey joins the avengers.

Also all the marvel films tend to deal with heavy themes but there still light hearted, funny and very fun.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    molina's doc oc! but he could play that role exactly the same way and fit seamlessly into the MCU and it wouldnt feel weird at all.
    That was a terrible Dr. Octopus. Beyond awful. And Simmons playing the same role in the same way in the MCU would be shattering to the serious, but playful tone they have established. The first disagreement is a matter of personal taste, so you are free to that liberty. The second however, is objective film theory. It's not the same tone, nor the same writing. It would stick out like a sore thumb.
    BAD WOLF

I thought Doc Oc was great in spiderman 2. I actually really liked that film.