Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Its Great To See Youtube Finally Put Their Foot Down!

Finally Youtube is going after pirates. Its starting with attacking Tubeninja. Hopefully they get shutdown along with youtube to mp3, Youtube Downloader and all the others. Hopefully the sue all the people that run those sites for every penny they have. Im so sick and tired of pirates.

https://consumerist.com/2016/05/31/y...wnload-videos/

Most of us are perfectly happy with going to YouTube and streaming that clip of Pookie being exhorted — in language that is not safe for work — to lay waste to his place of work, but some folks may want to watch this video offline, or do some tinkering with the clip. Some YouTube videos are available for download, but most are not, which is why people turn to services that allow you to get your own copy of a streaming video. YouTube, not surprisingly, is not a fan of such services and is dangling the threat of legal action against at least one.

TorrentFreak reports on a legal letter sent to the folks at TubeNinja, a service that lets users download videos from YouTube, Vine, Vimeo, and others.

Is this really considered pirating nowadays?

Orlong being sick and tired over anything is usually a good indication that it's not worth being sick and tired over.

Nothing wrong with pirates. They're going after filthy ninjas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Is this really considered pirating nowadays?
    You're taking the uploaders property without their consent and denying them both control over it and income from it. Yes, it's pirating.

Now, if only YouTube could get their shit together with all the false DMCA-claims you hear about.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

now if only i dont have to use an ADBLOCK für youtube so i may again enjoy Videos without something im not interested to see

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you like censorship so much, Orlong? Assuming you are serious, of course...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Why do you like censorship so much, Orlong? Assuming you are serious, of course...
    Its not censorship to deny people the right to watch something they didnt pay for. Censorship is altering the original content to keep people from seeing it. You can watch anything you want to on youtube uncensored. You just have to pay for it either through a Youtube red subscription or by watching an ad. You do NOT have a the right to download something that the creator doesnt want you to download and then watch it offline providing them with no revenue, nor are you to reuse the video by uploading it to another site where they wont be compensated or altering it

10+ Year Old Account
    Stealing music from youtube is piss easy, just need one cable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its not censorship to deny people the right to watch something they didnt pay for. Censorship is altering the original content to keep people from seeing it. You can watch anything you want to on youtube uncensored. You just have to pay for it either through a Youtube red subscription or by watching an ad. You do NOT have a the right to download something that the creator doesnt want you to download and then watch it offline providing them with no revenue, nor are you to reuse the video by uploading it to another site where they wont be compensated or altering it
    As an Internet user with a free browser that lets me access any content I can find freely online, I should be able to watch anything I can find by browsing. I have the right to download anything I can find; it is the people who upload the illegal content for everyone to see who should be targeted, not the users.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally Youtube is going after pirates. Its starting with attacking Tubeninja. Hopefully they get shutdown along with youtube to mp3, Youtube Downloader and all the others. Hopefully the sue all the people that run those sites for every penny they have. Im so sick and tired of pirates.

You do realize there are about two hundred and fifty million youtube to MP3/Video converter sites out there, and they will NEVER all be shut down. Peoples misunderstanding of the internet in 2016 hurts my brain.

Oh and hows that Piratebay shut down going?
    L-O-fucking-L

Adblock.

I forgot youtube even had ads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    This changes absolutely nothing. It's a similar situation to torrent sites, you take one down, it gains publicity, 10 more appear. Not only that but the script can be downloaded and hosted yourself extremely easily, there's even browser extensions to do it. This issue has been going on for a while, back in the days when you would go searching the cache folder for the .flv file and then just put it into a program to rip the audio out of it.

Am I in anyway saying this is right? I'm not, but will this stop anyone doing it? No it won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmh I've used YTtoMP3 a few times for very hard to find songs (quality is "meh", but at least it's something). But I've never downloaded a YT video. Like, what would you download? 0.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Adblock.

I forgot youtube even had ads.
    I believe using adblock makes you a thief (a scumbag at a minimum) as well because your browser isnt displaying those ads which means the website isnt making money from you. IF everyone used adblock, the internet would likely either go away ot you would have to pay a monthly subscription to every site

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe using adblock makes you a thief (a scumbag at a minimum) as well because your browser isnt displaying those ads which means the website isnt making money from you. IF everyone used adblock, the internet would likely either go away ot you would have to pay a monthly subscription to every site
    Reported, name calling etc...

Good thing it's like voting third party. Not enough do it to matter.

And I don't know about youtube specifically, but most sites only make money if people click the ads (it's the most prevalent model). In which case, they aren't losing any money from me: because I don't click ads as a matter of principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    You mean the corrupting influences which have poisoned the internet have been dealt a blow by valiant forces?

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah this is the problem with youtube and not the fact that i can DMCA anyone and not suffer any consequences...
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!