Deleted
    Btw Can any one explain why the Iron Man series has good reviews? Every time I see Robert Downey Jnr's smug drug-addled face I want to smash it in. I don't see how any of those movies were better than WC.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    After months of hardly any coverage and negativity anytime they mentioned it? How interesting.

7.0 Good
    While a bit bloated at times, Warcraft stands out with its character-focused approach and some stunning visual effects.
    Leigh Singer 31 May 2016

+Character-focused storytelling
    +Stunning orc VFX
    +Unafraid to take risks with characters

-Information overload
    -Some uninspired casting

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Btw Can any one explain why the Iron Man series has good reviews? Every time I see Robert Downey Jnr's smug drug-addled face I want to smash it in. I don't see how any of those movies were better than WC.
    Probably because they had better script writing, better pacing, better mixture of special effects to real life when it comes to joining the two onscreen as well as character development and thats before you get into how much the general audience loves superhero movies. The CGI alone was never enough to sell warcraft on. Good cGI is a dime a dozen these days. Sure it's going to get mentioned as not sucking but I'd say most people expect it not to these days.

Your dislike of RDJ doesn't mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Surprise level: 0.0%.

We all knew this was going to be a dud from the very beginning. It is a GAME MOVIE, they never ever ever ever ever ever ever turn out well.
    I thought the first Resident Evil was pretty good. Granted, that's 1 movie out of many.

OT: I'm not sure why anyone's surprised. It would've been a shock if the movie HADN'T sucked. Reading through Duncan Jones' comments I saw one about how it would be "interesting" to explore Thrall's story in a future Warcraft movie and I was like NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I thought the first Resident Evil was pretty good. Granted, that's 1 movie out of many.
    As its own thing, it's alright. But as a Resident Evil (0,1,2,3 and CV, the newer ones are starting to resemble the movies) adaptation, it's pretty awful. Dropping a few names and having zombies doesn't cut it.

OT: I'm not sure why anyone's surprised. It would've been a shock if the movie HADN'T sucked. Reading through Duncan Jones' comments I saw one about how it would be "interesting" to explore Thrall's story in a future Warcraft movie and I was like NO.
    Are you in shock? Because it doesn't suck. It's not the best movie ever, but it's way better than every other videogame movie, and comparable to most popular blockbusters.

When I read that I felt a little nauseated. I could almost feel metzens hand waving over the script muttering to himself, One thrall to rule them all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    You've not even seen it?
    I have and that comment is just ridiculous. It's a pretty decent movie atleast a 7/10.

Rotten Tomatoes gave Mad Max: Fury Road a 97%. That tells me all I need to know about that particular site.

I'll rather listen to those real people than listen to those "so called professional" that just write what gets the most clicks.
    I agree. If my opinions tend to line-up with a leading movie critic, then I'm more inclined to consider their review of a film. However, 99% of the time, the opinions of others bare no weight on my interest or opinion of a movie.

I think this will be a good movie and can't wait to see it. I also think 2016 is the year that video game movies make a turn around into being good. \m/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Probably because they had better script writing, better pacing, better mixture of special effects to real life when it comes to joining the two onscreen as well as character development and thats before you get into how much the general audience loves superhero movies. The CGI alone was never enough to sell warcraft on. Good cGI is a dime a dozen these days. Sure it's going to get mentioned as not sucking but I'd say most people expect it not to these days.

Your dislike of RDJ doesn't mean much.
    It means I have a functioning brain and can see a trite and predictable gag coming a mile off.

If you think CGi-ing an entire car park in a scene with nothing but dialogue is a good mixture of special effects to real life I want whatever it is you are injecting. And as for fucking character development..I've read auto repair manuals with more of it.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2016-05-31 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes gave Mad Max: Fury Road a 97%. That tells me all I need to know about that particular site.
    Mad Max: Fury Road is widely regarded an amazing movie by viewers, multiple awards win and critically acclaimed to the wazzoo. Top list on Imdb, high ratings everywhere, etc....

So yea, maybe if 97% is a bit steep, it's not far off.

What would you give it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Are you in shock? Because it doesn't suck. It's not the best movie ever, but it's way better than every other videogame movie, and comparable to most popular blockbusters.
    Completely this.

It means I have a functioning brain and can see a trite and predictable gag coming a mile off.

If you think CGi-ing an entire car park in a scene with nothing but dialogue is a good mixture of special effects to real life I want whatever it is you are injecting. And as for fucking character development..I've read auto repair manuals with more of it.
    You asked why it goes better reviews. I gave you some possible explanations, like them or not.

Apparently, the IM movies did what Warcraft wanted to do but simply did them better in others eyes. You agreeing or not doesn't matter.

I have to wonder why people place so much value on the reviews of someone they don't even know (critics). I've enjoyed movies with average to bad reviews, and disliked movies that were supposed to be amazing. Either you like something or you don't, whether or not someone paid to give their opinion likes it shouldn't factor into that decision. That being said, I have not seen the movie yet but I intend to watch it at least once and will form my own personal opinion then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I'm not going to listen to Rotten Tomatoes or any reviewer really because everytime I see a review score from them it's always saying how the movie sucked. Then I actually go see the movie they said sucked and I end up really enjoying it. Plus to me it seems like they're only reviewing it as some medieval fantasy movie and not a Warcraft movie. Like they're trying to compare it to Lord of the Rings and other movies instead of looking at it from a Warcraft fan's perspective. The only people who should be reviewing this are people who know what Warcraft is and know the lore inside and out. Of course the movie is going to suck for a person who has no idea what Warcraft is and what it's about because right away they're going to compare it to other medieval type movies like LoTR.

You can't just take some reviewer's word for it and decide not to go see it because some Joe schmo told you it was bad. Even if all reviewers say it's bad, if you're still interested in it just go see it and have your own opinion about it. Stop taking other people's opinion.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    You asked why it goes better reviews. I gave you some possible explanations, like them or not.
    Those weren't plausible explanations. Really they weren't.

the warcraft movie was suprisingly good imo. And at least some ppl seem to agree with me.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/combined

and some food for thought. 34 reviews gave Rotten grade on the movie Fightclub on rottentomato.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2016-05-31 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    SNIP...
    You can't just take some reviewer's word for it and decide not to go see it because some Joe schmo told you it was bad. Even if all reviewers say it's bad, if you're still interested in it just go see it and have your own opinion about it. Stop taking other people's opinion.
    Sure you can. Why spend that money at a theater when you can own it later. Hell, if you were skeptical, just wait and rent it first and spend $5 instead of $20.

People listen to reviews to gauge if they want to spend the money or not. It's rather simple. Both the positive and negative ones if their smart.

Those weren't plausible explanations. Really they weren't.
    If you have been reading any reviews both positive and negative, they are plausible. There not infallible but they are plausible as to why IM got better reviews.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-05-31 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed the animated "Last Airbender" seasons, and yet I'm confident I made the right choice to not see the movie. With 183 reviews, and a 6% rating I have no doubt that the movie was a train wreck. I have yet to talk to a fan of the series who has talked positively about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyvah View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed the animated "Last Airbender" seasons, and yet I'm confident I made the right choice to not see the movie. With 183 reviews, and a 6% rating I have no doubt that the movie was a train wreck. I have yet to talk to a fan of the series who has talked positively about it.
    Oh -its- bad. It is one of the worst movies ever made in existence. They even have the camera crew running through a movie scene. Even the deleted scenes are more awful than expect them be.

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."