Poll: Is it a good idea for Pandaren DKs to exist?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Pandaren Deathknights?

So the idea struck me, wouldn't it be possible for wandering Pandaren such as Chen (and perhaps others) to have been caught by the Scourge during Wrath and converted into Deathknights?
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

7+ Year Old Account
    nope.
    the never met.

really, dont try to turn the fluffy bear race into a deadly deathbringer.
    they are too cute for that.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    There's one from the Garrison Inn.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    nope.
    the never met.
    Doesn't that apply to Gilnean Worgen as well, though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    Doesn't that apply to Gilnean Worgen as well, though?
    Good thing Worgen Dks are not Gilneans.

Worgen Dks are Shadowfang keep Worgen.

To the OP, only if Bolvar starts to create more DKs will I accept Pandaren as DK canidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There's one from the Garrison Inn.
    Followers from the Garrison are not really the best examples for cannon. I mean my friend Cadistra who is a Wow Artist was made into a Garrison follower, but not me or her, or any one who knows her is foolish enough to say her character is canonical now.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-05-31 at 07:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

7+ Year Old Account
    no...
    no ...
    no...
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    With the Legion war-effort in full swing and a need to buttress their forces with new blood (so to speak) I wouldn't doubt the Ebon Blade could do with expanding its ranks a bit.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    With the Legion war-effort in full swing and a need to buttress their forces with new blood (so to speak) I wouldn't doubt the Ebon Blade could do with expanding its ranks a bit.
    Pretty much, if Pandaren become DKs it will be through new lore, not shoe horning them into old DK lore.
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Good thing Worgen Dks are not Gilneans.
    Worgen Dks are Shadowfang keep Worgen.
    uh, ok. Didn't know anyone beyond the wall regained their senses. I thought that was exclusive for Gilneans.

Still, based on the chronicle, the pandaren of the Wandering Isle have been roaming Azeroth for last 800 years. One of them dying to the Scourge isn't that big of a stretch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    uh, ok. Didn't know anyone beyond the wall regained their senses. I thought that was exclusive for Gilneans.

Still, based on the chronicle, the pandaren of the Wandering Isle have been roaming Azeroth for last 800 years. One of them dying to the Scourge isn't that big of a stretch.
    Yeah, the story goes that you're a Shadowfang Worgen who escaped from the keep. You hid among the Argent dawn, some how hiding the fact you're a Worgen, most people assumed Shadowfang Worgen just had more control over their bestial nature, but it's not really explained. All we know is that becoming a DK gives you full control over the beast.

Keep in mind the 800 wandering years really does not mean anything since only about 20 of those 800 years did the scourge actually even exist.

I mean let's just assume the Garrison follower is cannon, she would most likely be the only one of her kind.
    I AM the victim.

Could be, but pre MoP, there like maybe 10 panda out in the rest of azeroth, Chen included. The chances off one being in the argent dawn or just in the plague lands, getting killed and rezzed as Dk are beyond slim.

Keep in mind the 800 wandering years really does not mean anything since only about 20 of those 800 years did the scourge actually even exist.

I mean let's just assume the Garrison follower is cannon, she would most likely be the only one of her kind.
    True, I mostly just wanted to point out the existing possibility. Multiple pandaren appearing in the middle of Loarderon during or post W3 would probably stretch the "it's possible" too much.

With Bolvar reappearing in an active role and with the Ebon Blade doing what they're doing (spoils), I believe Pandaren DKs will eventually be a possibility.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    With Bolvar reappearing in an active role and with the Ebon Blade doing what they're doing (spoils), I believe Pandaren DKs will eventually be a possibility.
    They might even go as far as to updating their starting zone to fix some of the plotholes in the original's story.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Not before we get draenei warlocks, no.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    I want to say no, but since we have fucking gnome DKs...well, anything is possible I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Not before we get draenei warlocks, no.
    I don't see either as likely to happen. Pandaren DKs would pretty much require a new DK starting zone story. Draenei warlocks, while not impossible, clash heavily with the culture and themes of the exodar draenei. I could maybe see draenei demon hunters if they ever expand that because demon hunters are illidari rather than regular members of horde/alliance culture, but draenei warlocks I don't expect to see unless blizzard eventually just opens up every class/race combo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    I want to say no, but since we have fucking gnome DKs...well, anything is possible I suppose.
    There's no lore reason though to prevent gnome dks, while pandaren were incredibly rare in the Eastern Kingdoms up until MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    There's no lore reason though to prevent gnome dks, while pandaren were incredibly rare in the Eastern Kingdoms up until MoP.
    but.... but their small If something that is small can be a DK, then anything can be because ignore lore.
    I AM the victim.

but.... but their small If something that is small can be a DK, then anything can be because ignore lore.
    Yes, they're small, but that doesn't mean they can't fight. There's no height requirement for undeath.

Also the lore reason to bar pandaren DKs is that they were INCREDIBLY RARE in the eastern kingdoms during that time period to the point where it's highly implausible that any would have A. been in the plaguelands B. gotten killed by scourge C. risen as a prospective death knight D. made the cut since most of those raised I think just got killed by the succeeding death knights in the first quests. It's not that pandaren aren't strong enough to be DKs or have some sort of lore immunity. It's just that there wouldn't be any there since few pandaren were out roaming around like Chen at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Yes, they're small, but that doesn't mean they can't fight. There's no height requirement for undeath.

Also the lore reason to bar pandaren DKs is that they were INCREDIBLY RARE in the eastern kingdoms during that time period to the point where it's highly implausible that any would have A. been in the plaguelands B. gotten killed by scourge C. risen as a prospective death knight D. made the cut since most of those raised I think just got killed by the succeeding death knights in the first quests. It's not that pandaren aren't strong enough to be DKs or have some sort of lore immunity. It's just that there wouldn't be any there since few pandaren were out roaming around like Chen at the time.
    I was mocking the bullshit logic people have.

I'm well aware of the lore. Like if you read my other posts in this thread you'd know I'm aware of that.
    I AM the victim.