Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I guess what they could do is like, for like each X difficulty, you get a token for a tier piece. It begins at lfr level and goes up the higher your keystone is.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    That was the Warlords approach, and it failed - spectacularly.
    What's the actual measure of failure though? MoP still lost 3m subscribers with it's LFR model.
    And there's a thing that Blizzard shouldn't really continue adding incentives to run queueable content that hardly needs any effort. Tier set in mythic+ would be reasonable though, it's still pretty casual friendly on lower difficulties, but at least you would go through forming the group, learning the tactics and helping your team instead of /following the raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mythic dungeons? 99% chance for a no
    Mythic+(aka new CMs) "end of the week"-cache, maybe, dont see a reason why not, aslong u used an high enough keystone
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmigration View Post
    From what I've read, iL will not make as huge of a difference as it has in the past though. If Myth 5 gear doesn't have set bonus' will the iL difference make up for it? I'm not trolling at all, I'm actually curious as I don't have beta access.
    they said that when it had to do with PVP gear. Not PVE, unless I'm mistaken
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    The source is me doing mythic+ dungeons and looting the chest at the end, all the gear it contains is dungeon gear with increased ilvl.
    Can confirm.

Each level increases the ilvl of the final reward (can be 1 to 2 items from my experience) by 5, so normal mythic is 840 ilvl... completing mythic+6 will grant 865 ilvl gear.

obviously all gear has potential to be warforged (+10 ilvl) or titanforged (+5 to +75 ilvl)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Mythic dungeons? 99% chance for a no
    Mythic+(aka new CMs) "end of the week"-cache, maybe, dont see a reason why not, aslong u used an high enough keystone
    the end of hte week cache just grants you a keystone which is 3-5 levels below what you maxed out on the reset prior (so if you hit mythic+10, likely you'll get a keystone at level 6-7)
    Last edited by Floopa; 2016-05-31 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Do we know yet what kind of loot the end of the week mythic cache in the class hall will drop?
    there's no loot. it just gives your keystone.

i think they changed their minds with mythic+, you now get a loot drop whether you complete or fail the dungeon (previously their plan was to only award gear when you failed etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Yeah set bonuses are a big concern for me as well. I really dislike LFR, and to be frank the gear it drops isn't great in the first place. It would be a shame if OP setbonuses would make LFR a requirement for mythic+ players.

One solution for this would be for a profession like Inscription to be able to create set bonus items for your head, shoulders, chest, gloves and legs. Not the same ones as the raiding gear obviously but a few different ones for each spec that would scale with your average item level of the items you had attached them to. For raid gear you could even allow you to overwrite the set bonuses with new ones.
    This would also help with one of the problems I have with set bonuses where they sometimes changes your spec so much that I no longer enjoy playing it.
    How the fuck would LFR be a requirement for mythic+ players? If you dont have full 4p by the time mythic comes out. You are not a mythic raider. Your guild is not even top 1000. You should not be worrying about these things.
    Any guild worth half their shit in gold would be doing split normal/heroic runs in the time before mythic/lfr comes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    They'd probably be somewhat redundant with the new Class Order sets though, wouldn't they?
    The class sets are just open world based bonuses. You can upgrade them to a decent level but it's all stuff like +stat, damage reduction when you get under x% hp etc, which only work outdoors in the Broken Isles.

Dungeon Sets with mythic ilvl could be a nice change though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    It's a better argument than "take everything meaningful out of the game so that organised raiders don't feel compelled to do it".

That was the Warlords approach, and it failed - spectacularly.

We're at the point where the game needs to be rewarding in a great many fashions, rather than diluting everything to stop raider whinges. They should learn to control their own playtime and accept that other content isn't made for them.
    And yet you seem to be arguing against the point of this thread, which is that Mythic+ should have set bonuses so people don't feel forced to run LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Isnt this shitposting for the sake of shitposting???

Oh come on. Whats next? You want to do solo quests to get tier?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glorygores View Post
    How the fuck would LFR be a requirement for mythic+ players? If you dont have full 4p by the time mythic comes out. You are not a mythic raider. Your guild is not even top 1000. You should not be worrying about these things.
    Any guild worth half their shit in gold would be doing split normal/heroic runs in the time before mythic/lfr comes.
    I was under the impression the new personal loot system they were implementing was designed to combat that though? Or did they move away from personal loot entirely? Like, from what i remember, all loot would be personal loot only, kinda hope not though.

And in this post, someone confuses Mythic+ (dungeons) with Mythic Raids. Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It would be terrible if LFR drop tier pieces and Mythic+ doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not a good argument. You are not forced to do anything in this game but the design can make it so that you would want to do it because it wil give you advantage that is noticeable. WoD's model is good. You could absolutely ignore LFR.
    You've genuinely lost all credibility saying the WoD model of LFR was anything remotely close to good. Something can't be good if theres never a reason to do it outside of legendary quests. Thats a FUNDAMENTALLY flawed designed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minti - Lightbringer View Post
    I was under the impression the new personal loot system they were implementing was designed to combat that though? Or did they move away from personal loot entirely? Like, from what i remember, all loot would be personal loot only, kinda hope not though.
    Personal loot isn't forced. You can still choose to do master loot. Blizzard has no goals of changing that either. They probably buffed the rates that Personal loot gives gear but its definitely not mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    theyve said mythic dunegons can drop gear equivalent to mythic raiding. and since currently youre expected to have at least normal raid gear before you even set foot in WoD dungeon, it can be easily expected that mythic 5s gear in legion will be vastly better than lfr
    lolwut? WoD mythic dungeons are balanced around Tanaan gear. Sorry Charley you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    And in this post, someone confuses Mythic+ (dungeons) with Mythic Raids. Yay!
    I did not confuse mythic+ with mythic raids. The only reason You would be "FORCED" to do LFR for tier is because you don't have said tier when Mythic Raids comes around. As that is the only content where you would arguably NEED tier to complete/ progress competitively.

IF you are not looking to compete competitively in Mythic Raids then why the fuck do you feel forced to do anything?
    IF you are, Your guild will be running normal/heroic split raids + mythic+ dungeons to be well geared enough to tackle said Mythic Raids.

Reading comprehension is a bitch ain't it, not all of us can grasp it, and thats ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    lolwut? WoD mythic dungeons are balanced around Tanaan gear. Sorry Charley you're wrong.
    Mythic+ dungeons can. Not normal Mythic Dungeons.

Mythic+ dungeons != Mythic raids.
    I said absolutely nothing about raiding outside of LFR in my original post.

Deleted
    Hey,

in my understanding, i will even run LFR in Legion even if they wouldnt drop tier gear, the new "+"tech (titanforge) can push an item to insane ilvls (example worldquest 835+ titanforged into 870, this can happen with dungeon, wq, raid gear. So you will be rolling you dices for a nice lucky trinket/relic chance/proc.

Rakrath

10+ Year Old Account
    They ought to. In fact lfr, mythic dungeons and even regular heroics should give you a currency to buy them with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    ... why not? Theoretically what is wrong with one unified gear progression that is accessible by all modes of play and modified by ilvl? Easier for design, easier for crossplay.
    One goal many paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Mythic+ dungeons != Mythic raids.
    Do I really need to copypaste the whole thing again? Just cause I say the word "Mythic+" does not instantly mean the damn dungeon. The only reason you should feel "forced" to do anything is if you seek to have a competitive advantage in Mythic (RAIDING) Progression. Otherwise you should feel free to not do or do any content you see fit.