Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Just watched it. I liked it and I hope they will make a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    It's always face value for me. In the case of movies that value is derived from trailers. And to be perfectly honest Warcraft didn't look like much to get excited over: B-list TV actors, poorly executed CG and corny catchphrases. I can totally see why some people would come to the conclusion that the movie might be shit because that's what was presented to us. A better question is: Why were so many people hyped about it after the first few trailers came out? Movie might be good, I don't know, haven't seen it. But the hype around it is completely unfounded in my opinion.
    I was hyped for a Warcraft Movie, but as you, the trailers seemed pretty poorly executed. My expectations went low, and i just went in to see because of my love for the universe and games. What i didn't see coming was an actually great movie. I was caught by surprise! This movie did exactly what i at first was hoping for in a Warcraft movie. The trailers showed us nothing of the movie. Anyone who judges by trailers are not doing themselves a favor. I sure wasn't. I can see why some none-fantasy movie fans wouldn't like the movie. But i couldn't imagine a warcraft player who wouldn't like it or even love it. No one that i know of who have seen it disliked it. Everyone was thrilled and half of them are ready to pay for another round of a great IMAX 3d experience. Btw, the 3d was very well executed. Best 3d usage i've seen so far. I usually never see movies in 3d after the first five in cinemas when it was introduced, but they succeeded in this movie imo.

While writing this i've tried to take into account, that not everyone knows about the universe, and they don't have to. Not everyone knew about let's say the GoT universe, but it was and still is pretty succesful.

These are all my own opinions, please do notice that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the movie is doing pretty well so far so...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Sometimes the critics are wrong, yes. But the average viewer isn't without fault either.

If critics don't like a movie and the audience reception is mixed, chances are that it's not worth spending the obscene ticket price to see. That said, there are exceptions. There are times that Critics and the General Public liked/hated a movie and I felt the opposite. Sadly if you're on the fence about seeing a movie, the only thing you can gauge whether or not it's worth it with is how well it's been received by fans and critics.
    Which is why the movies real success will hinge on word of mouth. The first weekend will likely do OK because of a combination of Warcraft fans and general fantasy fans, plus the "Sure, looks fun" people who are up for almost anything with cool action. The *dropoff* the following weekend will be severe without decent word of mouth and not too bad with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuuj View Post
    Just watched it. I liked it and I hope they will make a sequel.
    They better I wanna see Stormwind burn dammit :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    It is not that people WANTED it to fail, it is that the movie DESERVES to fail.
    Have you watched it?

Wanting the movie to fail fits the new fan-driven narrative that Blizzard is doing everything wrong. If the movie fails, they get to say, "Hah! I knew it was gonna fail just like that shitty WoD expansion they made because they hate their fans! What a bunch of corporate shills!"

Perhaps these people genuinely think that watching Blizzard burn to the ground will somehow force them to make games the way they want. But if they had it their way, we'd just have 50 fucking Vanilla servers that nobody played on. They'd be happy, though, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    A lot of people say its bad, not because of trolling. But because they dont have a mind of their own. They go read reviews of it on stupid sites like RGT, see the "reviewers" say its bad, then start parroting it.
    Have you read that review which compared Warcraft storyline to europian migration crisis? It was the guardian one I think.
    Critics are being bitches about this movie for some reason. I get the " nerds go crawl back to your basement and leave the grownup stuff to us" vibe from lots of em.

Me and my brother went and saw the movie yesterday. I thought it was a good movie. Great? No, it wasn't. But it sure as hell doesn't deserve the, quite frankly, bullshit "reviews" from clickbait-seeking fuckwigs on RT and MetaCritic who label themselves as "professionals".

But then again, trust critics to state three facts, get two of them wrong, and then draw an irrelevant conclusion from the lot. No surprise there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I want it to succeed. But sadly it seems like a mess.
    It was really good. A fun 2h long entertainment. Sadly the big critics hate it for some reason while other critics on youtube found it enjoyable, for an example schmoeknow and collider enjoyed it and many many more did. But yeahm go and see for yourself when it comes out and tell us your thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Me and my brother went and saw the movie yesterday. I thought it was a good movie. Great? No, it wasn't. But it sure as hell doesn't deserve the, quite frankly, bullshit "reviews" from clickbait-seeking fuckwigs on RT and MetaCritic who label themselves as "professionals".

But then again, trust critics to state three facts, get two of them wrong, and then draw an irrelevant conclusion from the lot. No surprise there.
    I agree, many critics just shits on this movie. Would not supprise me if the were comparing it to LOTR.

because people think "lol im cooler criticizing the movie even if i didnt see it yet" ? Since that its often the case in all the comment. For he one who have seen it and didnt like, i apologize (but i didnt really see one yet, except for the "ITS MISSING 30 FUCKING MIN AT LEAST ITS CUT WITH A CHAINSAW" where i agree).

yeah since its from a video game it has to be crap and can not be good

Yes, unfortunately this community enjoys yelling about how things suck more than trying to make them better.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

15+ Year Old Account
    Half this forum would like nothing more than to see Blizzard perish so Blizzard can be as miserable as they are. It's quite sad actually. Unfortunately with 100 million people playing WoW at one time or another, they have a pretty strong chance of doing extremely well. So they will continue to be miserable!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Sometimes the critics are wrong, yes. But the average viewer isn't without fault either.

If critics don't like a movie and the audience reception is mixed, chances are that it's not worth spending the obscene ticket price to see. That said, there are exceptions. There are times that Critics and the General Public liked/hated a movie and I felt the opposite. Sadly if you're on the fence about seeing a movie, the only thing you can gauge whether or not it's worth it with is how well it's been received by fans and critics.
    Critics also tend to hate fantasy movies. Fellowship of the Ring got extremely low scores yet it blew the pants off the box office. They gave the new Xmen 49% yet I loved it. Neighbors 2 on the other hand was lame as hell which somehow received a 63%.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    Every time i see a post about the movie theres a couple or more trolls saying stuff like " oh this movie is crap" "saw the movie is bad" why are people so into seeing it fail?
    its like those kids that screams gg S@20 in the first 5m of a lol game after someone gets killed or those same people that cant stop claiming the new expansion is crap and wow is dying. its very annoying, are you even a real fan? some of the critics that are giving the movie thumbs down are giving it out of spite or to look cool for some reason, have you people even read why they are giving it a bad score? it makes no sense, and one of them thought the dragon ball evo movie was great, what?!

stop being a troll and support the movie by watching it, even if u dont like it, u prob went to see twilight under the excuse that your GF wanted to see it use a similar excuse to pull your friends to see warcraft, wish i could see it now but the sh*t ass country i live in its not gonna show warcraft until july.
    Hey there. Welcome to the internet.

Blizzard White Knight-Will love.
    WoW Fan-Will see and judge
    WoW player-Will see and judge
    Wow Critics-Will see and judge
    Blizzard haters-Will Hate

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    I played Warcraft I before Warcraft II was released; you can call me a Warcraft fan. I watched the movie. My review: everyone who knows and likes the Warcraft universe should go and watch the movie. Despite some small lore alterations/discrepancies, the movie is great for its intended target audience, the Warcraft fans. It will definitely have a cult following, no doubt about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

lots of people hate blizzard and world of warcraft and theyre taking that hate and putting it into bad publicity for the movie usually with no basis or a slim one
    i trust any fair review that actually points out flaws but still praises the good aspects and gives it a fair rating over the ranting hate reviews any day

Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    Have you read that review which compared Warcraft storyline to europian migration crisis? It was the guardian one I think.
    Critics are being bitches about this movie for some reason. I get the " nerds go crawl back to your basement and leave the grownup stuff to us" vibe from lots of em.
    no i dont read reviews on movies. i see the trailers, see what the movies is about, and decide if ill go watch it. Then go watch it, and decide if i like it or not.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    We don't want the movie to fail! It's just, I, like many others have spent our whole life playing this game...ever since the release of the first Warcraft games back in the 90s....and I have played every WC game up until now, including WoW of course.... And I know i'm not the only one here...but naturally you must understand, PEOPLE ARE AFRAID!! We wan't it to be good!! It's a huge thing! Since it's been around for so long and it's such an awesome game in every way, it's easy to be a bit skeptical about it.... But I know in everyones mind, everyone want it to be awesome, but they're scared :P

I still haven't seen the damn thing so...i'm still very excited to go see it!