Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Finally Youtube is going after pirates. Its starting with attacking Tubeninja. Hopefully they get shutdown along with youtube to mp3, Youtube Downloader and all the others. Hopefully the sue all the people that run those sites for every penny they have. Im so sick and tired of pirates.

https://consumerist.com/2016/05/31/y...wnload-videos/
    Yeah way to go! Them ruining something that is not illegal everywhere!!! woo!

Deleted
    Piracy is just a sign of poor service. Going after pirates just means that you are starting a witchhunt, and you refuse to improve your services.

Good on you, Shittube. Don't fix the WTFU, don't fix the claims, don't fix the blockage.

Fix "piracy". Yes.

Deleted
    Why would one pirate youtube videos?

Isn't it easier to simply watch them on youtube?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Eventually they will find a way to completely shut them down. People said the same thing about piracy in gaming and now denuvo it's giving pirates a hard time.
    How is that Pirate bay shut down going?

Oh... right..

This is different, how exactly?

You will *never* stop pepople downloading youtube videos... NEVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'd prefer if they ban garbage channels like femfreq and other trash tier nonsense by butthurt idiots.
    I don't, I think its important to have something to make fun of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't, I think its important to have something to make fun of.
    You have MMO-C, don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ads are not legit income, it's like paying for the leaflets that are being posted in your letterbox. We should be paid for watching ads, not the other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Good luck preventing people from recording the audio/video on their screen. All this is going to do is punish offline people, and do nothing to prevent piracy.
    Offline people cant use youtube to download the videos anyway. Very few people dont have internet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Curdi View Post
    People who upload videos to youtube rarely include a download link to the original video in the description.
    Thats because youre supposed to go back to the video on youtube every time you want to watch it so they get their ad money

Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    How is that Pirate bay shut down going?

Oh... right..

This is different, how exactly?

You will *never* stop pepople downloading youtube videos... NEVER.
    Last I saw, PirateBay was back up, and under a Domain in Virginia?

But yeah; PirateBay, a long with hundreds of other resources, are ahead of Google / Companies. Sure they are being chased. But the number of them being caught, compared to those going on, is so small that it really is not affecting anything.

There are several programs out there that Youtube/Google can't track currently that pull the Audio files from video's as they are streaming.

Since Youtube/Google allow video's to be Streamed / Widgets to websites where you don't have to go to youtube to watch a video, those programs are going to continue to exist, and Youtube/Google won't beable to do much about it.

Google with Chrome in the past tried to block several Addons/Mods from operating inside of Chrome that did those types of requests, but have since been bypassed and ignored.

The only way currently where programs are getting blocked from downloading certain videos, streams, or pulling audio data are Videos that are locked to certain countries that Google has blocked on their end from showing outside to anyone else. This method seems to have been greatly relaxed by request from the Music Corporations, though.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Offline people cant use youtube to download the videos anyway. Very few people dont have internet
    Citation needed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    The only reason I use youtube downloaders, is because some songs can't be found on itunes/spotify, etc.
    So listen to it on youtube every time you want to hear it

7+ Year Old Account
    People actually have something against getting free music and movies??? How can anyone be upset about this? Thumbs up for piratebay and every likeminded site out there, I love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Content streamed from the internet is content that is downloaded to my device.
    Its streamed, not downloaded as a file that you can use offline unless you do it through unauthorized means. I know this is a comedy skit, but very relevant

10+ Year Old Account
    And something better will come along when you shut all of those down.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If I disconnect my internet after something has been fully loaded I can watch it as long as I don't close my browser.
    Its cached, not downloaded

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    In the same way that recording a show on your DVR is, unless I'm completely misunderstanding what this is all about.
    When you DVR something it takes just as long to record it as it does to watch it. Youre not downloading an hour show in 30 seconds. Thats why it doesnt fall under the VCR Beta lawsuit from the 80s. Also its locked to that device

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the heads up Orlong. *promptly downloads everything he needs*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Downloading music off youtube and putting it on your mp3 player is somehow pirating but going on youtube ittself and listening to that music for free with a adblocker somehow is not.
    what is this, politics?
    Pretty much this.
    Better yet. You can make a playlist of videos containing songs avaiable on Youtube and if you live in a wifi rich enviourment then the derived experience is almost indistinguishable from having tons of MP3 you're listening to.

And how does it end up cached?

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    I'm not saying it's illegal. But you are certainly depriving website owners from ad revenue, having already used their service ( the content in the website). Imagine a content strike claim on a youtuber and that is pretty much adblock
    1. Theft has a very specific definition.
    2. Theft is criminalized.
    3. Things that meet the definition of theft are illegal and prosecuted.
    4. AdBlock is not illegal.
    5. Usage of AdBlock is not prosecuted.
    6. AdBlock is theft.

OK, I got the first 5 steps, but I got lost at the last one. In more serious tone, there is no agreement between a YouTuber and the user that would necessitate the usage of the service on adds. YouTube Terms of Service also don't mention adds. Making a donation based system of payment for your service of product (which IIRC was the case via paypal for things like YouTube videos before advertisement sector smelled profits and now is making a comeback with Patreon) also deprives the service/goods providers of revenue if someone chooses not to donate. That also doesn't make not donating theft. It's the service provider's problem they chose a source of income that doesn't guarantee revenue with each use of the service. Or even create an obligation on the user to provide said revenue.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-05-31 at 10:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

- - - Updated - - -

When you DVR something it takes just as long to record it as it does to watch it. Youre not downloading an hour show in 30 seconds. Thats why it doesnt fall under the VCR Beta lawsuit from the 80s. Also its locked to that device
    You remind me of one those people who are always talking about things that " Break the internet "