Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    This isn't exactly why, but there just happens to be a modern and shakily justified or completely unjustified streak of social conservatism in Islamic cultures today. There's nothing inherent to Islam that makes this thing more likely to happen. It really is just a 'trend', in the most trivial sense of the word.
    Why do you think this correlation exists?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    They do happen. People are pushing an agenda against the third world and I don't appreciate it.
    It's simply objectively true it happens more often in the third world and less often in the first world. No one (not me at least) made the claim that bad things don't happen at all.

You'd have to be incredibly up the river of conspiracy theory and denial. Then again I have to remind myself who I'm talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    God this is so fucking disgusting.
    I seriously need to make a list of countries I won't ever visit. I have no intention of supporting a country with my money that do not crack down extremely hard on this sort of barbaric behavior.

As for those men. The only way to bring any kind of justice is to execute those who participated in that poor woman's death. Those men need to learn that if they take the life of another simply for fucking rejecting a marriage proposal that their owns will follow too.

no no no you cna;t do that, that gives them what they want.

what you need to do is knock them out, and make them transgender *aka full job with penis gone and fake boobs* and drop them back off where they came from! *ironically this is probably cheaper then making the bombs/missiles to kill them*

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    With shit like this going on in the world I'm still amazed we have a 20+page "slut shaming" thread because some chick was told her shorts were to provocative.
    I get what you're saying. With as terrible as the 3rd world is for women, the ones that live in advanced nations should be thankful they're not abused more, and shut their stupid noise holes. They complain and complain about being objectified and shamed for having any kind of empowerment over their bodies, but man, all I hear is whining. If ladies here got burned at the stake more often, maybe they'd learn their place better.

Women, amirite bro?
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It's simply objectively true it happens more often in the third world and less often in the first world. No one (not me at least) made the claim that bad things don't happen at all.

You'd have to be incredibly up the river of conspiracy theory and denial. Then again I have to remind myself who I'm talking to.
    So you're upset at violence like this ? What about when a foreign state kills thousands of civilians by drone strikes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Because it's not anywhere near as common here, especially taken to such extremes. There are several countries in the world where revenge and honor killings and other similar acts of violence are effectively legal if not explicitly mandated by local law and tradition. Most of those countries are not in the West.

There's a huge, huge difference between household abuse and institutionalized honor killings and maimings.
    Honour crimes are simply domestic violence. Honour crimes have nothing to do with Islam and it is discriminatory to differentiate between honor killings and domestic violence just because the participants are brown. If a man kills his wife in America and Canada, too often law enforcement chalks the matter up to domestic violence so why is it any different here?

Honour’ killings have been recorded in the Southern Mediterranean, including Greece, Spain and Italy right up to the now. A law allowing for murder justified by honour remained part of the Italian penal code right up to 1980. It is unknown how many societies outside the areas commonly associated with ‘honour’-based violence enact the collective murder and abuse of women deemed to have offended traditional sexual morality, yet individual cases have been noted in places as diverse as the Philippines and Western Samoa.

In the UK, on average two women a week are killed by a current or former male partner. It is estimated that there are 10 to 12 honour killings a year. So which one is supposed to be more common according to you?!!!!!

So you're upset at violence like this ? What about when a foreign state kills thousands of civilians by drone strikes?
    What about love?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Answer my question. It's incredibly hypocritical to get upset about domestic violence but when another country commits war crimes, you don't mind.

Violence is violence. There's other types of violence in the West which is much more common than in other parts of the world.
    You're absolutely right. It seems some posters are defining domestic violence as honour crimes/killing because it's happening in an Asian household. How quaint!

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of "proposal" is that? Sounds more like an order in a medieval army.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    islamic religion is just fcked up, no matter what you gonna say, beating a woman is nothing but low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    islamic religion is just fcked up, no matter what you gonna say, beating a woman is nothing but low.
    "Beating a woman is low." This is what you should have just said and it would have sufficed. Instead you chose to air your bigoted views about a religion that has nothing to do with this thread. Honour crimes are a world-wide phenomena that extends beyond religion and more than that research has show that it's purely cultural as it's been observed and recorded at different periods of time in different locations and there's no apparent connection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    This is against Islam. I'm not sure what you're saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Religion of peace, everybody.

But the stupid bastard idiot candle burns just brightly before it goes out. People who feel in control of the world don't feel the need to do this - they'd sort it out business-style. This kind of violent lashing out, desperate to dominate and feel strong, is a sign of weakness, a worldview in its death-throes - this shit is on its way out, and there will be flare ups before its finally squashed, but ultimately islam in general will go the way of christianity in general - largely toothless, the worst of its evil curbed and made illegal, spiraling downwards into irrelevancy. Its only a matter of time and continued resistance to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

But the stupid bastard idiot candle burns just brightly before it goes out. People who feel in control of the world don't feel the need to do this - they'd sort it out business-style. This kind of violent lashing out, desperate to dominate and feel strong, is a sign of weakness, a worldview in its death-throes - this shit is on its way out, and there will be flare ups before its finally squashed, but ultimately islam in general will go the way of christianity in general - largely toothless, the worst of its evil curbed and made illegal, spiraling downwards into irrelevancy. Its only a matter of time and continued resistance to it.
    Watch out. Shinra1/Tennisace will introduce their greatest debating tool: calling you a bigot/racist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Why do you think this correlation exists?
    Historical reasons. They are much deeper than just "Islam causes people to abuse their wives". Women in Christian medieval Europe also weren't exactly well off, and yet no one seems to claim that Christianity is a religion of abuse against women. Why? Because religion is not the only factor. Plus, religion evolves too. Religion strongly depends on interpretation; interpretation that is, say, dominant in Pakistan strongly differs from interpretation that a Harvard Muslim professor might have.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Couple of absolute head in the sand retarded ostrich here. Smacking a girl in the mouth is bad but its no where near as bad as getting a group of your buddies together and gang raping a chick then setting her on fire while you high five and make smores, thats why it's talked about more when it happens, maybe stop pushing your agenda constantly and discuss the topic at hand

Maybe someone has a nice goat he can marry.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

Putting silly little labels on horrible crimes against women, and sticking them on one culture or community above any other doesn't solve any problems. It divides, spreading hate and fear. And it doesn't help the women who you are trying to help who belong to the culture/community that you just called backwards. There is no honour in honour crimes. They are plain ol' crimes against women.

Finally, honour killings are cultural they have been observed frequently in Italy up until 2 decades ago and not to mention Spain up to the modern era. They are not an Asian thing.
    Last edited by Shinra1; 2016-06-01 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Putting silly little labels on horrible crimes against women, and sticking them on one culture or community above any other doesn't solve any problems. It divides, spreading hate and fear. And it doesn't help the women who you are trying to help who belong to the culture/community that you just called backwards. There is no honour in honour crimes. They are plain ol' crimes against women.

Finally, honour killings are cultural they have been observed frequently in Italy up until 2 decades ago and not to mention Spain up to the modern era. They are not an Asian thing.
    Yeah that's why when they migrate to Europe they sexually assault women at a far higher rate than the natives. Their Islamic culture has them treating women like dirt. Take your nonsense somewhere else.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."