Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Whether you like a plot or not is subjective, whether a plot is written well is objective.

The film's plot is presented haphazardly and is written poorly because it expects you to know the backstory of all of the characters when you go into the theater. That's the primary reason why you have such polarising opinions about it. As fans we know who Medivh is and we know that he is possessed by Sargeras and that's why he is evil. This is not conveyed well in the film because the plot does not account for it.
    Medivh says there's something inside him that he cannot control, and then a demon bursts out of his head. If people have trouble comprehending him being possessed from the information readily presented in the movie, then they have some serious attention span issues. That is not the fault of the guy who made the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Medivh says there's something inside him that he cannot control, and then a demon bursts out of his head. If people have trouble comprehending him being possessed from the information readily presented in the movie, then they have some serious attention span issues. That is not the fault of the guy who made the movie.
    Why does he have Sargeras in him? Why isn't it built up or at least handled better. Again, the film just throws stuff at you without any explanation and expects you to either know it or accept it. In regards to Medivh, they could have used the scene with Aegwyn (I presume that's her) in the box thing to flesh him out a bit more by showing her fighting Sargeras and crap.

This is pretty much the state of the film (spoilers). Fuck the haters, it is for us fans basically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0TnaF5Chg4
    Last edited by Triks; 2016-06-01 at 01:01 PM.

Why does he have Sargeras in him? Why isn't it built up or at least handled better. Again, the film just throws stuff at you without any explanation and expects you to either know it or accept it. In regards to Medivh, they could have used the scene with Aegwyn (I presume that's her) in the box thing to flesh him out a bit more by showing her fighting Sargeras and crap.
    One of the major complaints about this movie is the amount of major characters being presented in the limited timespan of the movie. We did not need another. All we (meaning people with no prior knowledge of the lore) can surmise from this movie is that some demon possesses him to do his bidding. This is an introduction to the Warcraft universe. We don't need any more than that at this point in time.

One of the major complaints about this movie is the amount of major characters being presented in the limited timespan of the movie. We did not need another. All we (meaning people with no prior knowledge of the lore) can surmise from this movie is that some demon possesses him to do his bidding. This is an introduction to the Warcraft universe. We don't need any more than that at this point in time.
    I've heard the complaint and I actually think that the movie could have used another hour to better establish the setting and characters. I also think that Khadgar should have been the Alliance protagonist instead of Lothar because the audience would have been able to associate better with his inexperience and learn about the world and the unfolding events as he does. Overall, I think they should have gone the way of The Fellowship of the Ring.

I get what you are saying, though.

I've heard the complaint and I actually think that the movie could have used another hour to better establish the setting and characters. I also think that Khadgar should have been the Alliance protagonist instead of Lothar because the audience would have been able to associate better with his inexperience and learn about the world and the unfolding events as he does. Overall, I think they should have gone the way of The Fellowship of the Ring.

I get what you are saying, though.
    The movie definitely needed more time for everything. It was Legendary's decision on the final cut though, Duncan Jones' was 30-40 mins longer.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I think that it's foolish to judge the movie without seeing it.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

The movie definitely needed more time for everything. It was Legendary's decision on the final cut though, Duncan Jones' was 30-40 mins longer.
    Didn't know that. I hope they release it in DVD proper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I think that it's foolish to judge the movie without seeing it.
    Indeed .

15+ Year Old Account
    Heh, this whole thread has just gotten pwned by the guy on the main page who claimed that no-one would want to watch the Star Wars stand-alone movie, including Rogue One.

What's with those people really?

I've seen enough from the clips released to see it's badly acted fantasy drivel.

I'll wait until it's on Netflix thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Heh, this whole thread has just gotten pwned by the guy on the main page who claimed that no-one would want to watch the Star Wars stand-alone movie, including Rogue One.

What's with those people really?
    That sounds silly as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    Are these the same people who thought the new Star Wars was good too?
    Wrong there .. I hated the "new" starwars... But Loved Warcraft. Especially when Khadgar ding'd!!!

Id say by scrolling through this thread that there is an even diversity of people who enjoy the movie for what it is and then those who nit pick every fine detail and get pissed that it is not in the movie.

The way I see it. Its like whenever they make a movie out of a book. Seriously, when was the last book that you read that they made a movie out of and hit EVERY detail? There isint one. You'd be looking at a 6 hour introductory movie and lets face it, that much detail would be unappealing to non-blizzard players. I mean I get the people complaining on here about how the movie should explain the origins to Gul'dan and the burning legion and all of the behind the scenes things to back up why exactly the orcs are really moving worlds other than the fact that the "world is dying". However, this is just an introductory movie. You can't honestly expect all of these fine details to be included in the movie. LoTR is probably the best example. Those books held tons more info. You already know people who read them and were major fans of the universe probably bitched that certain things were not in the movie.
    Point being, enjoy the movie for what it is. Because yea, there are things missing. But you'd probably be more pissed if they took 3 minutes to crappily explain Kil'Jaden for example. Instead of dedicating the 30 minutes to backstory it hard about where that whole burning legion came from.

I thought the CGI on the orcs and landscape was done beyond what my expectations were
    Sure, the TV actor quality was alright. But come on, did you really expect big name movie actors to work on Warcraft? When I first heard of the announcement for Warcraft I already knew there would be TV title actors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Once the normal folks will get to see the movie the reality will hit hard. It's going to sting like a motherfucker when they will see the movie becoming a financial success and hoard positive ratings amongst normal people.
    Agreed. It's a bit corny and cringey at times but otherwise it's a good movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's not a good movie then I want it to fail. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    If it's not a good movie then I want it to fail. Why not?
    Because apparently mediocrity needs to be hoisted up so we can get a sequel to explain the parts jones cut out, plot holes left open or important things they just omitted entirely.

so you are not allowed to expect what appears to be an average fantasy movie to fail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because some people are idiots and just hate anything Blizzard-related because they quit the game.
    Obsessions are a dangerous thing.
    Yea, all those critics that played warcraft

I honestly wanted for it to succeed but the movie is trash and it deservers to bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    so we can get a sequel to explain the parts jones cut out
    He didn't, Legendary did. They have the final say on the theatrical cut. Jones' cut was 30-40 minutes longer.

I don't give a shit either way whether it's successful, why should anyone?

But I do expect it to fail because the previews have all looked like crap.

Some people just want to watch the world (of Warcraft) burn.

Honestly the trailers are not doing the WoW movie any justice. This wub wub shit talking about rising heroes should not be message. If I was making the trailer sure I would hint at the struggle and story to be told but I would mostly try to focus on the world and just get people curious. Lord of the rings does great because its plots are incredibly simple yet the world of creatures opens up before them. Let the creatures and world of warcraft speak for itself an introduce the characters around that.

Heroes will rise, heroes will rise, heroes will rise. Let them become heroes through action not title.