Thread: Tweaks

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tweaks

These are all the changes I would make to each hero to attempt to balance them out a little more. Some more major than others.

• Genji - I think he's fine, high skill cap no changes needed.
    • McCree - Increase Recoil on his Fan-the-Hammer. It's very easy to maintain accuracy with it and it shouldn't be.
    • Pharah - Increase Direct Hit damage. She doesn't deal much damage respectively and lacks the ability to crit.
    • Reaper - Works well, maybe decrease the time it takes to teleport. Nothing needed otherwise.
    • Soldier: 76 - Higher damage penalty for long range shooting. He does a ton of damage from a distance and has a highly accurate gun.
    • Tracer - Increase the cooldown on her reverse time.
    • Bastion - Wider bullet spread on his turret mode. Shouldnt be able to be accurate when shooting a sniper.
    • Hanzo - Scatter shot should be able to pierce shields.
    • Junkrat - Lower his direct hit damage.
    • Mei - Lower her health by 50.
    • Torbjorn - Sentry range should be reduced.
    • Widowmaker - Charge rate should be longer to get max damage.
    • D.Va - Either give her more health, or reduce the cooldown on her Defense Matrix. She's the easiest tank to kill by a country mile.
    • Reinhardt - Works fine, no tweaks needed.
    • Roadhog - Increase the time it takes to heal with his drink.
    • Winston - Reduce the cooldown on his shield. Increase the Cooldown on his leap.
    • Zarya - Increase the splash of her explosion.
    • Lucio - Is just fine as he is.
    • Mercy - Reduce the Ultimate gain from healing people. She can rez too quickly.
    • Symmetra - Increase the shield buff to 50.
    • Zenyatta - Decrease damage dealt and allow Orb of Discord to highlight a player (Like Hanzo or Widowmakers Wallhack)

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    These are all the changes I would make to each hero to attempt to balance them out a little more. Some more major than others.

• Lucio - Is just fine as he is.
    • Zenyatta - Decrease damage dealt and allow Orb of Discord to highlight a player (Like Hanzo or Widowmakers Wallhack)
    No, that is all.

I could pick this apart, instead I'll just disregard this completely because you are suggesting Roadhog nerfs. Great post, great user, probably an excellent player

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    No. /endthread
    And here come the "didn't read. Hate opinions. Gtfo" part of the Internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I could pick this apart, instead I'll just disregard this completely because you are suggesting Roadhog nerfs. Great post, great user, probably an excellent player
    He just heals too quick. Shouldn't be able to survive an ultimate just by hitting a button lol

He just heals too quick. Shouldn't be able to survive an ultimate just by hitting a button lol
    "Reaper's ult should be CC immune and he should be invincible, it shouldn't be countered just by hitting a button lol"
    "Pharah's ult should be immune and immune to CC because it shouldn't be countered by just hitting a button lol"
    "High Noon should go through walls, it's not fair that people can survive an ultimate by just LoSing"

I'd love to play a game designed by you, you have some great ideas

Pro Genji players feel almost game breaking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    "Reaper's ult should be CC immune and he should be invincible, it shouldn't be countered just by hitting a button lol"
    "Pharah's ult should be immune and immune to CC because it shouldn't be countered by just hitting a button lol"
    "High Noon should go through walls, it's not fair that people can survive an ultimate by just LoSing"

I'd love to play a game designed by you, you have some great ideas
    If arrogance was an illness you'd be fatally sick. No one cares about you refusing opinions on your favorite hero. If you have an actual argument to make then make it. You are the single reason this community comes off as toxic.

And here come the "didn't read. Hate opinions. Gtfo" part of the Internet.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I read it all and I disagree with pretty much all of it. I know you don't want to hear that but you will get use to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Pro Genji players feel almost game breaking to me.
    Yeah they can be rough. But it's never because of any particular ability. Skill is skill and it's noticeable

If arrogance was an illness you'd be fatally sick. No one cares about you refusing opinions on your favorite hero. If you have an actual argument to make then make it. You are the single reason this community comes off as toxic.
    Says the person who doesn't like other people's opinions.

No, I read it all and I disagree with pretty much all of it. I know you don't want to hear that but you will get use to it.
    Going to guess you main McCree

- - - Updated - - -

Says the person who doesn't like other people's opinions.
    You don't offer an opinion and instead give a middleschool quality debate of "Nuh uh". If you have an opinion then make it.

Yeah they can be rough. But it's never because of any particular ability. Skill is skill and it's noticeable
    Which would be fine if other characters had similar skillcaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Which would be fine if other characters had similar skillcaps.
    I think having easy to play characters is fine since high skilled players will still get a lot out of them. At the same time knowing you've improved on a character enough to be a challenge is a great feeling.

This thread is a little late for April fools isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    McCree's Hammer damage needs harder recoil, slightly longer cooldown (-0 .50 Sec). Nothing else needed.
    D.Va, more health on the tank, slightly lower Scan cooldown. Nothing else needed.
    Tracer, quicker Teleport cooldown (-1 Sec), longer Rewind cooldown (+O.50 Sec). Nothing else needed
    Bastion damage nerf. However, spread would fix this too.
    Lucio, personally I'd make his Blast make players go a little further.
    Hanzo, damage reduced by distance. His range is insanely high with massive damaged retained.
    Widowmaker, 100% charge slightly longer. higher assault damage with lower range. Longer Ulti use time.
    Torbjorn, turret damage nerf.

Map Changes
    Fix the access in Anubis to 2-point. That damn corridor is way too thin, and having that single side entrance doesn't help much due to how long it takes to go around, which they can still easily access you.

QOL:
    ability to send friend requests post match.
    faster game servers. some of the lag can be insane (Atleast on pc personally. not from my connection either.)
    Easier in-game player report. Having to go to the website to report players isn't fun.
    You can add players after a match by pressing "P" and choosing the Recent Players tab

Going to guess you main McCree

- - - Updated - - -

You don't offer an opinion and instead give a middleschool quality debate of "Nuh uh". If you have an opinion then make it.
    Grow a thick skin and get use to people's opinion being that your opinion sucks. The only thing I agree with us that Reinhardt is fine as is.
    Reduce Mcree fan aim? So he can be a walking joke about not hitting the broad side of a barn? That the only thing safe in the forest is the trees?
    This entire list sounds like you got killed by a class and want that shit fixed and your favs are not strong enough.

I don't need any other explanation other than what you want is terrible and would only unbalance an already unbalanced game even further. Don't try to be a game designer in a game I like just fine.

If you had a solid point to make I would agree with you but I don't agree with you in a single point. Not a one.

Also don't break your brain trying to figure me out, you obviously don't do much thinking of what others think because I don't play mcCree at all. I also don't go to forums trying to nerf McCree because someone can kill me with it.

See, that at the core is the problem with your entire ideal. If someone doesn't like your ideals they -must- play McCree, even though you know nothing of who you are talking to and what they play, but hey lets make shit up and throw it around like it is factual.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-06-01 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Lucio, personally I'd make his Blast make players go a little further.
    Buffing the already top tier support.

Grow a thick skin and get use to people's opinion being that your opinion sucks. The only thing I agree with us that Reinhardt is fine as is.
    Reduce Mcree fan aim? So he can be a walking joke about not hitting the broad side of a barn? That the only thing safe in the forest is the trees?
    This entire list sounds like you got killed by a class and want that shit fixed and your favs are not strong enough.

I don't need any other explanation other than what you want is terrible and would only unbalance an already unbalanced game even further. Don't try to be a game designer in a game I like just fine.

If you had a solid point to make I would agree with you but I don't agree with you in a single point. Not a one.
    I've spoken to people like you before. The kind that are so brutally arrogant and believe themselves amazing and right in anything that they do. I've also read your former posts in other forums. You're just a neysayer and elitist punk who says "grow a thick skin" like it's the end all to any motivational speech.

Surprisingly this game is not perfect. If you think tweaks nerfs and buffs aren't coming the you don't understand how competitive shooters work. Furthermore had I designed a game, I guarantee you'd hate it because what all this comes down to is you are just a negative person who enjoys hating on things.

That said. Since you don't agree to my thoughts on how to tweak each hero you have literally nothing to add to this thread and should butt out so constructive posts can flourish.

I think having easy to play characters is fine since high skilled players will still get a lot out of them. At the same time knowing you've improved on a character enough to be a challenge is a great feeling.
    I agree, having some easy characters to play mixed with harder ones is great. The issue isn't that there is a high skill cap, its how high it is for Genji in relation to the other heroes.