Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I will question the quality of an ASUS model. However, my Samsung has served me incredibly well for over a year now and I am immensely happy with the purchase. Some things I get buyer's remorse... this? Not at all.

MAKE SURE YOU GET CURVED.
    Curved models are more prone to backlight bleed on the corners. Bad advise imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elucidhz View Post
    Doesn't it depend whether your backlight is at the bottom or at the edges?

I'm assuming that no LCD monitor is decent enough to have direct-lit backlight.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol maybe for IPS.

My VA doesn't have any backlight bleed. At all.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    lol maybe for IPS.

My VA doesn't have any backlight bleed. At all.
    Well then you're in the minority because many people have complained about the atrocious quality control. Also, are you sure you're not confusing backlight bleeding with IPS glow? Anyways, I have the samsung which uses a VA panel and the dell (ips), both variants have bleeding issues on the edges.

With that said, 3440x1440 is nice when games support it. Most of the time though, you'll be forced to play with vertical black bars. It's also an amazing experience when watching films as you don't have to deal with horizontal black bars - this was one of the main selling points for me since I watch a lot of movies on my PC.

At the end of the day you're taking a chance because quality control these days seems to be non existent. If it's not bleeding issues, it's stuck/dead pixels or terrible panel uniformity.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just how bad is this bleeding? Like, if you have lights on in the room, which people should arguably ALWAYS HAVE... then really, the chances you'll notice bleeding I would doubt.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Well then you're in the minority because many people have complained about the atrocious quality control. Also, are you sure you're not confusing backlight bleeding with IPS glow? Anyways, I have the samsung which uses a VA panel and the dell (ips), both variants have bleeding issues on the edges.

With that said, 3440x1440 is nice when games support it. Most of the time though, you'll be forced to play with vertical black bars. It's also an amazing experience when watching films as you don't have to deal with horizontal black bars - this was one of the main selling points for me since I watch a lot of movies on my PC.

At the end of the day you're taking a chance because quality control these days seems to be non existent. If it's not bleeding issues, it's stuck/dead pixels or terrible panel uniformity.
    The only games that do not work in 21:9 so far is, SC2, Overwatch, darksiders and LA noire that I have, most of my games work 21:9, its rare for me to encounter a game that doesnt work.