You don't have to see the movie to know it's a massive piece of crap. The trailers alone show plenty of bad acting, cheesy one liners, plastic armor and weapons, overdone cartoony cgi. They chose to overlook and ignore many things from the original story which are what made it so good in the 1st place.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    A CGI gorefest that completely butchered the source material turns out to be a complete stinker? SHOCKING!
    I am sorry that they couldnt cast orcs to play the role or find gryphons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    It's amazing watching people grasp at straws, spout wild conspiracy theories, or otherwise just ignore/dismiss information they don't like.

The mental gymnastics people are going to regarding the reception to this movie, geez.

Maybe, just maybe, it's just not a very good movie?
    Mental gymnastics to look at opening box office figures & general user scores rather than critics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    When even the background is CGI, you end with fake looking crap like Star Wars prequels or Kingdom of Crystal Skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm worried about the ratings because it can affect future Warcraft films being made - low ratings may hinder or halt it. I hadn't liked that they decided to start at the beginning, since Orcs vs. Humans is pretty boring, and as a movie, it was going to be compared to LotR (which it shouldn't). I'd really like to see more movies, with a plot/story that's more favored and has the characters that are more interesting.
    The decision to make future Warcraft films will be based on the amount of money this one makes, ratings will make no difference to whether a sequel is made or not.

Not always true. If it's a failure - ratings wise - it means viewers will likely not see the next one. This can cause film studios (Paramount, Legendary, Summit, etc) to not sign on for future developments.
    completely untrue

see: micheal bay

the only thing hollywood cares about is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    When even the background is CGI, you end with fake looking crap like Star Wars prequels or Kingdom of Crystal Skull.
    But most of the backgrounds are sets.

Unless you mean skyboxes, in that case, it's very expensive to film in the real Stormwind, you'd have to block the streets and get people off the mailboxes. And have you seen Draenor lately? They've built a ton of garrisons everywhere, it no longer looks like it used to.

Michael Bay has his own production company.
    so youre saying he would be making movies even if he worked at a loss?

because i honestly cant find any other relevant parallels to your statement

besides the semantics hurr durr hes not actually hollywood, of course

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    The CGI orcs and non-CGI humans on the screen at the same time is very jarring. The armor and weapons do indeed look plastic. The writing is abysmal.

I hope they do another and put some more effort into it. I guess only time will tell.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    That's apples to oranges. But hey if you're cool judging it unfairly having not given it a chance who am I to stop you.
    Why can't fruit be compared!?

Not always true. If it's a failure - ratings wise - it means future films will be viewers will likely not see the next one. This can cause picture studios (Paramount, Legendary, Summit, etc) to not sign on for future developments.
    Plenty of movies are poorly received by critics yet go on to be box office successes and as result have sequels made.

Given the lengths some people on these forums (and no doubt on other sites) are going to in an effort to not only discredit the poor reviews but the people that wrote them as well I honestly doubt there is any danger of the core audience not rushing out to watch a Warcraft sequel.

The film is terrible, the plot, tone, and aesthetics are all over the place, and most of the acting is terrible. The Orcs look great on their own but the CGI stuff and the real things just don't gel together at all, whoever did the compositing work should be ashamed. The whole movie should've been CG, it would've allowed for stylised human that would have "fitted" much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post
    The film is terrible, the plot, tone, and aesthetics are all over the place, and most of the acting is terrible. The Orcs look great on their own but the CGI stuff and the real things just don't gel together at all, whoever did the compositing work should be ashamed. The whole movie should've been CG, it would've allowed for stylised human that would have "fitted" much better.
    Hello!

Would you please be so kind to specify a few movies that you find as horrible as Warcraft?
    I'm out of ideas for good movies, so maybe if our tastes are so different, you can tell me a few movies I might actually like
    Thanks

Watched the movie yesterday in imax. Despite all negative reviews and bad critisism, I really enjoyed it!

Garona <3

Watched the movie a couple of days ago.

I'm completely satisfied with it. Warcraft fans will enjoy the movie (in case their 2 bit brains can make a difference between in-game and cinematic universes)
    Fantasy fans will only enjoy the movie if they break with the Orcs are braindead monsters (a.k.a LotR orcs) philosophy.
    General movie goers will definitely enjoy this film. I brought 2 of my friends who aren't fantasy jerks and know nothing about the Warcraft universe and yet they enjoyed every minute of the movie.

I give Warcraft: The beginning a solid 8/10. Review sites and the average 2 bit haters can fuck themselves.

Eagerly waiting for the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Hello!

Would you please be so kind to specify a few movies that you find as horrible as Warcraft?
    I'm out of ideas for good movies, so maybe if our tastes are so different, you can tell me a few movies I might actually like
    Thanks
    Awwww, i'm sorry, did me not liking something you did like hurt your feelings...? If you enjoyed it then great, I didn't and I have some clear reasons why I didn't, "different strokes for different folks" and all that.

Awwww, i'm sorry, did me not liking something you did like hurt your feelings...? If you enjoyed it then great, I didn't and I have some clear reasons why I didn't, "different strokes for different folks" and all that.
    That's why he's asking you what other movies you didn't like
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    and get people off the mailboxes.
    It could have been a musical, with dance numbers.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    That's why he's asking you what other movies you didn't like
    No, he's just being passive aggressive.

No, he's just being passive aggressive.
    He's passive aggressively challenging you to name other movies you didn't like, why are you avoiding this?