10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    People being more interested in killing folk rather than doing the objective because "the other guys will do it" is kind of annoying. But otherwise, having a lot of fun. Then again, I'm not one to rage because I die when I play shit so, that helps.
    The road-warrior crowd from WoW PvP coming to another Blizzard PvP game? Color me shocked
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No, i didn't. I do still rant about people thinking that arbitrary levels somehow equal to performance of a player. I bet you that levels are not used for matchmaking, there are plenty of other stats for it, levels are simply there for players enjoyment
    I think an awful lot is decided by the length of the queue, it's usually after a longish wait you get the 6s and 7s. Groups can be very variable. Sometimes I feel like it just throws you under a bus after a chain of wins just to knock your win%

I'm pretty certain level does have a sway in it, that there are breakpoints; I'm not seeing a correlation between hitting 31 and a drastic improvement in my own ability, but I do see a lot more higher level players, and fewer lower levels after getting there; and the games themselves have been generally tighter.

Deleted
    its soooo satisfying as Rein hammering down 4 players, fire blasting them and then charging into them when they are all nicely lined up

15+ Year Old Account
    Dieing alot :S

7+ Year Old Account
    i hate it so much when i get to quarter kill the enemy team as tracer but mccree gets the potg because of his fcking dead eye.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i hate it so much when i get to quarter kill the enemy team as tracer but mccree gets the potg because of his fcking dead eye.
    I'd rather watch a good dead eye shot in potg than someone shoot someone every 10 seconds. Watching people use ults is always more entertaining than the standard unloading of clips. There are certain things that flag potg and one of those is using an ult to kill lots of people and another is killing a bunch of people one at a time in a very small amount of time. If you are playing tracer and you gun down 3+ people really quickly you will get potg usually, but if its kill one, 15 seconds later kill another, 25 seconds later another, well that doesn't fit in a potg recap time allowance.
    I personally don't care about getting potg, if I get it then good for me, if not it ain't no thing. I'm only one of 12 people. I'm not playing the game to get recognized, I am playing to have fun.

Deleted
    New to the game as I'm taking a break until Legion and planning on filling it with Overwatch.

What do you guys recommend in terms of learning to play: stick with 1 hero (likely Hanzo, I enjoy his style even though he might be a tough nut to master), or work on several heroes to adapt to the situation?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    New to the game as I'm taking a break until Legion and planning on filling it with Overwatch.

What do you guys recommend in terms of learning to play: stick with 1 hero (likely Hanzo, I enjoy his style even though he might be a tough nut to master), or work on several heroes to adapt to the situation?
    Learn alot of heroes to adapt. You might see what the team needs before someone else does and that is how you win the game if it's close.

I'm enjoying it, but people are terrible at sticking to the convention of at least 1 support, 1 tank. I can't play both. Had a game earlier where we had no supports and I just wasn't surviving as Roadhog. Switched to Reaper and just flanked.

Got complimented by the other team for 'carrying' my team (felt good) but that didn't translate into getting votes at the end of my game to my 4 gold medals. Zero votes. Thanks team!

- - - Updated - - -

Play around with as many heroes as you can. During the open beta, there was a Brawl mode called "Mystery heroes". Every time you died, it gave you a new, random hero. That mode was awesome for getting familiar with all of the different characters.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Try at least 3 or 4 heroes from different categories, to highten the chance to fit in your team and contribute.
    I cant play healer's for my life (quite literally) but im fairly good with Pharah, Junkrat, Reinhardt and D.Va.
    Almost allways one of these is usefull, especially the tanks and they are quite fun too.
    Reinhardt shines at defense but can be played pretty offensive. D.Va is the other way around, more "Bang" less "Wall" just remember to play the objective.
    Im hugging the payload with Pharah (normally long range only) if needed.

Work on as many heroes as you are comfortable with to start with, then build up from there. To learn specifics like using Hanzo, such as figuring out his projectile drop etc. there is a practice mode where you can just go in with no pressure, it helps if you set yourself challenges to do in there.

Aside from that go into options and play around with the sensitivity till it is just right for you, also turn on the kill feed it's useful information that can help turn the tide in a battle (recent kills are on the top, rather than the bottom unlike most other shooters). If you want more map knowledge and to practice movement in said maps such as blinking across as a Tracer, set up a custom game, in the map you want to look at, solo and just practice your movements and look at where the healthpacks are, where you can flank where can you escape to if an ultimate goes off.
    Last edited by Kaos Incarnate; 2016-06-03 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the info, I'll have a go at Practice mode a bit this weekend to see how the different heroes play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I been having on and off periods with characters, I just picked up with Zenyatta where as before I really couldn't play as him.Now in the right situations he has been great to play.

Stil trying to get that Lucio achievment though where you kill 3 people while on your wall glide ability. Trying to get all those Pixil sprays :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Thanks for the info, I'll have a go at Practice mode a bit this weekend to see how the different heroes play.
    Id say pick at least 1 tank (reinhardt is the best choice due to his shield) 1 support (mery or lucio) 1 defense (torb is an easy one to learn) and 1 offence (id pick something easy like Soldier76) and practice them.
    Use whats most useful for your team every game.
    If they are lacking a tank go reinhardt, lacking a healer go mercy etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Stil trying to get that Lucio achievment though where you kill 3 people while on your wall glide ability. Trying to get all those Pixil sprays :P
    Trying to get wallriding in general....i dont get it. I see vids were Lucio hit the bottom only to get to the first wall...yet i fall down every time.

Another great tip when you get used to a few heroes, go into Options -> Control and then look towards the upper right corner, there is a dropdown menu with different heroes, as some of them has some extra options (Like having Lucio's songs crossfade instead of click switch).

On another point, I feel that the MMR really does jump for me, one game we are matched at around equal skill, we win but narrowly, next game I get is against someone who clearly is not that used to the game, as I managed to dance around with half the enemy team miles away from the payload (Numbani on Defend) as Mercy, getting 4 solo kills on the same time. Spoiler alert, they were aiming horrible. Still lost though because my team was even worse (5 players against a Reinhardt, Tracer and Mercy, and my team got wiped out).
    Maybe I should have gone back to them, but that involved me dying >.<

How does lucio's aoe heal work? Lets say I fall down to well in Illios map. You know that huge hole in middle of the capture point. What, if I go inside the hole and just wallride it. Do people around the capture point get healed even, if they are not in line of sight? Additionally...if Lucio is in there, does he contest the point?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    How does lucio's aoe heal work? Lets say I fall down to well in Illios map. You know that huge hole in middle of the capture point. What, if I go inside the hole and just wallride it. Do people around the capture point get healed even, if they are not in line of sight? Additionally...if Lucio is in there, does he contest the point?
    All healing from every character is LoS limited.

Mostly picking Reinhardt on attack and Sym on defense these days. Enjoying both still. I pick some of the other characters when needed, but have yet to play either of the snipers for very long. Offensive character are the same, I just don't like them that much and usually I don't have to pick them since if I join something already in progress the team needs something else.

I had been running into people I thought were insanely good snipers or possibly aimbotting. Only ended up reporting one. They could somehow see me behind walls in their kill cam without infrasight, ie the reticle never left my location behind a wall forward backward just knew somehow. Also they had 100% accuracy and 60 headshot kills on the card at the end. Watched a kill cam of them following tracers head during a blink. Shot her as she was still in the glowly blue materializing phase at the end of the blink. Still feel a bit bad about reporting since I have no real way to know 100% that they weren't some sniper god who just happens to be that good.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    they dont get healed.
    well, at least they dont when i have to wallride out.

Formerly known as Arafal