4 5.97%

0 0%

2 2.99%

0 0%

1 1.49%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    8/10

Interesting villain. The guy had actual and even reasonable motivations (even though pursued through slaughter, slavery and tyranny) which makes him better than all the "chaotic evil" dumbasses out there. The biggest flaw is the little screen time and even littler development, only partially compensated by his solid and fascinating backstory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Looking forward to having her and Vereesa, tbh, so I can go to town on them. Or more specifically, the writers who foisted them on us.
    This game is always a good place to come out with some lore frustrations xD Especially when it comes to characters, which i kind of like, but i am crying waterfalls of tears over how bad their character and personallity is build up O.o
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    @Enthralled - I think all the upper neckbeards that wanted a Thrall-esque for the Alliance in the form of Yrel will have a field day when she is polled at how the Alliance got shafted once more.

As if anyone really believed that she will leave AU Draenor after the expansion concludes. WAIT A MINUTE! Yes there were people who did, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    @Enthralled - I think all the upper neckbeards that wanted a Thrall-esque for the Alliance in the form of Yrel will have a field day when she is polled at how the Alliance got shafted once more.

As if anyone really believed that she will leave AU Draenor after the expansion concludes. WAIT A MINUTE! Yes there were people who did, right?
    I wanted to like her. I really did.

She was just yet another victim of Warlord's chopped-up, inconsistent "lore". Oh and that voice actress who played her... >_<
    But I'm getting ahead of myself here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Oh and that voice actress who played her... >_<
    Narzoool!!1!

Solid villain that isn't really evil

probably one of the most powerful characters considering he has the soul of a titan in him (I guess it's in wrathion now)

We didn't get enough of him. All his best lore is established when he's already dead >.<

Best raid boss in game. If we don't count Nefarian, that is. Although I liked his old lore more in which he died of old age, which meant(to me at least) the guy actually never had been defeated.

What really sells Lei Shen to me is that he makes sense. Most of the villains we faced in WoW are in it to destroy the world. Lei Shen, on the other hand, has a different motivation. He wants to build an empire. It sounds reasonable to me, like Zulkhan said. He also had some sort of a villanous breakdown in his boss fight, at the last phase IIRC. It showed that underneath the Thunder King laid a simple mogu, an extraordinary one among the whole species but still not a god or anything like that. For me, that seperates Lei Shen from the rest of the evil guys in WoW. I think the power creep people complain about in WoW is mostly due to the fact that villains are getting too powerful, so the players have to match that power. Lei Shen, as an individual, is not that powerful IMO. And that makes sense to me. Plus he has a cool voice. So I gave him a 10.

Although, he should have done a better job than waiting people to come to his palace and kill him. That could deduct some points, but I've already casted my vote before typing this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    @Enthralled -
    A lot of people, myself included, actually thought she would be the lights champion, alongside Anduin, who would lead the battle against the Legion in the upcoming expansion. I think Blizzard kind of wanted, that too, when they presented her at Blizzcon, but the poor work on WoD just doomed all the characters, so they put up that" No AU characters will come to Azeroth" thing up, just so they could wipe the slate clean.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Oh damn, Arthas actually got dethroned. Never knew Khadgar was loved that much.

As for Lei Shen, he was interesting enough to serve as a mid-expansion villain like Yogg in WotLK and Rag in Cata. They did build up quite some lore around him and the mogu, but the sad thing is that you never actually get to see him much in-game. He only shows up a few times during the siege in Isle of Thunder, and then its just the adventurers challenging him in his domain. If I were to get him more outside of the game, I might've rated him higher than a 6/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I nominate Moroes.
    Welcome, friend. Enjoy your complimentary pair of blinders.

Quote Originally Posted by devven9 View Post
    Welcome, friend. Enjoy your complimentary pair of blinders.
    That gave me chills the first time I read it.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    This game is always a good place to come out with some lore frustrations xD Especially when it comes to characters, which i kind of like, but i am crying waterfalls of tears over how bad their character and personallity is build up O.o
    To be fair vereesa never had any character to start. She was there for rhonin to bang, and be worse at everything in every way than her other two sisters.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    To be fair vereesa never had any character to start. She was there for rhonin to bang, and be worse at everything in every way than her other two sisters.
    Comments like this are why every time I remember Vereesa coming into the poll in the near future, I take out my imaginary violin and start playing.

*does so and hums a sad song in mockery*

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the few characters I will give a 10/10.

He's by far my favorite end boss of any raid so far. (ToT was my favorite raid period.)

I really feel he was such a good villain that he could have been the end boss for MoP, and that was before all the Lore from the Chronicles came out. I think that's why I adore Lei-shen so much, he's a villain that was created from the ground up in a such a short time, yet was executed perfectly. I still remember getting chills the first time we got to him and all he had to say was. "You... you're worthy of my ire." Since before we were just trash that he swept off his doorway like we were nothing.

The way he was introduced reminds me a lot of how Metal Gear Rising introduced Senator Armstrong, a character brought in last minute yet they capture the attention and make you feel like they are by far the biggest and most immediate threat.

And now I wait for Vereesa's judgment day.....

Dude, I know people personally who say Vereesa is their favorite character. For some bazaar reason people find redeeming qualities in her and I cannot comprehend it.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-06-03 at 06:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

3/10 meh, I didn't feel much for any of the MoP baddies really, except for Garrosh.

Can't let Maiev's brother slip from the list, nominating Jarod!

7+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty much refering to Yrel, since i don't know that much about Veressa, but as with most newer WoW characters, give me a day or 2, and i will be able to write a better character, even within the already build up boundaries. Even as the worse of the 3 sisters, you could build her character up around that. Even as just a banner figure for the silver covenant, she could have had some character and personality, which made her unique, just like her sister Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    9/10 - a solid bad guy hehehe... get it? Anyway, one of the great things about Pandaria.

Point deducted as once brought back, he stood on this tiny island waiting for us to come pwn him.

I nominate... Sally Whitemane
    My new BFF @Snowraven strikes again! Can you feel it Kalec, the magic between us?