Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Minus lore changes of course. Or predictable tropes...
    This depends on the single person.
    Also, no offense given, but do you ever give some positive statement at least once? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It was at its time.
    I'm not so sure. The background when the Rohirrim arrive at Gondor seemed quite off to me even back then.

The point is that for those who know what they like asking others what the dislikes(or think they would dislike) is getting very redundant. And in the case of those critical it leads to attacks on that person for their 100% honest opinions. Baiting people into being attacked is a real dick move.

- - - Updated - - -

Only if you are looking to sympathize with monsters and can get invested enough with their limited world building.
    Well if they went out liking the movie, something must have been done right, whetherit being the CGI, characters, acting, world/lore or music

The point is that for those who know what they like asking others what the dislikes(or think they would dislike) is getting very redundant. And in the case of those critical it leads to attacks on that person for their 100% honest opinions. Baiting people into being attacked is a real dick move.
    I genuinely don't understand what you're trying to say here. Is it redundant to ask someone what he dislikes about something on a forum? How is he baiting anyone? Really confused. As I understood him, he was trying to have a discussion/conversation, maybe I misunderstood.
    Last edited by Jotun; 2016-06-04 at 10:33 PM.

Can someone who has seen the movie confirm if the movie is 2 hours longer? I've read from some sites that the movie is 1 hour 40ish minutes. Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I'm not so sure. The background when the Rohirrim arrive at Gondor seemed quite off to me even back then.
    You sure that's CGI, the landscape? Pretty sure only Minas Tirith is CGI.

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taro10 View Post
    Can someone who has seen the movie confirm if the movie is 2 hours longer? I've read from some sites that the movie is 1 hour 40ish minutes. Thank You!
    It was 2 hours and 3 min

Quote Originally Posted by Taro10 View Post
    Well the credits are also part of the runtime

Deleted
    damn, just seen it, this movie sucks, Its "Gods of Egypt" bad. Poor script, you can see it trying to inject some humour, but it fails hard, it starts all over the place, wanders round a bit at random, then ends in a most unsatisfying way. The characters are superficial, bland and the acting is mediocre at best.

I was not expecting a "good" movie, I was hoping for an enjoyable romp that was a bit of fun but nothing to take too seriously, and I'd have been happy with that. Sadly the movie just sucked. a few individual scenes were good, but as a whole it was badly paced, badly written and badly acted.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthar View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

It was 2 hours and 3 min
    Thank you so much!

Talking about the music... after listening to the score for like 10 times or more (lol) I really realized how much complex, emotional, fitting and captivating the music composed by Djawadi is.
    There are a lot of themes, some of them I actually got only after a few listens.
    So far I spotted these themes:

- Main theme (in all its versions)
    - Two-notes theme (The one at 00:13 of "The Horde", not necessarily referring to a precise character/situation)
    - Durotan's theme (the one in "Honor")
    - Thrall's theme (you can hear it at 03:20 of "Honor", at 02:26 of "Gul'dan" and at 00:52 of "Whatever happens")
    - Medivh theme (for example in "Medivh", "My gift to you")
    - Lothar's theme (which first notes are an arrangement of "A Call to Arms")
    - Gul'dan's theme (01:36 of "Gul'dan")
    - Garona's theme ("Strong Bones", "Half-orc, half-human")
    - Dramatic event theme (it's actually a stronger version of Garona's "Half-orc, half-human" theme, and it appears in 02:04 of "Victory and Defeat" and at 06:03 of "Llane's solution")
    - Battle theme (at the beginning of "Victory and Defeat", but also at 02:40 of "Llane's Solution")
    - Khadgar's theme (I guess his theme is in "The Book")
    - Mak'gora's theme (the first minute of "Mak'gora")

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You sure that's CGI, the landscape? Pretty sure only Minas Tirith is CGI.
    You're right, that may not fall into the category of CGI. But yes, whatever you call it, the sky and lighting was very weird to me in that scene. Sort of blurry, not sharp at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    You're right, that may not fall into the category of CGI. But yes, whatever you call it, the sky and lighting was very weird to me in that scene. Sort of blurry, not sharp at all.
    It's the army that's CGI, they are the ones that are blurry and reflective. They used that copy-paste technique for big crowds, and in some shots it looks off.

Still, it hasn't aged too badly.

I'm so sad right now seeing the tracking for this in the US...

The film is far off of a masterpiece but it doesn't deserve the hate which it have to face. In Europe its quiet well received... so I just dont get it

Yes, but when others beat me to it there's no reason to include them in my statement. Just chip in with the Devil's Advocate routine.

- - - Updated - - -

Because everyone who voices a dislike for the movie is getting attacked on these forums. I've had to deal with quite a few people calling me a troll, insulting me, putting words in my mouth, and telling me to GTFO out of the thread if I don't agree with everyone else. Asking someone to voice negative opinions is basically an invitation to get attacked by those who think this movie is perfect as it is.

I enjoyed the movie but see that it has a lot of room for improvement. Just for coming from that place I dealt with pages of people telling me I want the movie to fail and shit like that. Why would I want a movie I enjoyed, based on a property I enjoy, to fail?
    get a fucking life

Yes, but when others beat me to it there's no reason to include them in my statement. Just chip in with the Devil's Advocate routine.

- - - Updated - - -

Because everyone who voices a dislike for the movie is getting attacked on these forums. I've had to deal with quite a few people calling me a troll, insulting me, putting words in my mouth, and telling me to GTFO out of the thread if I don't agree with everyone else. Asking someone to voice negative opinions is basically an invitation to get attacked by those who think this movie is perfect as it is.

I enjoyed the movie but see that it has a lot of room for improvement. Just for coming from that place I dealt with pages of people telling me I want the movie to fail and shit like that. Why would I want a movie I enjoyed, based on a property I enjoy, to fail?
    Alright, that makes more sense. But to me, in this particular instance, it didn't seem like there was any reason to think the person in question disliked the movie just for giving it a 6.5/10 as his 'objective' score if you will. And I haven't seen anyone get attacked for voicing certain problems with the film if done so in a civilized manner. Maybe I've missed it, whichever the case if people can't open up for discussion about the movie, what's the point in having a forum? Just didn't feel like you had to call him out trying to 'bait' anyone because, how do you know? Has he done so before? As I said, he might've just wanted to open up a discussion.

And lastly I have seen people call for you to 'GTFO' which in some cases might be a bit aggressively put by some people. But you've got to understand that people get annoyed by you in several cases defending the most ridiculous statements while at the same time have barely said, as noted before, ANYTHING of a positive nature regarding the film. And while that may seem like a radical reaction, you've got to keep in mind that people are sick and tired of all the trolls. And I'm definitely not calling you a troll here, I'm just saying that people might take you for one with your seemingly overwhelming negative attitude so far. I think that if you'd bring a little more positivity (because afaik you've stated that you enjoyed the film?) you might not come off as/called a troll by people.
    Last edited by Jotun; 2016-06-04 at 11:53 PM.

My biggest issue with Garona is she sounded like she had a set of these

in her mouth. If she'd worn the tusks for extended periods leading up to actual filming that issue could have been addressed.
    I have a confession to make: I reported you a few times for trolling, but if I could, I would take it back. I see now what you are trying to do here and I think I understand you a little better. I apologise

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    I have a confession to make: I reported you a few times for trolling, but if I could, I would take it back. I see now what you are trying to do here and I think I understand you a little better. I apologise
    Erm why would you apologize, he's admitted in this thread he wants to piss off people and "play Devil's advocate" that is trolling by its very nature

I wonder when WoT will get its turn. Gotta be coming up sometime in the next 10 years or so.
    very recently a serious studio picked it up and has big plans for it to be a Game of Thrones rival. If done in the vision of the writer, it potentially can out do game of thrones, able to appeal to very young and old alike and ofc the main 18-49 demography

- - - Updated - - -

Because everyone who voices a dislike for the movie is getting attacked on these forums. I've had to deal with quite a few people calling me a troll, insulting me, putting words in my mouth, and telling me to GTFO out of the thread if I don't agree with everyone else. ?
    comes with the territory, wow's like a god to some people, being negative is taken as a personal insult even when you're just being constructively critical

I wonder when WoT will get its turn. Gotta be coming up sometime in the next 10 years or so.
    http://www.tor.com/2016/04/28/tv-rig...ates-approval/

dunno if legit thou

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    Erm why would you apologize, he's admitted in this thread he wants to piss off people and "play Devil's advocate" that is trolling by its very nature
    I feel like a douche, and I feel like the guy is honest with us, can you blame him for being honest?
    He is also said he was drunk, but knows really?